BALG Bookclub

No worries at all, work at your pace. We all have been working with the spirits or glyphs at our own pace. I am working with each angel for 2-3 weeks as I see fit personally.

2 Likes

Ebuhuel Glyph Working

Today, I decided to only use the ā€œStrengthening Your Physical Bodyā€ glyph. I activated it like a sigil and focused on improving my endurance in particular. The shift of energy was immediate and I noticed a sensation of parts of my body feeling lighter while still maintaining a sense of grounding from a previous working. We will see how it goes tonight as far as physical energy goes.

2 Likes

Observation

So, I did not feel the need to load up on as much caffeine as I normally do to get through the shift. I was able to avoid feeling tired until the last half an hour of my shift. Normally, I feel it around the last hour and a half. Not a huge improvement, but improvement all the same.

2 Likes

Hey @Dralukmun itā€™s nice to know that the good sleep glyph worked for you.

I have chosen Ebuhuel as well for my next workings with the book.

Iā€™m going to approach it the same way as with the Labusi rituals, which I did previously (time flies, itā€™s been a little while since then). This time Iā€™m going to do the path working for Ebuhuel followed by two of the glyph sigils in that section; ā€œincrease sexual intensityā€ and ā€œincrease physical energyā€

Again I will aim for seven days, I may cut that short like I did with Labusi and only do three days or so but I will see how it goes.

Iā€™ve taken my time, as I often do to consider which rituals I want to do next and I find that I am always lower on physical energy than I would like to be.
Recently I have been trying some vitamin supplements to see if they would help, not overly impressed with them so Iā€™m going to try this now.

Iā€™m working on a hunch with ā€œincrease sexual intensityā€.
On considering what that ritual means to me reading between the lines of the description and seeing ā€œsexualā€ as vitality and lust for life and also sexual can be seen as a creative force, therefore, as an experiment I want to see if I can increase my intensity for life in a creative way. Of course though, if the result turns out to be just purely sexual then I probably wonā€™t complain lol.

Without the book at hand, I was convinced the ritual was called ā€˜to have an aura of lustā€™. I obviously read that elsewhere. But a lust for life and vitality is something that has been missing for a long time, hence my skewed reasoning for using ā€œincrease sexual intensityā€

Another reason for my slightly skewed thinking of this ritual is I believe that the results of a chosen ritual can have the (positive) effect of bleeding into other areas of your life than that which first come to mind from the original idea of said ritual.

With my Labusi ā€œopen yourself to prosperityā€ and ā€œgive your business a boostā€ rituals came an interesting event.

I have a close friend that contacted me saying that she knew someone that might require some work done by me and she sent me the phone number to make contact. Now, no work came from that call in the end but the point is that there has been some kind of blockage in my relationship with my friend for quite a while now, which I am interested in somehow curing. Her message came out of the blue, weā€™ve not had much regular contact with each other and was a very nice surprise so I thanked her and told her it was very nice that she thought of me, that she tried and recommended me for this work. I also had a feeling from this that she was trying to show me that not all was broken between us.

After this event, I thought about how without me knowing, she was thinking good thoughts of me, that I was good enough. Kindly thoughts from one friend towards another, when for all I knew she wouldnā€™t have given me a second thought about anything.

That relationship kind of value came, I think as part of the result from my boost to business workings which would usually be unrelated to the personal relationship flavour that I experienced yet, it still correlates.
Business boost/relationship boost,
Business prosperity/relationship prosperity.

My somewhat strained and blocked relationship that I have had with my friend could have meant she had no reason to promote and recommend me but something triggered her to try to get me that work.

I just thought it was worth commenting on how you can have positive intended results and also have that positivity bleed through into other areas of your life further than the original purpose of the ritual.

So I think it could be worth looking a little deeper into the descriptions for these glyphs to see what else they could mean to you.

3 Likes

That is a good thing to note, as things started in a grimoire can mean/be used for many different things. This is something I am actually doing with developing a modern system out of a very old grimoire so I can experiment. Ultimately intention is more important, as your mind tends to shape the magic and manifestations. Let me know how it goes for you.

2 Likes

Yes I will do. In the path working section, the specialty for Ebuhuel is listed as ā€œHealth and growth in natureā€ which gives a wide spread for intention and I wouldnā€™t have automatically assumed that a ritual called ā€œincrease sexual intensityā€ would be in a category of health and growth in nature. At first look, the term ā€œincrease sexual intensityā€ suggests merely the base human desire for sweet naughtiness.

