BALG Bookclub

Welcome to the BALG Bookclub. This is a thread dedicated to a group of individuals working on a book of interest of all members choosing to participate for a length of time agreed by vote. When that time has expired, another book will be selected by voting as well. Participation (and the degree of it) is completely voluntary and the replies here are to share notes of our individual observations and results, as well as encouragement, as we aim to not only learn from the book but use the magic to change our own lives based on our individual needs. Feel free to exchange ideas and observations, but let’s please keep the replies focused on the working, as that is why we are here.

6 Likes

I’ve been waiting for the next group working thread to pop up so I am in. If I don’t have a particular need of a certain ritual then am happy to perform it for others

5 Likes

I am on the fence a bit as far as my participation goes, considering the amount of things going on on my end (but perhaps it is needed). I will think about it a bit more after I finish reading the Kindle sample. But I think i have found the initiation rite that the author mentioned doing but did not include in the book with the ninth angel of omnipotence. I believe i shared the link in the lounge tmw chat. I’ll be happy to repost it here if it is of interest.

7 Likes

I would be down for this. I haven’t put the book into practice yet. I can also message Jareth and ask him to join, he’s one of the Patreon’s I’m subscribed to, however he’s usually very busy so I wouldn’t expect him to hop in to discussions more than a couple times a month.

5 Likes

I’m here just googling the acronym and getting confused…

7 Likes

I’m down for something like this. I think it should be kept to regulars and those who know they’re shit if they ain’t a regular(have someone vouch for them maybe?).

Sounds like fun and I would love to compare notes with others and experiments on which worked better and what didnt in the grimoires we pick.
I think every two days would be a good pace.

3 Likes

I will take a peek at the book when I get off but I might be down for this.

3 Likes

I remember you mentioning this, but would you mind sharing it here as well? :blush:

4 Likes

No problem. This is the only one I could find in my own research, which strikes my curiousity.

https://codexastarte.wordpress.com/2019/01/25/invocation-of-the-angels-of-omnipotence/

8 Likes

Fascinating! Thank you. I’m tempted to do each of their pathworkings now, culminating with the final angel of omnipotence.

5 Likes

Noted

It’s all good either way, I think we’d all like to have you, and as far as participation goes- I’m asking not demanding lol! I just wanted to get a feel for what you guys think guideline wise, do we want to try to work at a set pace and keep things smooth, similar to how book clubs would cover certain chapters every time they meet or what.

I don’t care too much, but figured popular opinion would win, doesn’t mean you couldn’t dip in and out, I know you have your wife, kids and a job so while it would be nice to have a bunch of us that could commit to something regular, if we have a few that can’t get that extreme but most want to, I’d say jump in as you feel you want to.

Cool, it would be interesting if he jumped in even that much, I think at one ritual a day we’d have a semi long term working, so it would be awesome for him to get some feedback and us as well.

Magical Friends with Benefits, is how I’ve seen it used on balg- I didn’t consider how else it could be used since I knew what they meant… OOOPS.

I’m out of likes for da day, so :stuck_out_tongue: sorry all around lol

Noted and interesting idea on the vouching for others. I hadn’t thought about that, I figured we’d either do regulars or all, but I’m open to whatever concepts work for you guys as a whole.

Sounds good ya know where to find me.

Thank you for your service! lol :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Cool beans! I’m interested, in the book and the club.

4 Likes

I’m already set in a 30 day long working with Ebuhuel, I just don’t know when I’m starting.

So, unless that’s an issue, I’m in.

I do remember that Tempest explains that there is a continuity in this rituals and that it should be done over a period of time, is not shoot and forget.

3 Likes

He does, but many of the rituals would be short term goals, not long term ones. You are essentially doing energy work on the down low the way I understand it, you’re directing the energy of the angel towards the goal.

It’s similar to the energy work I do already, only instead of our own energy its the angelic energy so. I believe some things wouldn’t need a schedule and some things would. I personally would probably choose targets that would need one offs, so that I could keep to a ritual per day schedule, but…

I’m sure open to discussion about how to handle all of this. We could do a ritual per week or whatever you guys think in the end- it’s a huge book imop and even we just all pick up the book and do it our own ways, I think it will be interesting.

I don’t see any reason pathworking with one of them would affect your ability to work through the rest of the book at the same time, unless it was somehow conflicting interests.

Yay!

4 Likes

I am in as well. Will be good to round out my current growth with some entity related work. As for the pace i think a group pace would work as we would be able to help each other and give feedback.

1 Like

Honestly I would say one ritual a week would probably work best. Everyone here has other things they are working on and busy lives too. Im definitly in. Ill pick up my book now.

5 Likes

I bought the book and it does look useful for me with all the changes that are coming. I decided that I am in.

4 Likes

Which of the BALG books?

2 Likes

The Angels of Omnipotence shouldn’t be taken lightly anyway. I was in the authors group and on his patron while he started working with them, he had disruption for sure and was out of character a couple times. It’s a marathon not a sprint.

5 Likes

Agreed

5 Likes