Strugling to reach a medatative state

is there a ritual i can do to bind a demon to myself to assist me in my path workings i have studied various kinds of paths for the past 11 years and not much that i do not know both in the Physical and spiritual realms but i cant seem to focus or still my mind when i try to meditate. The thoughts in my head gets to loud like shouting and its always bloody and violent.

One thing you can do to practise is find a song you really love, rock or pop or rap or whatever you like, and play that in your mind right from opening note to final chord - most songs are 2 - 3 minutes long, so that’s 2 - 3 mins you’ve proved to yourself you can stay with a thought, with a single stream of mental focus (and less or no internal chatter, because the music & lyrcis will be occupying the internal aural parts of your mind).

Do that once or twice a day, I’m sure other people will have good ideas but I used this one years ago and it really works, and now when I want to still my mind I play a song in there, it gives my mind a segue from normal functioning to still, quiet focus.

3 Likes

focus on tactile sensation, as that helps quiet the mind.
also at times stop thinking in words, let the mind wander just refrain from thinking in legible sounds.

Personally I have found vibrating names and/or seed sounds to be incredibly effective for myself. Half an hour of that and I’m fully relaxed and in another state altogether.

Such known problem for myself, always struggling with my mind. Lets read the answers of others in this forum, and search the internet and ourselves through the world.

Something I’ve just started doing is a 3-minute “mind dump” - set a timer on your watch or phone, get a pad of paper or a document on your computer, and pour EVERY last thought on your mind into it, from the old lady in the silly hat to your worry about the tax bill to “I’m really pissy and resentful of something so-and-so did” and so on…

Drill down, rummage round, and pretend you’re in a competition to make it clear how MUCH is going through your mind, like you score points for the highest number of random, obscure, and repetitive thoughts.

It’s really helping - I can settle down to meditate knowing I’ve shaken loose as much as possible, and I also started leaving a digital recorder on so if a thought really won’t go away and it does have merit (something urgent I’ve forgotten), I can speak a word or two out loud, knowing it won’t get lost - which makes it easier to let that thought go.

A lot of this is based on time-management & productivity guru David Allen’s “Get Things Done” system where he says, don’t carry “To-Do” lists in your head, always write them down, and for me knowing the stuff that comes up won’t be lost if I release it is helping.

Everyone’s brain works differently, so adding this to pile in case anyone’s works like mine. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

May be good tip for someone, but i think in my case would be even worse :smiley: because if i start especially thinking some negative shit like “now i have to think it” my mind could just repeat it over and over again, not limiting it to the 3 mins…

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:6, topic:2803”]Something I’ve just started doing is a 3-minute “mind dump” - set a timer on your watch or phone, get a pad of paper or a document on your computer, and pour EVERY last thought on your mind into it, from the old lady in the silly hat to your worry about the tax bill to “I’m really pissy and resentful of something so-and-so did” and so on…

Drill down, rummage round, and pretend you’re in a competition to make it clear how MUCH is going through your mind, like you score points for the highest number of random, obscure, and repetitive thoughts.

It’s really helping - I can settle down to meditate knowing I’ve shaken loose as much as possible, and I also started leaving a digital recorder on so if a thought really won’t go away and it does have merit (something urgent I’ve forgotten), I can speak a word or two out loud, knowing it won’t get lost - which makes it easier to let that thought go.

A lot of this is based on time-management & productivity guru David Allen’s “Get Things Done” system where he says, don’t carry “To-Do” lists in your head, always write them down, and for me knowing the stuff that comes up won’t be lost if I release it is helping.

Everyone’s brain works differently, so adding this to pile in case anyone’s works like mine. :)[/quote]

In my experience of writing down ‘everything’ and reading it once a week, the mind goes quiet. It takes consistency of action, but it is one way to a quiet mind from the bottom up that does work for me.

By everything I mean the thoughts that repeat. They repeat because there is some change desired. This makes it a great list of targets for workings, or just plain to do’s etc.

1 Like

Narius my list would be too huge :D, even some very small things might annoy my mind + it makes all kind of nonsense from nothing so… But writing down some stuff is a good idea for many people to do.

Kinda depends, if you are depressed and write how you feel and how you would want people to understand you it might help. But also writing some stuff down can make you feel it even more intensively… So it can be tricky thing. Although if you have any friends you can tell stuff, kind of vomit all over their mind - i suggest talking about your worries and issues with them too.