The issue with my friend has been just as much on my mind as anything else so I think the importance of that may have played itā€™s part even though I didnā€™t visually connect that with my purpose of the Labusi rituals, it had deep seated importance to me and to choose a direction for a ritual I had to juggle business or relationship themed rituals.
I decided then on business first but it is interesting how the relationship thing found itā€™s way into the results as well.

It seems that if you have strong intentions in different areas then there is a possibility for a chosen ritual to lend and blend into those other areas;

Well, I think for me is more clear than ever that you really, really have to respect the ā€œworking towards your goalā€ while working with this angelsā€¦

I feel stupid reporting this, because it has been my mistake and now Iā€™m suffering for it. And like the last time, it took me a while to realize what had happened.

I did the ritual to heal a relationship. It was in the past a love relationship, it was not anymore and that was fine, I wanted to heal us and make sure we had a good relationship anyway, as lately it had not been amazing. Not bad, just not as good as I wanted. After doing the ritual I pressed this personā€™s buttons. Funny thing is, I have pressed them before and in much worse way. What I said this time was nothing in comparison with what had happened before.

This time tho, looks like this person has had enough. I have to say heā€™s done some nasty shit to me too, is not that heā€™s all innocent, but for some reason heā€™s so mad at me, so tiredā€¦ he doesnā€™t want to speak or see me, and heā€™s been very cruel, for the first time on purpose.

I realized a couple of days after the incident that I had made the ritual to heal the relationship and acted in the real world as quite the opposite.

I donā€™t know what to do now, how to fix itā€¦ :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

I am sorry you are going through that. Relationships can be complex and tough when magic is not involved. I did not know the details so taking sides would be inappropriate on my end. So, what I can say is that perhaps taking time to weigh things out may be a way to heal and help decide how to proceed. Iā€™ve been in a relationship for about a decade now, and it has not always been peaches and cream. A breather to reevaluate things helps to clear your mind and make decisions best for you.

And yes, it does seem to be a lash back if you work against what you are trying to achieve with these Angels. On a much milder level, I am going through something similiar where I have been working to strengthen my body and decided to drink this morning. While it was very limited, I feel far worse than I did in the past. It is actually making me debate if drinking, even moderately, is even worth it to me.

3 Likes

A note

On my journey to find a source for the Angelā€™s of Omnipotence outside of the text we are working on, I believe I may have found a possible origin for Ebuhuel. Considering how information from older texts were essentially copied and expanded on knes that came before it, I have managed to trace some of the Books of Moses to the Sefer HaRazim. Within the Sefer HaRazim, I came across an angel by the name of EBYHW(V)D, who is part of a group of Angels in a spell to heal someone who has had a stroke. Considering the amount of time between the Sefer HaRazim and the Seventh Book of Moses (about 1,400 years), it is more than possible names have been changed over time. We actually see this with the name Asmodai (aka Asmodeus), who is also in the same text.

I obviously will have to do some more work double checking my transliteration and doing some evocations, but this may provide an answer to that question. This would be the second name very similoar to the Angels of the Omnipotence I have found in this text.

3 Likes

Ebuhuel Glyph

I activated the Strengthen the Physical Body Glyph again. I spent some time thinking of mundane ways to strengthen my body and what behaviors I am willing to cut loose to strengthen my body (diet, harmful habits, enough sleep, etc). I activated the glyph with those thoughts in mind and proceeded to do some stretches to loosen my muscles and get the blood flowing. Feeling better afterwards

2 Likes

Fascinating. Iā€™m still working with Ebuhuel and havenā€™t looked at the others, but Iā€™ve now nearly completed a 33 day working with Azreal that took priority. Iā€™m enjoying making a habit of daily ritual so Iā€™ll go back to trying all the sigils this weekend.

Itā€™s interesting that we have our 2nd, or is it 3rd naysayer about the Angels of Omnipotence that joined the forum just to ā€œwarnā€ about them being sinister. FraterPera. :thinking:

I wonder whatā€™s going on there, coincidence? is it human politics targeting GoM? or some sort of blind that prevents some people from connecting well? or just them being a target for imposters somehow? Seems odd to me. I donā€™t remember it happening for other books, individual entities, but not a whole set of beings. Plus the ā€œTempest is just a bad writerā€ commentā€¦ I thought the writing was fine.

I think Iā€™ll flag that comment, Lady Eva will see patterns I wonā€™t and Iā€™m not sure badmouthing externsl authors is s good look for balg.

