The best witchcraft supplements [book recommendations]

Hello dear and beloved BALG Community.

Itsa me your well-not-maybe known Serpent boy man think. :raising_hand_man:t2:

I am really curious as of recently into herbal magic and oils and of such and i want to use them into my magic in general.

And before i delve head to foot deep into it.

I wanted your suggestions where it would be good to start or books that are really just expert/masterfull in this type of think and practices.

With friendly regards

Your

Serpentine think~đź–¤

1 Like

I like Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs. It’s a good place to start as well as a reference work for experienced herbalists.

Scott Cunningham also has another book on oils and incenses, and a couple more on wicca.

3 Likes

Ok thanks i will look into it :blush:

1 Like

Ditto to Cunningham!
I’m still learning but have a few sources I use a lot, including the Cunningham book.
I also like A Master Grimoire of Oils, Herbs, and Incenses by Pat Kirven Sawyer and witchipedia.com
I’m also reading this currently- Herbal Magic Correspondences Guide by Briana Blair and working on integrating it into my plant info spreadsheet here which I hope can also be helpful (it is based on Cunningham’s and Sawyer’s books). I update it whenever I can

2 Likes

One of my favorite books is Amazon.com.

There is another Iv been reading on scribed called
Magical Folkhealing: Herbs, Oils, and Recipes for Health, Healing, and Magic

Another I personally liked is The Herbal Alchemist’s Handbook: A Complete Guide to Magickal Herbs and How to Use Them (Weiser Classics Series)

Also if you can’t buy anything at this time or want another source I use Scribd which is a online reading page with different books to read.

2 Likes

Nice! You know what, I’m going to add this thread to the Book Recommendations collection. I updated the title for search purposes. :smiley: :+1:

2 Likes

Culpeper Complete Herbal Is good

3 Likes

Consider two Tarl Warwick books, Fruits of Eden and Folk Medicine: A Collection. The best books on gardening will be about your local area, or you can do some container gardening wherever you are.

4 Likes

Oh wow! :smile:

I really apreciate all of you who contributed to this.(And whoms who will contribute more in the future)

Thank you from my earnest Heart!

This will bring me a bit closer to a more in depth powerfull magical practice and its overal growth.

ᛚNAGA :snake: BLESSᛋ Y’all! :love_you_gesture:t2:

1 Like

Oh and if you want modern day cunning man stuff that you can use every day, as in materia medica, search “Dave Canterbury materia media” on youtube, he has a playlist that shows you how to identify and forage for these medical and edible plants in the US. This is from a self reliance or survivalist perspective.

If you go in the other direction for “Poison Path” type stuff, then books like " Veneficium: Magic, Witchcraft and the Poison Path" are really good.

And to round it out, “The Encyclopedia of Psychoactive Plants: Ethnopharmacology and Its Applications” is an excellent reference.

Finally, our very own BALG has published the “Herbarium Diabolicum” which has a bit of both these, focusing on a few psychoactive plants from an LHP persepctive.

2 Likes