I just want to try out magick, witchcraft, rituals, etc. But I need info

Okay here’s the deal. I still really want to get into magick and everything related but I have no clue what to do. I have focus but it’s fleeting depending on my interests so I sparatically switch from one topic to the other. The one ritual I tried when I was really focused on practicing for a while didn’t work even though it was to King Paimon supposedly the easiest, most obvious, most powerful demon you can contact. No words said, any emotion or sensation I felt could have well just been my own, and I got no answer in the slightest (I wasn’t being rude either, I was being as polite and formal as I could be). And no matter where I go to try to learn magick based teachings people always link it to religion when I just want to practice it without a link to any specific belief. I just want to practice as a normal person, learning basic magick that has an effect on the world around me. I don’t want to harm or control others I just want to do feasible, tangible, spells and magickal effects. Can anyone please tell me what to do? I have no clue what to do anymore, I’ve hit a dead end in my studies since I can’t read the book of Abramelin or anything like that without breaking my own rule. Thank you and if there’s nothing I can do I’ll just leave and won’t bother you guys again.

Sorry and Thank you for your time to read my request,

• Rowan

Have you tried using the search function in the top right corner?

1 Like

I have but I tend to not find what I’m looking for or the things I find tend to not really answer what I was asking. Hence making this topic. Tank you anyway :slight_smile:

p.s. sorry if what I type seems to be in a bad tone I’m just sleepy so I’m bad at wording things non directly for the moment (might as well as had a muddled mind spell cast on myself :sweat_smile:).

You’ve joined the forum like a month ago and in your intro you said you’re pretty new to all this. So I really have to ask:
What have you done during this one month aside one evocation for King Paimon and drawing a circle for Lucifer (which you refair as “side project”) ?

Are you meditating? Are you doing energy works? Elemental works? Are you trying to train/tame your mind in any way? Have you practicing TGS? Are you working on your astral senses? Visualization? Are you practicing banishing/cleansing rituals? Any kind of divination whatsoever?

I know it might sound boring in comparison with evoking a Demon in full manifestation, but magic(k) has steps. You need to keep practicing, even if that means you’ll do only one or two thing every single day till you master them. You need dedication, determination, discipline. You won’t wake up one day and have everything on your feet just because… Set a schedule if you need to, you can’t be a bit here and a bit there…

Also check this, it might help you

3 Likes

Sorry, what rule is that?

I’m a little ADD myself, and I relate to fleeting focus and changing interests. I got a lot further ahead in not just study but all areas of development, crafts, working out etc, when I completely dropped the ‘normie’ standard notions of how to learn. “One thing at a time” just doesn’t work for me. I get bored.

So instead, I think of my path as a circle, or more accurately, a spiral. All your lines of investigation fit on this circle, and you you study a little here, a little there, staying interested but always moving. What you find, is the next time you come back to a topic, you pick up where you left off, and now you’re deeper into the spiral, you learn some more, and you move on and retouch the next subject and learn more over there…

It’s not the fastest way to master one subject, but it’s no slower to learn many subjects than for anyone else that did them one at a time. And it works to keep me interested and moving forward.

I would say, try to prioritise no more than five subjects to get that balance of progress and variety, but if you forgive yourself for leaving that 6th or 12th book untouched for 6 months until you’re interested in it again, it’s not a big deal.

1 Like

@Mulberry I love how your post contradicts mine! That’s the beauty of magick, everyone has their own ways!

My proposition was based on his experience, I really believe he will get lost, as he is already, if he get a bit here and there. But of course at the end its his decision, no one can make him a magician if he doesn’t want it himself :woman_shrugging:

You may place a red rope (or use a “carpet”, for example the Universal Circle) on the ground, around yourself, as magical circle. This is for positive workings but also everything, because red contends with white the place for neutral color. Or, visualize/skip the circle altogether.
With 4 tealights placed in glass jars, you may light the room’s corners in their elemental colors. One of the possible “schemes” is: earth-northwest-green, fire-southeast-orange, water-southwest-cyan, air-northeast-violet.
This setup is mostly for magical rituals; witchcraft spells are simpler, although mainly in Wicca they use circle and call the elements as well.
Other correspondences:
Sun-fire-yellow/gold-Sunday-(and, if I remember well) saffron
Moon-water-white/silver-Monday-camphor
Mercury-air-violet-Wednesday-cloves
Saturn-earth-black-Saturday-poppy, etc.

:joy: … yeah. Might not have to contradict though? If the areas of study are all complimentary… - Energy cultivation/Third Eye/Blue Ray meditation - do another ritual from a Pathworking - TGS/Journey somewhere - Study and Research - read a bit more BALG - then it can all fit together and have a natural-feeling flow.

Ok, I don’t do that, I’m all over the place. I figure doing something is better than nothing, and I’m only going to do it if I feel like it… and if it’s what I did yesterday, I won’t feel like it, or I’ll get stressed, guilt trip myself for not following a schedule, make the order into a block so I cant move on until I’ve done x - which makes me avoid x and self sabotage, and generally stall myself. So I just let it all go and follow the energy. I don’t read books in order either… I’m nothing if not inconsistent. :sweat_smile:

Although… it’s not much different from school where you study multiple subjects in hour blocks, thinking about it.

1 Like

Lol I hear that, it’s such a bitch to push a sched, if I do it wrong it becomes a chore and no longer fun or exciting. Then that self sabotage comes in.

The crazy thing is, I work so much better like this, I usually have 5 books I read at once and I’m always doing at least two things at one time… And it just flows for me.

2 Likes

I really have to get some sleep but before I do, I really like Maulbeere and Alita’s mindset and that’s pretty much what I do already just on a scale that regards my own schedule and interests (like everybody). But regardless, Silent I see what you mean about the practice and if it clears things up I do meditate in my own sparatic way (my mom was both a yoga teacher and massage therapist so I just have the general mindset of “must meditate!” sometimes). I also tend to try to get myself into trance states (nothing specific in mind) often because I just find it fun. Now because I like to remain on both sides of things equally, with a neutral viewpoint it’s hard to fully get into the other fields that aren’t general practice because no matter how much I believe my mind always separates things into two opposite thought patterns meaning I always have some level of subconscious doubt (if that makes sense :slight_smile:) But I don’t think I can say anything else without messing one thing or another up because of how tired I am so I’ll talk to you all tomorrow. Sweet dreams and thx :sleeping::blush:.

p.s. (wow I like using parenthesis and p.s.) The one rule I was mentioning was that I didn’t want to involve religion into it since I personally am not religious just open minded. Plus having magic and religion intertwined just seems to leech the “everyone can do it” fun out of it. :thinking: