BALG Bookclub

Yeah, I am noticing the energy with these angels are pretty intense, to the point where an interaction leaves me feeling good for days. That’s part of the reason why my updates have slowed, as I did not feel the need for ritual as often. I may extend mine for three as well.

I think the invocations have kind of served as attunements on my end as well, as they get easier to handle each time.

2 Likes

@HelixArc welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Titan.M Welcome :slight_smile:

Took me all this time to read the whole thread :sweat_smile:

I got the book about a week ago and spent some time going through all the angels and sigils to decide what I was going to focus on first. Not an easy task as there’s soooo many options and so many things to improve in my life. Ended up making a calendar for the next month and a half, but I think I have not been very realistic.

I wanted to work on a lot of things, most of them directed towards a specific outcome but from many different point of views. As always, my impatience played a role and I ended up with a schedule with 3-4 workings per day, and super scattered as I wanted to make all of them at the same time. As I understood, with this workings is more about building the energy vs firing and forgetting about it.

I wrote it in another thread but will quickly explain my experience so far here:

First night, 2 nights ago, I did the “soften reality”, with the idea of following with 2 more workings. I’m incredibly lazy and decided to not do the other 2. What followed was a night with nightmares that I was hardly able to distinguish from reality, with someone telling me exactly what I fear to hear (and related to the main reason of this workings - this was a nightmare, not reality) and waking up the next morning feeling horrible. Horrible. I have had a great continuous inner conversation and an upbeat attitude towards my goal lately, but it all went to hell. Then I realized that I was supposed to do everything in my power to help the angels, and that after doing a ritual to soften reality in which the author recommends to do the magick you want to do very soon before reality hardens up back again, I went to watch a movie instead of doing the magick I was supposed to do.

So, lesson learned. I did the missed rituals the next morning, along with the ones for that day, but as I mentioned before I think I’ll start working like you guys, choosing an angel and focusing on a couple of rituals for 2 weeks at least. That should help to build up the energy, instead of running around like a headless greedy chicken as I was doing.

I would love to report that the bad feeling went away after I did my part, but I would be lying. I still feel pretty much like shit (a ton of anxiety, negativity, bad premonitions regarding how all this story will end, rage…), and basically went back to the story that I have been telling myself about my situation for the last 3 months and that resulted in that story hardening into facts. I feel quite lost and I’m questioning if I should be directing my energy towards that goals. Maybe I would be much better off letting it go (with the help of Uiazel maybe, even if he has been the one who probably has kicked my ass?) and I’m getting this shitty feeling just so that I wake up.

There’s something inside of me that don’t let go and force situations; the fact that every single one of the workings with angels or demons that I have done so far (fairly new here) have worked, despite me not being able to feel/see/hear nothing, doesn’t help. With that I mean, opposing my fleeting thoughts of letting it go, I think sometimes: If I was able to get that, I can push harder and get what I want for good. But is what I want good for me? My obsessive nature and the abusive relationship in my past may be proving that is time to change, and when best than while working with the Angels of Omnipotence… Is hard for me tho, and still have the hope that I can fix this situation with the angels.

2 Likes

By the way, anyone thinking on trying this angels for baneful purposes too? Just curiosity.

Well. I haven’t been regularly participating, but I will comment on one thing. I’ve been applying for a new job, just one, a very specific one, working alongside a friend, who is also internally pushing for me to get hired there.

Before my “informal interview” with my friend’s boss, I used Atuesuel’s Interview Well sigil. It went quite well. After this I followed up with Tabatlu’s Become More Valuable sigil targeted at the boss.

My friend just informed me she went to a national conference with her company and her boss was mentioning my name and pleading my case and telling all the big bosses why they should hire me.

Maybe will follow this up, same “More valuable” sigil, wider target range. :thinking:

7 Likes

Public Announcement

Okay, since we have a wide scope of experience in regards to spirit work, I do want to share these resources for those who may not know how to protect themselves. As I am sure it has been noticed, there have been multiple threads revolving around this group of spirits. Some have been praised, some concerns. This is good as it gives those who are debating to work with them food for thought in order to weigh out choices for themselves. While I have not had negative effects on my end, I cannot dismiss the possiblity nor guarantee that it does not happen. I will say this once:

there is no such thing as being 100% safe when it comes to working with spirits of ANY kind.

