Experienced Magicians Debunk "Selling Your Soul"

There is a common myth that any successful magician must “sell their soul” and become a slave, or be damned to hell for all eternity, and similar superstitious and religiously-motivated garbage.

On the suggestion of a member of this forum, and very much in line with the overall philosophy of many people here (myself included!), I’m opening a thread for people to state their thoughts on this that are AGAINST the concept altogether.

I’ll maybe add my own when time permits, meanwhile, fire away BALG forum! :thumbsup:

60 Likes

More from E.A. that’s relevant to self-sovereignty over spirits, not grovelling servitude:

Member’s successes as free agents:

More successes, shorter and less detailed, VAST amount by now:

11 Likes

If memory serves me right E.A stated that the entities are not interested in your soul but only in your Ascension. Thank Religion and Hollywood for spreading the lie about so called evil demons in search for your soul or that if you sale your soul you’ll have riches beyond your dreams.

27 Likes

I’ve been doing magick for years, even before joining this forum. Frome healing to more “assertive/aggressive” magick. Not once has the topic of selling my soul come up with any of the entities I have worked with.

As well as during all the time I have been on this forum, I have not seen a single practitioner say that it even had to be done.

Every spell/ritual I have done has come to fruition in time, some unimaginable fast. All with not even considering this thought.

10 Likes

Ok so here is a list of posts i have been hunting in an effort to break my need for a repeat button.

Regarding common experiences

Indepth guide to multiple subjects.

Regarding psychic development

Regarding sigil flashing and consecration

Regarding cleansing

Regarding a simple method of banishing

Regarding wards

Regarding witch bottles

Regarding the Theta gamma sync

Regarding a method banishing

Regarding making petitions.

Regarding the PRINCIPLES of evocation.
Which as it happens applies to Evoking Forces such as the planetary and elemental not just spirits of said force.

Regarding the method of communication with spirits.

Need supplies for your rituals?

A list provided by a member of beginners friendly spirits.

Regarding to the reason to RELAX and let go during ritual.

Regarding Angels in demonic evocation from a member who Successfully uses it as a Method of doing business!

Not a chain to bind or Whip to swing
The first will get results. The second with get you an asskicking. INTENT MATTERS
(Land mine topic for some)

Regarding tips on evocation

Regarding a method of invocation that many member have tested.

Regarding working with various deities.

Regarding PACTS that DO NOT INVOLVE THE SELLING OF SOULS

Regarding the risks an benefits of precision in magic.

A message received by a member which i personally feel relates to the challanges and hard time we face in our journeys.

Regarding the properties of palo santo wood.

Regarding the kabbalah and kabbalistic cross

Regarding how to make a scrying mirror that wont break the bank.

Regarding entites coming to you on their own accord.

Regarding balg forum resources and tips :japanese_ogre::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Regarding a mediation to start work with Lucifer.

Regarding demonic enns

Regarding KING Paimon

Edit: Regarding sallos and Lessons the spirits can teach. This one will likely grow as i find them and examples of the others. :grin:

Regarding info on Azazel from memebers

Regarding Belial

On regards to Bune and A divination method used by a member with success and who continues developing to where they need not rely only on it.

In regard to Marbas a specific spirit to help you develop. In a manner that is tuned TO YOU personally.

Regarding an Ideal lover spell that kicked in REALLY FAST :joy:

Info on the uncrossing ritual.

54 Likes

True points, but there can be auctions found through Clauneck according to one source.

2 Likes

It’s one thing if you ask for help in finding a job or career using the entities. There are hundreds of stories of Baal and King Piamon, (hope I spelled it right) etc helping with money issues. Even I had considered evoking Clauneck to help me win at horse racing. The thought of selling my soul never crossed my mind. I love my freedom to much.

7 Likes

Even with a Christian background I know the mythes and I believe your soul is yours received from source. So no one can sell his soul. If people say that they can buy your soul then I think they are frauds/manipulators.

One thing I saw a ‘black magician’ on you tube saying that he sold his soul to Satan.
And it was something different than pact working. Maybe it’s his view. He has good videos by the way.

9 Likes

I’ve been into magic and the occult for a little under a year and in the time I grew from a lost wanderer to a true Initiate, never once had “sold my soul” to any entity. I get it’s a belief widely held by outsiders and it’s possible but even before my magical exploration took place, the concept made little sense to me. I’ve only ever grew my soul through magic, even when I failed.

I think you do have to invest in the practices in order to get anything out of it, in which case it’s a different kind of selling the soul; time, not value, determines results. How much is a soul worth, anyway? My answer is; a lifetime. And more. And it’s that lifetime that has value. So the phrase could be metaphorical, but it certainly doesn’t feel like anything is lost when you truely enjoy it and gain from it, and keep your literal soul for yourself in the process. :wink:

I’m honestly surprised how many people really do believe those literal “sell your soul” stories to Satan the Christian Devil. I only sell my time to Satan the World. And not all of it, mind you. Just enough to grow meaningfully.

11 Likes

You know. One thing I would love to know is how this whole silly concept got started? Hollywood had to have picked it up from somewhere.

4 Likes

My best guess would just be one of the many influences of popular culture on Christianity. For example the bible doesn’t actually say very much about Hell. People’s perceptions of hell come I think from Dante’s Inferno and art. The film version of Dante’s inferno from the early 1900s had Demons running around hell eating people. Scared the shit out of movie goers at the time.

Because I was a religion major in college and I liked researching this stiff. As far as selling your soul I blame Theophilus.

The devil then said : “How shall I give help to him, a man serving his God? But if he will be my servant and be counter among out hosts, I will aid him so that he may do more than before and rule over all, even the bishop.” And the perverted Jew said to the wretched steward : “Didst thou hear what he hath said to thee?” And he replied : “I have heard and whatsoever he shall say to me, I will do so long as he helps me.” And he began to kill the feet of the prince and to implore him. The devil said to the Jew : “Let him deny the son of Mary and those things which are offensive to me, and let him set down in writing that he denieth absolutely, and whatsoever he may desire he shall obtain from me, so long as he denieth.” Then Satan entered into the steward and he replied : “I deny Christ and His mother.” And making a written statement and putting wax on it, he sealed it with his own ring and the two went away rejoicing greatly at his perdition."

5 Likes

The idea pops up elsewhere, there is a text in Zoroastrianism called Arda Viraf that is a tale of one of the practitioners of this religion basically getting a tour of heaven and hell.

Here is a link to the one on the Avesta site kurtis references in his book. They offer it free to view.

http://www.avesta.org/mp/viraf.html

5 Likes

Bumping For those who are new.:grin:

1 Like

That moment when someone list one of your articles in a masterpost for beginners and you just like:

12 Likes

Lmao :joy:

1 Like

that is one dedicated clown!

3 Likes

sold his soul to skittles! (I promise I’ll stop now)

9 Likes

I KNOW RIGHT!!
He has become the Rainbow :joy:

6 Likes

Bump.

2 Likes

You are not selling your soul it is really called soul devotion.

1 Like