Kitāb al-Fihrist - Unlocking the aspects of the 71 Jinn (and then some)

Yes, sorry @CyberLord the Archive leaves it up to the readers to figure out copyright limitations. You can cite the book’s name and title and let people know it’s up at Archive but US law prohibits us from sharing it directly here.

As far as I know, there’s no creative commons license on his book. I removed the post.

4 Likes

Totally double posting because this section belongs in here as well:

Overall results while working with the Lataif points:
two energetic serpent-like “streams” did their very best to get all the way up inside of my body. Unfortunately they got tangled into another right in the mid section of my back and stayed like this for a while before subsiding. I could feel the colours of each stream; each of them had a mind of its own, like a separate living being.

The unlocking from Thu’ban continues to shake up some things. Stuff like that is the main reason while I do not wish to rush through every unlocking on a daily basis :thinking:

A-ha!

From my unlocking with Thu’ban:

He mentioned the triangle quite some time after I discovered the section mentioned above.

Now I do wonder if my cannibalistic tendencies while dreaming comes from the inner urge to overcome the separation motif. Devouring, usurping, becoming one, etc.
I want flashy and corny and extra-ish findings, not this piece of lukewarm self realization.

I might start to see where this unlocking in particular is going.

3 Likes

I think I will be “stuck” a bit on the last unlocking with Thu’ban. Which makes me feel a little impatient because I was looking forward to gain more momentum with this particular project but it seems as if he is not quite finished with me, yet.

Ah, blimey.

Ashja’, I have not forgotten about you. (you know that I am in dire need of what your name provides, ha)

2 Likes

Keeping an eye on this thread :thread: I have a close relationship with Amy who herself is an “advanced djinn” in her words. If I got that one correct. You probably know a lot more than me, but if you need any more insight on the Djinn kingdom, she’s an excellent spirit to consult. I find that djinns love offerings of tobacco in all its forms, weed, alcohol, vapes (serious lol), and coffee.

1 Like

I deeply appreciate the offer, thank you :slight_smile:

Todays unlocking session: Ashja’ (اشجع).
Lets take a trip into frontload land; I was kind of prepared to meet with her. I have encountered her briefly before this unlocking as well. Instead of a culturally authentic shape she decided to come to me as a skjaldmær with long red hair, freckles and a sturdy looking norse-ish warrior attire.
“This is not what I’ve expected” is something I am finding myself thinking an awful lot during the last couple of sessions. Apparently I have a hard time to let go of certain expectations and I wonder why it feels especially hard compared to the 72 of the Goetia.

Today she came in a similar shape to me, minus the warrior attire. It was replaced with completely mundane looking jeans and shirt and with big aviator glasses. She welcomed me in a desert setting; instead of mystical buildings and ancient temple sites I could see an endless line of utility poles along a dusty and porous asphalt road. The old and rusty skeleton of a large plane dominated the scenery. When I asked her what exactly came down she simply replied with “arrogance”. (she used the german term “Hochmut” and I will come back to why this could be important, in a bit)

She offered me coffee in a disposable cup. I accepted the cup and trotted alongside her and the asphalt road, not sure about what to say. I figured that she wouldn’t start the conversation anytime soon so I did the most sensible thing: I lost myself in word-vomit about why I think that this whole situation is really awkward and how I would need her help and how I’d understand if she would downright refuse me. (that part is redacted because it is more personal than I am willing to share)

She blatantly stared at me through her big sunglasses, grabbed my shoulder and said “Stop doing that.” In my tense and frenzied monologue I didn’t notice that I’ve crumpled the disposable cup into a lukewarm and dripping mush. Ah. So much for appearing competent and stuff. (I don’t drink coffee, anyway)

I started again, without the personal and embarassing bits. That I am in need of her unlocking, of what her name promises. That I would need it rather soon because otherwise I would not know how to proceed with certain things in the future.

She placed her hand firmly on my right arm and I could feel such sincerity and impartiality that I was almost ashamed about my former concerns. She would help me.
“Don’t let your courage become higher than the task at hand.”
In german we have the word “Mut” for courage and “Hochmut” for arrogance/haughtiness. “Hoch” means high, so its literally “high courage”. When I asked her about the shattered plane remains in the sand, she responded with “Hochmut”, arrogance.

Having the appropriate courage/task ratio seems to look manageable.

3 Likes

Oh. Zuhal is about to come next.

Linking this dream and my reflection about it from another journal in here, there could be a hidden context waiting for the next session.

Since I will meet up with Zuhal tomorrow (how fitting) I did some homework in the background for this. I decided to let all of the saturnian stuff doing its thing instead of resisting it. As I did all my life, ironically enough I’ve always tried to hide in plain sight; as if being a part of these matters would make me somehow invisible.

Tarot spread that I will take into the session with Zuhal, to discuss one or two things.

• What role does this influence play in my life, right now? Two of Wands in reverse
  • How did this influence affected my past? The hanged man - Right in the feels, mate.
  • What about this influence is hidden from me The hermit - Is this some kind of dad joke?
  • How will this influence challenge me if I decide to give in? King of Swords in reverse - It…could be worse.
  • How can I use the full potential of this influence? Seven of Wands in reverse - You did a sneaky on me here, hm?

Despite everything I am looking forward to our little chat.

