Trust the Universe?

I was pretty heavily into the law of attraction for a few years, and while studying that I was inundated with messages to just “trust the Universe” and everything would work out.

This seems now to me to be a very right-hand path approach: just let the Universe take care of things, just let go of any personal will, etc.

I actually found over time that I had to assert my own will to get anything done. That’s how I had the greatest success.

Any thoughts on this new-age idea of “trust the Universe”?

8 Likes

If everybody was ascended and working together in balance it would be fine, but they’re not.
Being like a cork bobbing in everybody else’s ocean is a great way to get used and abused, sidelined and generally waste your life, imo.

12 Likes

In my experience when people say things like “trust the universe” or " trust the spirits," they are referring to after you perform magick, or LoA, or what-have-you. Do the magick, give it your full focus, attention, and willpower, and then let go and trust that the magick is working.

Should you just blithely trust that everything’s gonna be alright? Probably not. Should you take control of the chaos, and use magick to create the life you want, rather than be held victim to people and circumstances? That’s what I prefer to do, at least.

Enact your Will upon reality, then trust the magick. Grasp it tightly, and magick chokes. Release it, let it flow freely into the world, and it shall unfold magnificently.

18 Likes

Beautifully put!

3 Likes

FUCK THE UNIVERSE

I waited for so long and trusted lies and bullshit. Never again.

6 Likes

It is not a right hand approach at all but very left hand however it is the setting it is presented in that is misleading. Let us say you wish to influence an event to a certain outcome directly. Let’s say you wish you to bring wealth to you through a specific avenue and you do a spell focusing on that avenue but then you also focus on how it will come through that avenue and how that got set up in the first place and so on and by the end you have broken it down and micromanaged it into such a clusterfuck that when it happens you loose your job and get hit by a bus because variable outside your expected course interfered with what you had planned out and arranged. Now lets say you do the same ritual for a specific avenue but you then accept that your unconscious mind has a much deeper connection to the universal field of energy and what you might call fate and thus knowledge of events and what needs done and you focus on the end goal and the initial path it comes from through your work. You subconscious is then free to work on the information it is privy too and arrange events to be successful.
In short it means don’t micromanage anymore than absolutely necessary but trust your connection to the universe likely based on old hermetic thought that you are connected to everything and the universe itself as an extension of it. It is just the setting and interpretation of the thought that might vary. In the end you are trusting your own power and personal universe and connection. When dealing with spirits you are trusting that they are smart enough to know what to do without you looking over their shoulder constantly.

6 Likes

You ask and it is given… but that comes with the assumption you’ll get off the topic of what isn’t wanted and focus on appreciating what is already going right. It assumes you’ll relax and trust the thing you want will come in its own way, in its own time. Too many people strangle or even halt the manifestation of what they want because of their continued attention to what is happening that isn’t wanted. Appreciation, and keeping off the topic of what isn’t wanted, are key.

Abraham Hicks has awesome guidance about the LoA, and I’ve found them to be spot on - but I found it took me a long time to unlearn old habits and remember who I am and my power, and how to work in harmony with the universal laws.

(They do speak in general terms about it, and they are repetitive for a reason. But they’re talking to people who don’t use magick. However, as I use magick, I’ve found a way to combine their teachings with ritual work.)

3 Likes

You got some great replies on this, I have observed that a lot of people try to blend LoA (which is a very active path of identifying as the creator of your own reality) with passive misunderstandings of eastern concepts like karma, in which everything that happens is somehow necessary, righteous, and just, and must be allowed.

Used to drive me bloody nuts on white-light forums back when I was into all that. :rage:

“Everything is as it should be, just think happy thoughts, when you see things you don’t like, roll over and be passive because” (my personal favourite) “every time you point a finger, there are three more pointing back at you”… etc. :face_vomiting:

I heard enough of that to last me a lifetime.

“And that, your honour, was when the young Eva decided to stop pointing fingers, and find ways to swing fists instead” (magickally speaking of course :innocent: ).

9 Likes

What you found was fearful misunderstanding. The idea isn’t to think happy thoughts whilst you’re observing the unwanted because, that’s impossible. So the idea is to ignore the unwanted, and focus on what’s going well, and on things or people, or situations that bring you enjoyment, fun, love, etc. Sounds a bit woo-woo but it works ime.

So how to combine that with magick? Do the magick, vent/surrender your desire, come away feeling better. Keep your thoughts off the topic of the unwanted, and don’t talk about it. :wink:

3 Likes

Well, it’s similar to Wu-Wei.
Which is to not interfere, to swim with the natrual flow of things,
basically a little bit like becoming a natrual part of the enviorment.

To some, that’s really furfilling, and they get good with it.
And, it doesn’t mean you can’t do anything,
it means to seek a path with the least amount of friction and resistment possible.

However, for a rebelious mentality, this system simply doesn’t work.
Someone who needs to act on his own,
and feels something is wrong when just laying back and letting things happen,
will have tremendous issues with “just trusting into things going well”.