3 Likes

So far, I have only used the sigils of Uiazel for inner transformation, nothing for material results yet. I havenā€™t felt anything amiss from the energies in the glyphs though,

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I guess I brought it to myself, in the mundane and with this Angels, as the author warns about it. The first time was a bad feeling, but I was not expecting a full lash back like this one. He deserves worse than what I told him, to be honest, but the reality is that I want to heal this relationship, because I appreciated our friendship and because we work together, so behaving like I did goes against my interests and goals.

Iā€™m kind of looking at it from a positive side, tho. What I mean is, if thereā€™s lash back when we donā€™t keep our part, I guess we can expect for the magick to work really well in case we do?

This has taught me how to work with these book, too. I had one objective in mind, looked at it from many points of view and chose a lot of sigils to be working with during the next month or two. Now, I donā€™t think this is the best approach with the AoO. I think in our day to day we can do a lot of things that go against what we want to achieve, and we wonā€™t be realizing all the time. The more things you want to accomplish at the same time, the more possibilities there are that youā€™ll do something that hurts your objective, even if itā€™s something small.

Iā€™m personally not sure how I feel working with beings that will punish me for mistakes I make. But I guess, if the magick works (and taking into account the backlash when things go bad, I hope it works really well when things are good), is great for big objectives you are working towards, something youā€™re very compromised with and focused on, but that need a bit of a Magickal push. For multiple, varied issues Iā€™ll definitely relied on others. I donā€™t have much experience, but so far with demons it has been really great.

Your feelings after drinking seem to confirm this theoryā€¦ You seem to be experimenting a lot and is very interesting to read your posts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There is still a lot to be figured out with both this book and the workings themselves.

I donā€™t want to throw in the suggestion that all failures are solely the responsibility of the individual. Part of the reason magic can go wrong is that there is a vast amount of variables that can effect the result, both of the individualā€™s actions and outside of the self including the spirits themselves. I think writing it off to either extreme is viewing things too simplistic, as there are often many layers. That being said, the backlash seems to be a reflection of the energy put into it. Using my own example, I do not read the situation as Ebuhuel ā€œpunishingā€ me for not doing my own part to strengthen my body. What I was hit with instead is the build up of energy put into the glyph that go sent back and was magnified by frankly a disappointment in myself. When I readjusted myself and put energy back into it with a new thought process, I felt better and more focused.

I do need to get a better understanding of the spirits themselves, which is what is driving my search for them in the older grimoires, as it may give me a glimpse into their original context and behavior. For example, the other angel I found in the Sefer HaRazim has a very similoar name as Elubatel, who is part of a ritual to ā€œsee the sun at nightā€. This kinda has a suggestion of learning wisdom through delusion/outside perspective, as obviously you cannot see the sun at night, yet the sun is in the sky on the other half of the world at the same time. This could account for some of the feedback of increased anxiety and sense of isolation while working with him if my theory that this group of spirits originally came from the Sefer HaRazim.

This is just something I have observed, there is a lot more work to be done before I have any solid answers.

4 Likes

Yeah, I am pretty much in the same boat overall so far as far as things not feeling amiss glyph wise. It seems to be a good middle ground at controlling aspects of the spiritā€™s energy and combining with your own.

2 Likes

Observation from the Glyph

I noticed that I only had one cup of coffee and did not have an impulse for other stimulants (I usually can drink multiple cups of coffee in a given night to get through a shift). I also found myself volunteering for tasks that required more physical labor than usual (carrying heavy boxes across the factory floor, getting containers of oil, going up and down stairs to a room that is constantly around 110 degrees F to retrieve parts for repairs, etc). The idea of junk food from the vending machines did not even come to mind at lunch. I actually do not feel tired as of yet, so I will likely do some more things at home before bed to strengthen my body.

I think this shows how you approach the glyphs can influence the effects in regards to intention. Prior to last night, I was just focusing on activating the glyph to observe the effects for the sake of learning. This go around, I poured my goals into it. This seems to have influenced my motivation to actually achieve said goals.

3 Likes

I went ahead and read the blogged story.

First of all, none of his complaints about the Angels of Omnipotence are from working the book: he hasnā€™t read it.

The gist of the drama seems to be this dude was one of the working group on /r/occult or something that worked with the book of Moses and made this list of the nine, but ever intended to publish, hence feeling miffed that one of the group took the idea, ran with it under his own steam, added his own upg, and now has a popular book that actually works for peopleā€¦ Cue crywanking and attempts to gatekeep.

