Thoughts on Lamashtu

One of the most feared beings of ancient times, the daughter of a sky God, Lamashtu was/is a demonic goddess who preys on mothers and children.

What’s everyone’s opinion on her? Do you believe she’s an aspect/mask of Lilith or a separate demon? If anyone’s ever worked or communicated with her, I’d love for you to share about your experience.

1 Like

It’s possible. From what era is she (Sumerian, Mesopotamian, etc)?

Featured in both I think

i feel that she may be compassionate.
Even the Wolf Mother of Monsters can
Have a soft side.

1 Like

“Lamaštu’s numerous, but rarely discussed, positive attributes bring her into focus. She is a victorious goddess, who listens to prayers, haunts both swamps and the mountain forests she loves, banishes lethal spirits, helps with the birth of wild animals and adopts stray piglets and puppies. She is a sacred woman, a priestess and a midwife to her brothers, the gods.”

From a review of the book The Seven Names of Lamashtu

6 Likes

I believe they are connected mainly due to a new discovery in mestpotamian research but the name dimme aka the sumerian spelling of lamashtu has been found to link with lilitu.

2 Likes

Yeah I feel like they are definitely linked somehow

Ah i didn’t know about any of this

Was only using her wiki page for research and there’s absolutely nothing good on there :skull:

1 Like

@frosti Wiki pages are for quick introductions. Better off digging into occult, academic and historical books for better info.

1 Like

My only exposure to her, outside of the mythology, was in the game Pathfinder.

But no, no experience to speak of.

1 Like

Yeah i just bookmarked this site after a friend recommended it

1 Like

I called to her in the past as to help me with protection but also to help a cat that was a stray but not dangerous. The neighbors and the owner of where I live wanted her to be caught. Well if she did she would be put down as she is to old to be “educated”. So I called to her and felt her.

Her presence was very interesting as it was protecting yet I could see how some would not be comfortable with her. I feel she easily could be either or a protective mother or a destructive force. Similar to Sekhmet.

So after I told her the cat never got caught and as far as I know everyone just gave up lol. I don’t know to much of her besides my experience I had with her. I definitely feel there is more to her though. A very interesting goddess :thinking:

1 Like
1 Like