I was wondering to ask where to begin

hello i am a complete novice in this matter reading the threads i see that most of all the people here have done some magic already i have not what should i do first ?? should i try first to learn how to keep my mind at ease ? how did you all started maybe your personal tale can help me find a right way to begin

5 Likes

Start with meditation. Once you understand how to do that, then you could move on to do candle magick.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum! There’s a lot of great information available on this site, and you might find these links useful to begin with:

✦ the Member Resources thread, which has a ton of links to newsletter tutorials on things like opening sigils, attaining Theta-Gamma Synch (TGS), and also practical advice on using the forum, posting images and YouTube videos, etc.;

✦ over 4 years’ worth of good topics in the archives, which can be found using the Search function;

If you don’t know anything about magick whatsoever (which is absolutely fine! We were all there once) then we can help you best if you focus on the goal/s you hope to achieve from learning magick - questions about different techniques may not get you closer to your goal!

By all means research these using the Search function, and of course, normal search engines, but it helps members here to help you, if you try to keep things a bit focused and specific.

Magick is about results, and staying focused on those might save you time and feeling overwhelmed, especially when it comes to the different methods used to contact spirits or build personal power. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes i think you should focus on meditation first. Then try candle magic and learn to focus on intent. Magic starts from within

3 Likes

so meditation it is thanks for the answer i will search the forum on instructions on how to do that properly

3 Likes

Where to begin is here …

And here…I made this for beginners who come here and need it.

I’m around if you need help, Cheers!

3 Likes

Worried about your mind getting too distracted and busy? Try this:

2 Likes

For me personally when I started I just jumped right in and tried to evoke king paimon.
I would say this figure out what your goals are, pick a spirit to help you and evoke it with the sigil or enn.
Those first few small successes firstly solidify in your mind that yes this is real and help encourage and motivate you to carry on.

2 Likes

You may adopt parts of the Golden Dawn training: fourfold breathing, study of the Qabalah, LBRP… according to Regardie one could start with (probably in this order) divination and talismans. There is also direct magic.

2 Likes