Comments from long-standing “seasoned” members?

I wonder if you could save me the time and energy focused here (maybe not.) Any tips or warnings about engaging in here? …topics to introduce and who to engage, etc? I understand trial and error I’m just looking for advice from members who are long-standing please and thank you!

3 Likes

What do you mean by “who to engage?”

Well I’d say do your homework before posting, necroposting is encouraged and duplicate posts are discouraged.
If someone took the time to write out a thoughtful post, they’re not going to repeat themselves so use the search feature and then feel free to ask questions.

People are nice here however it may not seem so if the wall if flooded with the same questions over and over.

9 Likes

Great reply, I appreciate it! I’m more into sharing experience than asking for help. A lot of that seems to be offered already as you mentioned. Thank you. :pray:t3:

1 Like

I’m learning quickly who to invest time in conversation with.

1 Like

Well, then you should fit in here most comfortably.
Those “seasoned members”, you’ve asked for advice mostly share that viewpoint.
Most of us come here to share personal results and answer questions for others,
so having a desire to write more then you request is definately a good starting point.

In fact, the very question - where to gain specific information - is there something to be cautious about,
comes clearly from a good personal viewpoint.

So i’ll try to answer you there aswell, a little bit.

some Names will just pop up in countless threads,
and when you look at what they contribute, you’ll get a good picture about their motivations yourself.

What really doesn’t go well with this forum is:
Politics (used to be a very hyped theme, but those topics derailed to heavily.) There’s actually a forum law against politics related topics to be opened.

Religious Dogma - While not being a clear rule, as that’d be difficult with so many different magicians reseurching along different pathways, it’s generally understood that no one likes to be answered to - for example:
I’ve successfully evoked Mephisto,
and here’s what he told / did for me.
with those lightworker aditudes of:
Oh but that’s “Evil”, and you risk loosing your soul,
and karma is going to get you,
and you should repent from all your sins,
so yahweh (we call him troll god.) may redeem you and allow you back into his divine presence.

The general understanding that is shared by most is that of inner / personal Divinity.
Magick wouldn’t work, if we were just asking for things to be done by some supreme universal god,
whom basically never answers and obviously doesn’t give a sh*t about good parts of his creation.

i think there’s some good sources to understand that paradigm worked out already:
-Timothy’s Black Magick Manifesto
-Kurtis Joseph Black Magick of Ahriman
-E.A.'s well… not sure what piece is most clear on the subject there,
but reading the book of Azazel is quite clear about Damnation and going through that.

That also answers a little bit of “who to Engage” - all these people are actually working for Become a Living God, and sharing the effort to help explain, reseurch and distribute the fields subject.

To call another member into your topic, you can “summon” them using [@username.].

Forum Rules:

Introduction Thread - not just for getting yourself known to the others,
but also for having a look at whom you’re talking to when you’re unsure how much you want to trust a member you don’t know yet:

Beginner’s Content:

https://forum.becomealivinggod.com/t/good-books-recommendations/6778/11?u=yberioth
https://forum.becomealivinggod.com/t/good-books-recommendations/6778?u=yberioth

evoke only what you can banish - a good tip for starters. Lesser banashing ritual of the pentagram (short: LBRP), is basically this:

And while this is a nice and quick guide from a practicioner,
here’s an extended guide from Ordo Templi Orientis - (i know, i just butchered that!! xD) - O.T.O.

Sincerely,

¥’Berion

5 Likes

Incredible! Thank you for all the resources, examples, etc.! I feel more well adjusted here, already. That was really above and beyond helpful, thank you so much. I’ll take into account what you said about a members stats (think that was mentioned) to see if I want to “go down that road” with someone. One of the main attractions to this site was the diversity in beliefs and practices and witnessing people do their work. In my career I get a lot of people I do divination for who don’t want to do the work for themselves, and while it is what it is, I get compensation. Sharing experience is certainly not a waste of my energy with discernment here and I continue to look forward to this forum. Again, much respect.

3 Likes

I would add, watch out for the armchair ‘magicians’ that only regurgitate the books they read, sometimes quite haughtily, but while not really having the hands-on experience to understand the material or even if/how it’s relevant to the post.

There’s a feature in the user notification settings that lets you mute posters you don’t care about getting alerts about. It’s improved my experience, anyway.

4 Likes

Oh you’ll definately enjoy this areal:

Divination.

That’s right, we got a whole section on readings and gaining divine knowledge.
Both, scrying Past and Future, can be found and contributed there.

Sin,

¥’B

@Maulbeere
well, that’s true, but i’m suprised to see it coming up.

Yes, you can mute member’s you don’t like.

Now if you don’t like someone,
you avoid him, instead of interupting his work.

:wink:

If you really consider me “Armchair Magician”,
i just offer you to open the Sigil which is my current profile picture.
See for yourself.

Sin,

¥’B

2 Likes

Very good thanks!
Armchair anybody can take a seat! I can usually smell that within a second, lol. :pray:t3:

3 Likes

Or stay seated as they are, that was redundant. :joy:

2 Likes

Not to worry @Yberion, you’re not on my “larper’s list” lol.

It’s a different thing to say “here’s a resource I think you’d find helpful”.

3 Likes

alright, i felt worried becouse we had misunderstandings in the past.

a few weeks ago i wanted to apologize to you,
but found you’d blocked me from messaging you.

So that made me assume you worried about me trying to mislead someone.

Thank you for giving me the heads up,
and i hope i can avoid being an asshole - i guess - to you from now on.

I’m sorry for treating you badly.

Sincerely,

¥’Berion

1 Like

takes a seat in her armchair

3 Likes

Right?! :joy:

Oh ok.

Yeah, the best way is trial and error, because who is worth your time, is a perception you create aka that’s your opinion. But you’ve already stated that.

I, personally, would surround yourself with the sources and people that are the most helpful to you. After all of it’s not helping you why keep it? But again, people here have given great suggestions.

On the subject of books, they’re not bad but your experiences are important too.

3 Likes

I turned off all messaging for a little bit. It seemed you wanted to persuade me to a point of view you had and I just don’t take well to debate. We made our points, we have different opinions and that’s fine by me, 'nuff said.

I’m sorry for treating you badly.

Well, thank you, you don’t have to be. No hard feelings. It’s not like I can’t be thoroughly obnoxious when I want to be and I probably was - sorry about that too. I hopefully blocked before I got really bad, which is half my reason for doing so. :smiley:

2 Likes

alright, thank you very much.

:smile: