BALG Forum Holiday Chat Thread đź’–

If you’re alone today, whether or not surrounded by others, and feeling in need of a little forum cameraderie, come to this topic, post off-topic pictures, jokes, things that make you smile, things that make you wonder (just, please nothing political) and reach out to others who need a friendly word. :sparkling_heart:

We have That Moment When 3 - #2872 by DarkestKnight for chatting, The Cool Memes Thread (No Videos Please) and also, the The Officially Unofficial BALG Help Hotline that has more in-depth stuff and feel free to post there as well, many members will be online throughout the day and checking in. :+1:

Click or tap for some crisis support numbers and helpline information

If you’re having thoughts of hurting yourself, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help, such as a crisis helpline in your country. Please visit this link to find the appropriate number:

International Association for Suicide Prevention - IASP

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call your local emergency number or go to your local hospital emergency room right away. If you are unsure of the right number to call, please visit this link and call the number next to the country where you are located:

List of emergency telephone numbers - Wikipedia

Please seek help from a medical professional if that’s where you’re at right now, your thinking may be overwhelmed by your current situation, so reaching out for help in the offline world is important.

Here are some additional contacts, also for anyone else who finds this topic and is feeling the same way:

US: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)

US LGBTQ Youth (the Trevor Project): 1-866-488-7386

US Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (press 1)

Canada: 1-800-784-2433

International: Befrienders Worldwide http://www.befrienders.org/

Australia: 13-11-14 (lifeline) or 1-800-55-1800 (kids help line for 5-25 yrs old)

UK Samaritans: 116 123 (UK) & 116 123 (ROI) free of charge, or e-mail: [email protected]

Almost every country has a similar crisis line and people who are waiting to hear you out, and help as much as possible.

If that seems too much to handle, consider joining this group that offers non-judgmental peer-support if you think it will be supportive:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SuicideWatch/

This might also help, if you can’t talk to anyone right now, no matter how supportive:

Suicide: Read This First

Also 3 personal methods I have used and many have found helpful, from my older posts:

From “problem” to ACTION

3 minute brain dump

Creating an inner sanctuary

There is a walk-through on beginning to structure wards and other things for psychic self-protection, be it from astral attacks, negative energy, hauntings, or family who are trying to pray you into submission, in this topic:

What's normal? (Creating Wards Walk-Through Tutorial)

Author & psychic self-defence expert Robert Bruce’s core affirmation is elegant and beautiful:

“I am loved and I am worthy.
I am safe and I am free.
I am powerfully protected.
I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.”

Too much like an affirmation you cannot believe right now? Try Afformations, instead:

Afformations: The New Affirmations (How The Law Of Attraction Works)

Here’s a tiger, because all kinds of kitties are ace:

17 Likes

Thanks for this Lady Eva. Christmas can be an interesting time for folk like us.

5 Likes

I just leave this here:

12 Likes

justaquicklick

5 Likes

:heart: doggos! :smiley:

Needs more kitteh:

^ I’ve felt that feel!

Yoga kitteh is skeptical::

Adorabubble! :heart_eyes_cat:

Praise Bael and all His forms:

Back to the pups:

11 Likes

That’s one of the most disturbing glory holes I’ve seen! :joy:

8 Likes

@Warlock don’t lie. You love it :wink:

6 Likes

Damn you @DarkestKnight for seeing right through me! :joy::smiling_imp:

4 Likes

My perceptions know no bounds…but only if I’m not wearing pants!

2 Likes

Like the rest of us then? :laughing:

2 Likes

Down with pants! :joy:

2 Likes

So…Holiday themed horror movies. Yay or Nay?

1 Like

I love Christmassy ghost stories like this! :ghost:

3 Likes
3 Likes

Special Merry Christmas to the ones like me working today

And to everyone else

4 Likes

Posting for truthfulness:

“There are not many persons who know what wonders are opened to them in the stories and visions of their youth; for when as children we learn and dream, we think but half-formed thoughts, and when as men we try to remember, we are dulled and prosaic with the poison of life.

But some of us awake in the night with strange phantasms of enchanted hills and gardens, of fountains that sing in the sun, of golden cliffs overhanging murmuring seas, of plains that stretch down to sleeping cities of bronze and stone, and of shadowy companies of heroes that ride caparisoned white horses along the edges of thick forests; and then we know that we have looked back through the ivory gates into that world of wonder which was ours before we were wise and unhappy.”

― H P Lovecraft

5 Likes

Just got back from my second(ary) job, more work tomorrow…Then a week’s complete vacation, no massages, no acupuncture, no cupping, no talismans, no color maps, no paid services of any kind…And definitely no whiny customers. Merry Yule, and to all a perfectly adequate new year.image

6 Likes

I got a bottle of this last Xmas and even though I hate it, I gushed thanks being polite… It got out I like it and now I have 3 bottles given to me this year :face_vomiting: I need to find a spirit that likes it as an offering.

That has been my Xmas so far

6 Likes

meow
i love cats <3

2 Likes

Happy holidays BALG! :slight_smile: MFW I remember I’m a GOD. :slight_smile:

10 Likes