Some Member Resources & Tips

This is a round up of just a small selection of the information, tutorials, and other material available free on this site, and other things new members often ask about - I’m hoping this post will make it easier by having a bunch of links together in one place.

Beginner Questions? Feeling A Bit Daunted?

That’s understandable! There is a member-led FAQ topic newly posted 2nd Feb 2019 at this location:

And this is a member-created Glossary of terms you will find frequently used on this forum and in general magickal discussion:

Newsletters

1: How to start using spirit sigils;

2: How to enter, and recognise, Theta-Gamma Synch (TGS) and the Rapture state;

3: The YouTube video of E.A.'s seminar on evocation at Dixie State College (1:28:38);

4: Four Incantations To Conjure Limitless Power (and the 07:22 YouTube video for that is online here);

More Video From E.A.'s YouTube Channel

A simple but effective method for banishing hostile forces (10:33);

How To Perform The Lesser Banishing Ritual Of The Pentagram (LBRP) - 12:50;

“I Ask Azazel: Are You Real? He Answers” (08:53);

The Seven Deadly Steps Of A Baneful Curse (07:29);

Background of the Universal Circle (53:52).

And, there’s more: full list of free video seminars.

Full list of video podcasts, with E.A. Koetting, S. Ben Qayin and Nate Bales getting stuck into some controversial and lively topics, and full list of videos of E.A. performing live magick rituals.

Program Catalog

Full catalog of all products and services available from this site, including the Complete Works, the Universal Circle, and information on how to book a Personal Consultation with E.A. or one of BALG’s other magicians.

Some frequently asked questions about “Become A Living God” are answered on this page, and there’s another article where E.A. talks about the psychology behind the concept here.

Forum

If you want to experiment with using the software this forum upgraded to in March 2017, please use this link: https://try.discourse.org/

It’s a “sandbox” and you can play around with the functions, make posts and add links, or drag & drop images and video to discover how things work.

There is a dark skin option for this forum, this post explains how to set it.

If you’re used to the old forum and find the layout here confusing at first, click Categories in the top menu, that will make everything fall back into a more familiar layout while you get used to the fantastic new functions.

We have this Unofficial Forum Tutorials Directory ~ Beginners, Check This Out! 👍

Finally, please take a moment to acquaint yourself with the Rules for using this forum and last (for now) but not least, please don’t forget to post an introduction in this thread! :slight_smile:

85 Likes

The resource that helped me to get into sync the most was the podcast “My escape form hellish chid abuse”. After the first 30 minutes, EA and Nate discuss different ways to get into sync. Worth going back to watch this one.

5 Likes

Very informative.

1 Like

I found this video which was very helpful on how to make incense when there are not many materials available for one to use:

:This Witch’s Way - Incense on a Budget: [url=http://youtu.be/RP2uXOIgCuM]This Witch's Way - Incense on a Budget - YouTube

Its a wiccan who does it, but the tips she gives are helpful even to black magicians.

1 Like

I’m going to add this one on as a must-watch, I’ve known this stuff since I was maybe 9 or 10 but still I forget it all the fucking time when the latest shiny thing happens by!

I Would Give THIS Magick Advice To My 16 Year Old Self

And, forum member Zac made a thread with a very good summary of things new magaicians need to know, to make sense of grimoires and threads in here:

Information For All new magicians.

5 Likes

Friendly reminder to all our newer members - please remember to use paragraph breaks to avoid the Wall Of Text effect:

Wall-o-Text

If in doubt, please throw in a paragraph break (hit “Enter” twice - not once - on a standard PC or laptop keyboard) after every sentence, or every 4 - 8 lines of text.

This is because trying to read a long unbroken sheet of text with no paragraphs added is hard work! :slight_smile:

Things like this aren’t “rules” but they do make threads a little easier for everyone to read.

Thanks folks! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I can’t like the above quite enough - can’t even begin to guess how many posts that were probably really great that I didn’t even try to read because they were humongous walls of text with no breaks.

It’s not a rule, no one is going to hold anyone’s hand, but if you’re wondering why no one has replied to you and your post looks like the picture above, look no further.

2 Likes

Excellent advice. I get chest pains just glancing at that huge paragraph. I’d bet there are tons of run-on sentences too! Hahaha!

2 Likes

Pro tip: if you don’t know anything about magick whatsoever (which is absolutely fine! We were all there once) then we can help you best if you focus on the goal/s you hope to achieve from learning magick - scattershot questions about different techniques, like chakras, how to summon demons, cast spells, etc., tend to be the type of things it would honestly take a book to answer - and may not get you closer to your goal!

By all means research these using the Search function, and of course, normal search engines, but it helps members here to help you, if you try to keep things a bit focused and specific.

Magick is about results, and staying focused on those might save you time and feeling overwhelmed, especially when it comes to the different methods used to contact spirits or build personal power.

This has come up a few times in recent weeks so I’m posting this, not as a “Rule” or anything, just a friendly guideline to help people get the targeted help they need.

Some other useful things:

✦ there’s no rule on here against “thread necromancy” (finding a really old topic, and replying to it to ask a question or make a comment), so if you find a post from maybe 2012 using Search and want to reply, go for it - there’s some really good stuff buried away! :slight_smile:

✦ the older posts on this forum aren’t an infallible and complete guide to magick, so unlike some other forums, we don’t expect you to have read them all and verified that there’s nothing remotely like your question before asking.