There is always risk at play and it is up to the individual to make choices best suited for them. With that said, I will include various threads that can help provide information to know red flags and to protect oneself. I believe in allowing individuals to make their own choices, but I also believe in not allowing people to be thrown to the lions. So, without further delay:

10 Likes

Also, not the only methodbof banishment available burning figured a video demonstration of one of the most popular would be wise. End of Public Announcement

6 Likes

Thank you for the resources @Dralukmun! I personally don’t want to think that this shitty feeling is about the Angels of Omnipotence trying to fuck my life (yet); me working with this book revolved around an idea that, deep down, I knew was not good. Bringing forth that result was about stroking my ego and keeping me “safe” (as in staying in a, if not comfortable, at least well known situation and person). Starting from scratch is sometimes scary, and I was desperately trying to hold to the old life. But it was more about my ego than anything, to be honest. I have big problems with that. The fear of rejection and not being good enough has always been an issue in my life.

So maybe this experience was the angels trying to bring to the surface what I knew but didn’t want to accept, that my pursue was not worth it and that I better work towards something else that will bring me joy and power instead of comfort in the short term and pure misery in the long run. Idk. Not sure if angels behave this way.

Anyway, the acceptance of the situation, even if didn’t bring me joy or totally lifted my mood, brought me a kind of peace. I know that I’ll have to face difficult moments, as I’m giving up on trying to change this specific situation, and I know I’ll get mad many times and maybe even curse with no intention as I’ve done before, but I think to move on is the best for me. I’ve done the LBRP twice and feel a bit better:)

2 Likes

Guess I’ll also post this here since it’s on the subject and relevant lately. Perhaps it can give insight on some things and give an explanation for why some have a negative reaction while others don’t.

https://forum.becomealivinggod.com/t/angels-of-omnipotence-by-jareth-tempest/140739/121?u=dankquanicus

4 Likes

Your mentioning of a point of taking up a state of authority being beneficial with the magic actually chimes in with the theory I am exploring, as approaching with that state is absolutely key if what I am thinking is true.

5 Likes

I agree with basically all of that post it’s aligned with my positive experience as well.

1 Like

@Vikson welcome :slight_smile:

I’m glad to hear it. Although one part of it that does make me wonder is that in the course of the magick, it indicates a slow but powerful (And positive) manifestation but in the end (Or right before the end) there is loss. Although the end of the situation depends on the subject of the magick and on the individual. But, the Sentence (Which is how the querent, or magician in this case, is affected long after the situation has come to an end, or the magick fully manifested in this case) indicates connection. That can very loosely be interpreted that that there is loss and then you connect with the Angels again like that other user said.

But, if that were the case then the Judge would not indicate that the ritual is safe. So it seems to be saying that the magick also works through loss/destruction as the author said. And the after the end result may just indicate some kind of connection, perhaps to people and life. So I am sticking to that.

2 Likes

Possibly. destruction definitely causes creation it’s the concept of the Big Bang Theory and transmutation in general.

1 Like

I like how Damon Brand said it in his ‘Wealth Magick’ (Which also calls on one of the Angels of Omnipotence), that you are not living the life you want to live right now, so there will be change and disruption in getting there with magick.

1 Like

I didnt knew this until i read it here …

Its happening with me right now … i started working with Angels as suggested in the Angels of wrath book and i had already planned couple of rituals
but after working with angels i just dont feel like doing any rituals sometimes i take like a week gap

But when i used to work with Demons i used to do 2-3 rituals per week

2 Likes

I Am dropping out of this book club as of today. @C. Wilson I want to say that I cannot think of anyone better to lead this and everyone here is an incredible hands with you at the helm.

I understand and thank you. I will strive to be worthy of that faith in me.

2 Likes