It also haves to do with your sense of balance and fear response systems,
in your body a little bit.

With children you can see it very clearly, when they have a craving for movement,
in order to gain focus and be able to concentrate on a topic,
or when they’re tunnel-vision mode,
and simply can’t process what’s going on in periphery vision.

With Wu-Wei practicioners, they actually train that broad perspective vision,
in order to be able to maintain the state of being zoomed out longer,
and with less effort.

Your practice, still helped you getting more insight into your actual desires and needs,
and therefore the best approach for you, will be to see it as a preperation phase,
to working more actively, with what you’ve learned.

But to be honest, we magicians, especially LHP,
rather have an mindset of “commanding the Universe to act / respond in specific ways.”
Or to “command something into existence, which previously didn’t exist.”

Just try out the tripple word of creation - OhmAumZui, for yourself.

You’ll notice quickly what i’m talking about.
And with time, how that differs from what you’ve learned originally through the secret.

I’m aware of what they teach,
i just think they don’t do it in a good way,
and they leave away a LOT of what actually makes these things work.

But maybe you can help me gain some clarification, towards that end.

Sincerely,

¥’Berion

5 Likes

Exactly!

3 Likes

Ok, first of all this – ‘’ But that was RHP and this is LHP which is cool but LHP is something which even after 8 years of this forum for some reason cannot be properly defined here. But still it is cool cuz it has demons in it. But demons are the good guy and angels are the bad guys. Though it goes completely against the basic concept of polarity but it doesn’t matter to be cuz I am gender fluid so for me everything is subjective and I can interpret everything subjectively stuff. ‘’

Now About Trust and surrender, a complete path by itself. There are many spiritual paths. Evocation and Invocation is One and Complete by itself as everything that can be gotten by other path can be gotten from this one also.

Like this there is the path of Concentration, Path of Awareness, Path which is based on energy work and all of this are complete in their entirety.

About Trust and surrender a path indeed associated with RHP and devotional path. Very feminine in nature . But Everything can be gotten by it and what is practiced now a days as trust and surrender is not even 0.01% of what it can actually provide.

Trust and surrender works on utilizing a concept called chitta- Cosmic intelligence, the intelligence which is governing every cell in your body, making the flower bloom on the right season etc. Try doing your all physical activity consciously, U WILL GOT NUTS. With in rhp it is completely opposite to the Path of awareness/consciousness. Taught in classical Buddhism

If you can surrender continuously and create a habit of it, after few months U will see that everything is falling as almost perfectly. The bus came the moment you reached bus stop. You got the right sit with the perfect view etc. Everything will start to cooperate - work for you.

If you continue the path it will take you to places YOU CANNOT EVEN IMAGINE, LITERALLY.

Most of the magick where one uses imagination at some point in future and sees it manifest later is also using this very intelligence-chitta. But its Rajasic use of the intelligence, the surrender-trust is sattvic approch.

Anyway, I don’t generally discuss much eastern stuff here as I got the clear message that unless you have some demonic cum stuck on you face, you or your tradition isn’t much welcomed here.

But still, don’t write off something without even doing some research or even trying to understand it first.

2 Likes

You’re sassy today! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ahem: "Left-Hand Path," "Right-Hand Path," And Definitions

Some of us try, and Stephen Flowers especially did the heavy lifting on that very subject with his book Lords Of The Left-Hand Path.

To be fair, calling one thing good and its opposite bad is an almost dictionary-perfect definition of polarity. :thinking:

In fact, one argument against the conept of demons and angels is that all things are on a continuum and that such radical polarity doesn’t exist. The classic newage “Duality bad, unity good, all things are One and all is as it should be” thing.

While I have different reasons for not seeing demons and angels as at eternal war or even opposition, I mention this because it’s the most common newage reason for avoiding demonic evocation. :+1:

Yup. Notice that the colours of this site’s branding match the 3 gunas? I don’t know how deliberate that was, but it’s interesting.

Tamasic use IMO is worship of dead cults and utter submission of that same co-creative Divine within to external parasitic entities and ideologies. but that’s another topic and already covered plenty on here.

Damn right, be up for some Belial bukkake or you ain’t getting a table in this establishment, mister! :stuck_out_tongue:

(Only to spoil it by mentioning, I joined having NOT done any work with “demons” and several years in, have not found I needed to dilute or relinquish my core concepts and methods, simply add in a few more invisible chums and some darker powers from “beyond the clockwork mechanism” so to speak. But that’s a magnificent rant you have here. :+1: )

3 Likes

Oh, so you dissed your own argument on the very next line. Classic.
So now even the law of polarity doesn’t exist. Now even the 7 seven hermetic principle are bullshit as it suits your line of argument in this thread. RETARDATION EVERYWHERE.

And even if exists then the demons are the good guy and angels are the bad. WHich completely goes against the core concept of the whole angelic-demonic tradition. But doesn’t matter, I was given some red dick so they are the good ones to me. And Fuck objectivity. !

yea, just cuz some spirit said something to me, it’s true. AND SPIRITS DON’t LIE, FOR SURE !!!

