Resources?

Anyone have some resources for a neophyte? Online is prefered because I don’t have any real money right now, but I won’t turn down a recommedation. I hope to eventually have the money to buy books. So, if you have a must read author or book feel free to mention them. Also, if there are any youtube channels, documentaries, movies, or music that you’d recommened that might further my path I’m all ears. As for what I’m looking for? Anything you wish you had as a neophyte or anything you’d want a neophyte to know if they wanted to adopt a simmilar practice to yours. Being so new, and their being so much out there, I’d like to leave my options open about what I want to focus on until I learn more. Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to help me out even just a little.

1 Like

So to kinda narrow it down is there a specific subject or area of magick you are most interested in?

1 Like

Start tying in words or phrases you’re interested in in the search feature on this site and don’t hesitate to necropost here, people will reply.

3 Likes

Evocation and Invocation I guess. Tho I have a feeling like contacting thing from another plan of existence might not be the best place to start? What do I know tho? Nothing.

Gentle reminder trading or asking for PDFs and copyright material is not permitted on here, I don’t want anyone seeing this to get the wrong impression and accidentally brteak a rule. :+1:

2 Likes

Okay, dive in, annoy people with endless questions. Got it.

Try this:

Good advice on making your questions un-annoying in the topic as well. :+1:

3 Likes

Yes, I’m definitely not asking anyone to rip someone off. If I can’t afford it right now I’ll wait until I can. Sorry if my original post didnt make that clear. I could edit it if it’s a problem.

1 Like

No probs, i was just making it clear for other people really. :+1:

1 Like

(Sorry if my spelling is bad I’m on my phone and can’t properly go through my message with 100% accuracy)
So I would recommend going to E.A’s channel it has a bunch of random videos on a variety of subjects. As for evocation it depends on what you want most books on a subject have a way to evoke them.

So if you have good internet connection there are videos on youtube that walk you through evocation and other spells step by step I can find a few when I get home.
I hope these help. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not the right attitude for this forum already, you’ll do so well at not getting answers to your questions.

I’ve told you how it works here, you’re issue if you can’t handle it not mine or the forums.

2 Likes

No, you really didn’t.
You’re being passive aggressive when a very experienced regular very nicely told you exactly what you should be doing.
Get it now?

1 Like

I wasn’t disagreeing. It was a joke. So, by the definition of passive aggressive which is avoiding confrontation through indirect means I’m not passive aggressive because, I agree with her. I was just making a tongue-in-cheek joke about the fact that some people will be annoyed about questions even if I’m not being annoying with them because some people don’t like being questioned at all.

3 Likes

I would say it’s not so much asking a question but more on how so many new people show up here and do something like this and then double down on it with spite. Not saying you are just kinda explaining why so many people here are a bit frustrated with situations like this. But unlike some of the other people who have done that you are not letting an ego cloud your ability to respond so I tip my hat. There are many people here who don’t mind answering questions myself included tho my knowledge is a bit limited I try to do my best when I can. I don’t speak for everyone here (that should be obvious but I will state it anyway) but this is what I have seen over my time here. I will begin working on collecting a few links that might help you out with the original question. :slight_smile: and as always I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay easy there folks, this is a new-member and beginner-friendly forum, PERIOD - I have explained to Regulars how to avoid seeing beginner questions completely, let’s not become one of those snobby forums where people are afraid to say anything without 4,000 posts and 6 years’ membership behind them. :+1:

@Dislogistics is very reasonably and rationally trying to figure out how to get the most from the time spent here and that’s great, we’re all busy and it’s hard to sort the wheat from the chaff.

My best advice is figure out your desired goals, like, if you found a magic lamp with a friendly helpful genie in, what 3 wishes you would make right away, with the possibility of other wishes to come (so, no need to go straight for massive goals, keep it to the 3 things that would make a massive difference to your life right now, and which you believe, on a gut level, are within your reach).

That way you can get guidance on what methods we have actually used to attain these. :smiley:

3 Likes

Sorry for the late reply but here is a few I found.

https://www.youtube.com/user/EAKoettingOfficial

I know you said you did not have money to spend on books but when you do & these are what I would get if I could turn back time and get myself here it is.

Black Magick 101 book:

Black Magick 101 course:
https://www.becomealivinggod.com/blackmagick/savings

Black Magick Philosophy:

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Then I’ll be the one happy to fully apologize. It really is hard to keep patience when the issues Xicaboddon mention have been a flood on the forum lately. :frowning:

It is really okay though, most members don’t mind questions, new or on older posts, so no worries on that.

It’s okay, I don’t feel we should hide from newer members, it creates an “us” and “them” which just helps people forget they were new once.

I think most members are more frustrated by the demanding individuals or those who can’t be bothered to read a post offered them. I do agree with a member here who always says “if you’re not having fun you’re doing it wrong” but I do know it still takes work.

2 Likes

In that case, Wikipedia is your friend. Especially if you don’t know which ones you want to deal with. Use the category function to find spirits and gods that match the kinds of things you are interested in and then use other sources to find out more about them. Personally, I would say to evoke before you invoke, just to be sure that the personality of the spirit is really someone you want to be dealing with.

For online resources, it really depends on the specific spirit. For instance, I once wanted to deal with a specific Hindu goddess, fortunately the Hindu religious/magical system has a lot of stuff to make that easier, so I was able to find yantras and chants that opened up a pretty direct line.

If something like that isn’t available, then try to find something that heavily reminds you of that being and how it made you feel. Like, if you want Thoth, then what colors, images, sounds, will best help you come in contact with him, or which things around you might be unappealing for him? Here, Pinterest and YouTube will help a lot, as well as free association. This is especially true for beings that don’t have a strong lore associated with their summoning. Like, there’s nothing that remains of dealing directly with Norse gods, so I would have to either figure out a way to contact them on my own, or trust the methods that had been developed by others on that path in recent years.

Some types of things will simply not work well for you, for example I simply find smells too distracting to ever use things like incense. If you run into a limitation then don’t worry too much and find a work around.

1 Like