2 Likes

Todays unlocking session: Zuhal (زحل )

Right before the session I felt tired, out of the blue. So tired that I was afraid to doze off on the spot. So I told Zuhal that I would probably slip away any given second and that I’d like to reschedule our meeting. The offerings, the candles and the incense would be hers to take.

I dozed off into a light slumber, my altar room somehow blended into a modern looking study room with a very organized desk (so its REALLY not mine, ha), two bookshelves, one bed and one couch. I was laying on the couch, the sound of raindrops against the window while somebody typed something on the laptop that was sitting on the desk lulled me into a comfortable nothingness.
The chair in front of the desk was empty; the typing continued and when I sat up to catch a glimpse of the laptops display I’ve noticed a very tall woman flipping through a book in front of one of the shelves.

The woman turned around; she must have been in her early to mid 40s. She had long and curly dark hair, a dark skin tone and eyes like coal. She was wearing a long black Chiton with a matching Himation. No jewellery, no bling. A sense of relief came over me that Zuhal didn’t choose the appearance of an old and naked man with a taste for sharp agricultural equipment and the blood of his descendants.

She put the book back on the shelf and sat down on the bed across the room.
A large glass orb appeared on her lap; it was filled with dark smoke that moved lazily inside. Before continuing with the unlocking I had a very urgent request; I asked her if I could touch her clothes. She let me take the fabric of her Himation into my hand; it felt much more sturdy and heavy and rough than it looked like. I memorized the texture.

The typing on the laptop continued while I started to ask her my questions. I asked her why this influence is still with me; “I won’t let you move to anything else because you belong here.”

If thats the case: what kind of influence over certain aspects do I have, at all?
“Every influence. Look what has happened from your own influence and your own will alone”
Yes, but…why not letting me completely off the hook, then? “Because the organism and the flesh are inseparably intertwined; they are giving life to each other”

Lady, literally everything withers under my care. There is no life giving.
“Thats your part in the course of all natural things”
It sounds convincing but everything probably does when you are locked inside of a nap while having this convo. I ask her about my Hanged Man and Hermit.
“This is no prison. It is your very own domain. Currently it is like you are hiding inside of your own house from yourself.”

She has a point and I know it. But I don’t necessarily like it.
I ask her for the unlocking process; she holds out her arm and I grab it. I notice fine black lines around her wrists. A white energy that is structured like large reptilian scales is creeping from her arm to mine. It engulfs my right arm with a pleasant little buzz before it dissipates. Before I can give her my thanks I wake up in front of my offering table.

2 Likes

Jinn for knowledge and retention in school. Which will you recommend? And recipes for summoning please.
My memory…oooh. can’t talk

@Musty Please make a proper introduction post about yourself here:

Its mandatory and I’ve noticed you haven’t introduced yourself yet :+1:

If you’re seeking a Jinn for knowledge I would recommend Barqan, as the old tradition is describing him as a spirit assigned to the planet Mercury.

You will find plenty of information about the basics of spirit calling and communication on this forum :slight_smile: Click on the magnifying glass on the top right and search for keywords of your interest or start here:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Introduce Yourself To Members Of The Forum 2.0

@Musty Thanks for introducing yourself :slight_smile:

Now to your questions about this:

Since you’ve stated that you’re a beginner I would recommend a very simple yet effective technique. Its a so called petition spell; its a bit like writing a letter of your intent to Barqan, stating what you need. It doesn’t require open senses (which you would need if you want to figure out if -for example- a summoning or evocation or invocation is actually taking place) and it doesn’t require to study and make sense of old hermetic literature :slight_smile:

It doesn’t require fancy tools (which is a nice side effect if you are broke or if you are living with religious family members or if you don’t have access to these things for other reasons) and its a highly valued method of beginners and experienced practicioners alike :slight_smile:

DarkestKnight made a wonderful and comprehensive thread about this technique, you can read in detail what you need, what to do and what to expect :slight_smile:

If you want to surround yourself with things that are corresponding to the energy of Barqan I could recommend things that correspond to the planet of Mercury. Herbs like Anise or Fenugreek or Dill are not only household items but are corresponding to the quality of Mercury :slight_smile: If you like you could use these herbs (or one of them) as an offering to Barqan in addition :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the nice replies @A_Pariah
Is the above invocation for summoning all spirits or confined to barqan? Regards

1 Like

The petition spell is for all spirits or energies that you need help from :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I have checked. And nevertheless,basing on Barqan, you seem knowledgeable @A_Pariah
Mind dropping me invocation lines.
Just want it to go right.
Professional like you might be of great help.
I don’t doubt. Blessings :revolving_hearts:

@A_Pariah Really enjoying and taking inspiration from this log, thanks!

Did I read right that you did the same kind of thing with the Goetia? I can’t find that thread – do you have a link?

1 Like

You’re right, because there is no thread :slight_smile: I have never posted about it and I am still conflicted if I should. Right now I feel more comfortable to keep it off forum and away from Google :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Can’t argue with that!

1 Like

Like clockwork. It does not necessarily scare me anymore because by now I had my share of reversed King of Swords - scenarios and I’ve learned to deal with them.

After the unlocking with Zuhal I had recurring dreams about being abducted as a child. I remember these dreams, they have been really persistent when I was a kid (partly because there was one incident when someone actually tried to lure me into their car).

This time I was able to “grow out” of my abductors confinements and crush his face into a wall. Surprise.

I think that this plays into the “You still have control over everything after giving in” part, that she mentioned:

And now I believe her.

3 Likes