Apparently, that we try out the book makes us the ā€œuncommitted rubes on the occult fringesā€. Ok. :woman_shrugging:

The blog almost got interesting, but then tis happened:

Yeah, no. :joy_cat:

TL;DR: Self righteous dick using 100% Solomonic techniques then says he lowered protections to work with them, gets his ass kicked and wonders why.

3 Likes

Yeah, I read that blog as well and have avoided discussing it because of all the heat that has came from it. But, I might as well discuss it as it is obviously something that needs to.

I think this is a case of two different things: a system that did not work for the individual and the lack of protection/middle ground. While there is always a possiblity of clash between a spirit and an individual, the context of how you work with them does matter. For example, if you call a spirit for aid in improving life by destroying as it stands now, it is not going to a smooth ride. It does not mean that ā€œthis spirit is bad because it destroyed my lifeā€. What is really being said is ā€œthis operation was not beneficial as I thought it was going to beā€. There is always a tone that lies beneath every operation that needs to be aligned with what you are trying to manifest. Unfortunately, it is not always clear at face value with older texts, especially with the religious blinds often put in them. That is why taking your time and really think things through is beneficial.

If these spirits are as old as I believe them to be, a form of protection or a middle ground (such as what the glyphs provide) is a must. Even in the Sefer HaRazim there are protections at place (through the form of bindings with god names) to get the spirits in line and focused, as well as getting the magician in the state of absolute authority in the ritual. They were viewed as wild and powerful, needing to be put into focus.

So, I would say that while it is important to remain open to the fact that there are spirits out there are not beneficial for individuals, the operation itself needs to also be examined before jumping to the conclusion of ā€œthis spirit is badā€.

I am still working on this book so I am not at the point of saying whether or not this is the most effective way of doing things. I rather hold off on that until the end of it.

3 Likes

Since the last time that I wrote here, Iā€™ve been doing the sigil ritual for ā€œhealing a relationshipā€, morning and night, and focusing only on that one. I canā€™t do much on real world to help with my objective, as this person hardly speaks with me (only related to work and he avoids calls), but whenever we have to, I do my part (not like I did the past week, blowing everything up).

By the second day of doing the ritual after the last time I posted, I managed to connect perfectly with the feeling of the wish fulfilled. The next day wasā€¦ perfect. The conditions in the real world didnā€™t change, but I could feel everything was in motion. I felt I should do the ritual only at night. Next day I did it at night, and while normally the easy part is to feel ā€œhowever it makes you feel not having what you wantā€, this time it was difficult for me, as I felt I already had what I wanted (again, the circumstances in the outer world are still as bad as before); feeling how I would feel getting what I want was so easyā€¦ During the ritual I felt/heard a word, ā€œblessā€. Idk if Iā€™m crazy, but just knew that it was time to change the ritual to ā€œblessingā€, and so I did it yesterday. May do the ā€œheal the relationshipā€ from time to time if I feel the need.

This person has not called me but has maintained constant contact by the internal platform of our company, telling me ā€œamazing workā€ and ā€œkudoā€, which could be because he wants to start managing properly and trying to separate our personal and private life, but was not really necessary. Will take it as a positive sign.

I think I will get a bit more aggressive on my approach, see if that helps to recover our friendshipā€¦

3 Likes

Yesterday this person continued communicating through the internal platform of the company, making nice comments, being helpful and even throwing a couple of emojis. Taking into account that exactly a week ago he screamed at me the most horrible, cruel things (he, who feels proud of being calm and almost impossible to sway), is quite good. He wrote to me at night (related to work), and again at almost 12 am to my WhatsApp (to let me know something related to work). Yeah, they had just closed something that was related to my job, butā€¦ Idk, I think there was no need to write to me at 12 and to my WhatsApp (Thatā€™s a thing of the past, when we were a coupleā€¦).

So Iā€™ll say Iā€™m quite happy with how this is going. My main objective was to fix the horrible, horrible relationship that Iā€™d managed to get lately. Now we speak with cordiality, but I want to go a bit further Iā€™ll have to admit. I want a good friendship back. So Iā€™ll start with ā€œbecome more valuableā€, ā€œlet your inner light shine outā€ā€¦ and some more sigils, but step by step. I discovered I need to really focus on the workings with this angels, donā€™t want any more backlash.

5 Likes