What to do what to do

Hello! I am somewhat new to BALG. I mean, I’ve been stalking the forums for a few years now but I finally decided to make an account because, in all honesty, I’m so lost.

So here’s some background information. I am 18, I’ve been researching magic and western esoterism for years now, ever since I was 14-15. I feel like I know a lot, but also nothing at the same time. I’ve usually taken the more ‘scholarly’ approach to magic. i.e. I read and read and read but never really do. To be fair, I HAVE dabbled in spellwork and energy work when I was younger and had mixed results. Every once in a while I come on here and see crazy success stories and the fire in me just grows more and more. It’s like my soul is crying out “When are you going to unleash your inner wizard you fool!” I really can’t take it anymore. I lust and yearn to develop my skills to better myself spiritually and physically but I just have no clue where to begin.

Also, a pretty important note to mention, I’m in a college dorm with a roommate thus I have NO safe space to really work.

So if anybody could give me general guidance on where to begin? And eventually, I want to get into evocations and working with spirits so any help regarding that would be nice.

Thank you, and hello!
-N

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

As this is also your intro I added that to your title. Three years isn’t that long and it’s a massive field: it will come. :slight_smile:

That kind of gets worse as the more you know the more you realise how much more there is to know. We get used to it. :smiley:

Step 1: Get underway a daily practice tp develop your psychic and energy working skills
Step 2: Learn about spiritual hygiene, how t banish and keep you and your space clean … this work attracts interest in the astral and you need to be able to hold your own and not get distracted
Step 3: After those are down then pick up one book and work though it.

We have a bunch of tutorial collections for all these here:

1 Like

Just recently some ideas occurred me about Evocation, actually they’re more like processed things which I’ve heard and read. It’s possible to ask oneself “if the entity appears, how would it look?”; “if it talks, what would the voice sound like and what would it say?”
Since imagination is important in magick, all of this would not be unnreal; that may be practiced either right away, or if a summoning seems to not work.
You could start with divination, through Tarot or runes, or also by scrying. How you look at a scrying device is the same way you look at incense’s smoke to see spirits, likewise you’d be in an altered state from where you communicate with entities, travel outside from your body and Divination itself improve clairvoyance which also is an important skill for these.
A possible basis for doing evocations is formed of the principles explained by E. A. Koetting: reasearch and familiarize yourself with a spirit and/or a system (e. g. the Goetia), enter a trance, make contact for example by gazing at the sigil, repeat a calling, state your request, give the license to depart and finally ground yourself, forgetting about both the ritual and your goal.