REALLY ??? Just politely ask, will happily leave.

That;s the problem. FOr some reason It is always About christian or anti-christian. Even 14 year olds on reddit who just got introduced to Sam Harris and Hitchens’s work isn’t this autistic and glitches this much. JMO

Made the previous post about How the concept of Trust-surrender works as spiritual tool. But for some reason Over sensitive itches always take prevalence.

2 Likes

You’re missing the point that I was criticising, even mocking, that newage “all things are one duality is bad” bullshit. :thinking:

I post the Kybalion on here 1 - 2 times a week, hardly the action of someone who regards hermetic principles as useless, especially since every few times it will generate PMs or e-mails to me asking for exposition on the material in it.

Which I happily do of my free time and because i think those principles are very important and useful in understanding causlity and the Divine Paradox, which I quoted per the Kybalion right in another topic, just a few hours ago.

Erm, dude the straw man you address here cannot be me, right?

You do KNOW I did this? The Angel Of Lost Things - Sigil & Information

I can’t convey how brain-wiped that energy leaves me but I can tell you it’s far more debilitating than anything demonic, and some of those are no picnic.

I witnessed Belial and Raphael communicating with each other in a more civilised manner than you’re talking to me right now. :kiss:

I also was advised BY Raphael to call on Marbas for a thing because it was more in his line. Marbas is considered a demon.

It was a joke. :crying_cat_face:

I thought you’d get it since we have had many civilised conversations before, and afaik Timothy hasn’t posted a new thread called “[Penis Treaty] No More Ducking the Demonic Dicking”… or something.

Not for me, I am usually on the side of “why obsess about this desert cult so much when there are worlds of wonder out there?” - very much including Hindu metaphysics for which I have the utmost respect, not as hollow words but actual years of dedicated commitment.

You want to talk demons in Hinduism? What about Shiva’s demonic son who stripped the flesh from his own bones in an act of asceticism?

2 Likes

Trusting the universe doesn’t mean rolling over and taking everything up the butt like most people like to do.

Nor does it mean to forget how to think and instead throw responsibility to some other being to control your life.

The best way to grow is to work with infinity instead of against it, because if you decide to work against it you’ll get your ass kicked by infinities immune system.

Ever watch the episode of rick and morty with the microverse battery? “One of two things would happen, either I would have to toss a broken battery, or the battery wouldn’t be broken anymore”.

Just so happens that if the battery isn’t broken, you can pretty much choose to do whatever else you want too.

2 Likes

This flow and be thinking happy sounds a little Christ like in a way. Just let God and happy carebear angels take care of you and it’ll be pink fluffy clouds with rainbow brute and my little ponies forever. And in some ways there are those who believe the “demons” or whatever gods will do similar.

Ok, just live and let live. Sounds like bloody surrender. How god awful boring. I’d rather fight eternally esp when you know 1 down and an infinite amount rise up stronger than before. Can’t be bored there.
Mans this LHP VS RHP sounds so close to liberal/conservative and Democrat/Republican in comparisons.

(Mocking)
“Surrender, flow, let the shepherd take care of you. Weeeeeeeeee a safe water slide.”

Jump into the rocky rapids as boulders come at you knocking you off that waterfall cliff into the swirling whirlpool of death. Kick the crap out of idiot gibberish souls in a sea of flame as leviathan beasts smash at you… bitchslap that archangel and punch a dragon in the face. Spit in gods eye and say BRING IT BITCH! Let’s play annihilation. If you are aware now… it’s doubful you can be destroyed so challenge them all.

3 Likes

I know, A billion people will disagree with me, literally but Shiva and Varuna are forces which causes suffering on everyday life. The version where shiva The destroyer destroy the universe is for those with below 60 I.Q . In come place an athlete’s dream gets destroyed cuz he broke his back in an accident. A child’s innocence get’s destroyed Cuz he is raped at 9. A simple man’s life gets destroyed cuz he is constantly bullied in office and finds out he has cancer and thus commits suicide. The act of destruction is happening every moment.

Now why is shiva though malevolent is still God and other malevolent entities are anti-god? Not going into details but He is still God and to the individual devotee benevolent.

I have no problem with Malice- Dark art. Just spreading half-cooked information isn’t good. That’s all. And giving some basic respect to the other camp. RHP should common sense behavior. My Yellow Power Ranger is Stronger and better than Green Power Ranger is Childish stuff.

Common, it was never about you. I just talk like this, Never got any proper Education on Behavior. AND U know I love U. The only person I Liked this much was in college, Wrote a poem for her but could never give it her. IT wasn’t that good like the last one. :smirk:

2 Likes

Very basic Satanic Principles of Destruction, Creation and other forces in black magick. The problem is people keep worshipping knowledge and turning it into all these entities.

2 Likes

Heres a question to ask yourself. Are you “burning” for yourself or for the random chaos soup of the populace? I prefer to chill out and lean back and watch; to only get heated when it is for something I highly favor.

1 Like