However, using the Search function is advised, because it will save you time, and also, the number of people who will be logging in at any one time and have nothing better to do than reply in depth, when they’ve probably already posted their amazing experiences (and answered follow-up questions) and don’t wish to repeat themselves, will be smaller than the combined mass of topics covered here over several years, so don’t miss out by not using it!

✦ if someone posted something cool and you need to know more, click on their membername to see their profile, and find out when they last logged in - if they haven’t been online for weeks or even months, they may not see your question, but hopefully someone else will respond in a helpful way. Just a tip there to avoid hurt feelings!

✦ All forums thrive on new members and the enthusiasm that you bring, your voice is welcome and your eagerness to learn is respected, so if in doubt - ASK - post in this section, New Magician Help or if you want, PM me to find out where to post something, or post a reply to this thread - I’ll reply as soon as I can.

I don’t offer any paid magickal services whatsoever, and don’t usually have time to take on magickal projects for free (I have a life!), but I can usually direct you to a thread or other resource that might help, and other members may have some helpful suggestions as well. :slight_smile:

Finally, if in doubt, hire a pro! Look on BecomeALivingGod.com, under Rituals & Consultations.

Or view the Program Catalog for in-depth magickal training and detailed instructional books and video courses.

Hope this helps, and avoids anyone feeling put upon (older members) or put off (new people who join every day!).

:smiling_imp:

9 Likes

This website of the golden dawn has great resources and pdfs of a lot of classics that are discussed often that are public domain goetia, grimorium verum, grand grimoire, abremalin etc. Scrolled down to magical grimoire section.

7 Likes

Oh no not The Golden Dawn! Kidding. They have great stuff. I own the big hardcover edition of their work. It is not easy to digest, but filled with gems.

5 Likes

I’m adding this tutorial link here:

9 Likes

Little tip:

In spring 2017 this forum was upgraded to new Discourse software which has functionality, fluidity, and features we could only DREAM of on the old system! :heart_eyes_cat:

However while many thousands of threads dating back as far as 2012 were successfully imported, a small number of internal links were broken in the process, and I’m posting this because a member just contacted me with one such example.

What you can always do is, see the broken URL, like this example:

http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/mastering-evocation-omnipotence/elixir-of-manifestion/msg21806/#msg21806

The bit right before the message numbers in the URL (in this link, /msg21806/#msg21806) will be the topic’s original title.

In this case, the URL contains elixir-of-manifestion and this is the original topic title.

If you paste it into Search and remove the dashes (these things - ) to create elixir of manifestion (complete with the typo from the OP!) you will see the thread. :thumbsup:

This is the post with the recipe:

Thanks to @TheStorm for raising the question and prompting this post. :thumbsup:

10 Likes

Bravo @TheStorm

2 Likes

Wondering if magick is worth it? :thinking:

Take a look at this AWESOME compilation by @verdo of member’s most striking successes, complete with full, juicy, details:

5 Likes

And BOOKMARKED!!!

1 Like

And thank you for the reminder of something I meant to post:

• Because this forum’s software doesn’t make threads into pages of 20, 25 posts, you can use temporary bookmarks to easily return to the last post, if you find yourself reading a very long thread, or anything that’s too much for one session. :thumbsup:

This saves a lot of catchup-scrolling, especially if your internet’s slow or your system’s not crazy about anything too complicated. It also saves you having to store weirdness in your browser’s bookmarks/favourites, if other people use that device. :thinking:

Delete the bookmark when you’re done, use it as a short-term placeholder. :smiley:

3 Likes

People have been having success using a method given by forum member @AdamThoth so I’m going to link this here as well:

2 Likes

Couple of quick usability tips:

1. If you drop in a link but it looks weird

This is a onebox, it’s where a link turns into a curated mini-preview of the site:

If a link you are posting oneboxes badly (by which I mean the page shows, for example, just an image from that site or looks wrong in some other way) you have the option to post a screengrab if it’s helpful or summarises the link, and then the link below.

To prevent ANY link oneboxing just put something before it on the same link, for example “Link” or another short description, so long as it’s on the same line it won’t try anything smart. Example using the same link as above:

Link: https://www.becomealivinggod.com/

On some occasions it will also have the name of the link, as with the link for this thread: Some Member Resources & Tips

1. Handling PMs

Some people asked me if it’s possible to delete PMs, the answer is no, but you can mass dump them in Archive to keep your Inbox nice and empty, which gives a great feeling of inner peace. :wink:

Just click the menu icon (above Topic) to the top left of where the message titles are, it will open checkboxes, select all, and dum them into Archive - messages that are replied to later will pop back into your Inbox, but it clear the clutter.

You may have to run this a few times if you have vast numbers of messages, it seems the system will only move so many at once.

1. Dark skin for the forum

This forum has an optional dark theme, which can be more restful for long reading sessions, you will need to be logged in to set it, information and a preview here:

PM me with usability questions or anything technical, if I can’t help I can find the information for you. :+1:

4 Likes

thank you

1 Like