In typical case many would suggest us… Distracted people to go see a psychiatrist or something, but in my opinion its of no help to tell your worries to someone who listens just for the money, doesn’t give you answers (might give medication thought) and ask you to fill endless forms of “how do you feel today”

[quote=“Black Flame, post:9, topic:2803”]Narius my list would be too huge :D, even some very small things might annoy my mind + it makes all kind of nonsense from nothing so… But writing down some stuff is a good idea for many people to do.

Kinda depends, if you are depressed and write how you feel and how you would want people to understand you it might help. But also writing some stuff down can make you feel it even more intensively… So it can be tricky thing. Although if you have any friends you can tell stuff, kind of vomit all over their mind - i suggest talking about your worries and issues with them too.

In typical case many would suggest us… Distracted people to go see a psychiatrist or something, but in my opinion its of no help to tell your worries to someone who listens just for the money, doesn’t give you answers (might give medication thought) and ask you to fill endless forms of “how do you feel today”[/quote]

I see the source of probably half your problems in the statement you just made here.

how you would want people to understand you

Looking outside yourself for tips or guidance on growth and self empowerment I can align with.

Looking for answers to make yourself feel better by controlling what exists in another persons mind and feelings is madness. This means you are giving the power of how you feel to someone else to decide. This creates you as a victim at the mercy of those you look to for support and understanding, and supports many stories about poor me, I have it so bad, no one understands. This is a self created delusion that only perpetuates your own sadness and pain. The more others support you by telling you ‘yes, it’s too bad I’m here for you.’, the longer you can feel comfort in your own weakness.

The reason I say this is because I used to be just like this, until I stopped trying to look for help, and made my life the way I wanted it to be.

Many professionals make their money from those who continue to give their power away, just like this. The reason I like this BALG movement is because it aligns with the truth of self empowerment and getting people out of their BS stories of why their world isn’t great.

The professionals, friends, etc. who give you the tools or reminders to overcome your problems and leave them behind are a different story.

You are powerful and can make your life better!

1 Like

Hmm, by that sentence you comment so long for. I kind of meant "you can think the paper you are writing on that “Other people” or “other you” and make it understand how you feel :smiley: i mean… make you, the other you… the paper? the nothingness and all? I don’t know even myself how to put it - but anyways, you know what i mean if you know.

This would actually mean that you don’t necessarily have to tell anyone else but you and your paper…

The need for acceptance or approval from others is what I’m referring to as a potential problem. It’s necessary for survival and learned as a child, further expanded as we extend our social networks and make friends, etc. But at a certain point it can be a block to individuation and self creation (self deification, becoming a living god, etc.) later.

1 Like

Yeah, i understand what you mean. And my point was that though writing you can get that acceptance from yourself witch matters the most… Because you are the only one who is you, and inside your head feeling how you feel.

Have you tried Emotional Freedom Technique (“tapping”)? The core of that is about acceptance, and I’ve seen it have remarkable effects on some people in minutes - it’s also been really helpful to me in moving on from lifelong depressive thought patterns, especially addressing the ones I wasn’t consciously even aware of.

1 Like

No i haven’t, but even the writing down my thought patterns has helped me in the past,that’s why i suggest it when having any problems… But i will look into that too, i’m not sure is it depression or what i have from time to time… Or more like some kind of confusion with life which has damaged my thought patterns. Well no one knows, maybe it doesn’t matter… It will be fine. Hahah

1 Like

Well, EFT is simple, free, fast to learn and get started - turn down the option of even trying that, and you’re probably more interested in staying stuck - which happens to us all sometimes, but be aware that you are making a CHOICE.

1 Like

Actually… I will look into it right now.

One of my goals for this year is to get an EEG machine, which I want to use to help with meditation.

I got the idea of using an EEG for meditation from meditating in a dream. When I meditate in a dream, there is wind that grows stronger the more “in the zone” I get. If I start to lose it, the wind dies down. That kind of instant feed back was helpful like you wouldn’t believe.

I’d expect an EEG would provide a similar kind of instant feedback to my dreams. I’ve actually spoken to a few people who’ve used it for this purpose and they’ve pretty much confirmed my theory.

There are some DIY plans online to make your own fairly inexpensively.

1 Like

Check out Muse or Neero. Around $200.

1 Like