Something I wish Wiccans would realize

Interesting! I’ve always felt that wiccans might end up limiting there powers because of there religion and compared to the LHP.

4 Likes

I feel as if people from both sides may be limited by either Wicca or LHP. It’s a matter of whether or not they allow themselves to be limited because they choose to believe this is what they must do to follow their chosen path. A wiccan who believes they must have a moralistic high ground or a satanist who believes they must indulge in self destructive activities. And this causes a sense of prejudice towards those who are different from what you choose to be or idolize. I doubt whoever you follow wants you to limit yourself, do things that are harmful towards you or others, and hate anyone who doesn’t follow the same path.

5 Likes

And I’m not saying the majority of Wiccans have this moral high ground attitude. Just as I’m not saying all satanists are involved with drugs or gang violence. I am saying that to me, the majority of Wiccans come off as naive and still being influenced by the very upbringing their leaving behind. Sure, there should be a way to more easily transition from one thing to another, but there NEEDS TO BE a transition. And its like people just go into Wicca and just stay stuck in where they are, judging those who venture further. It’s like saying you want to become a leftist so you can smoke legal weed but you don’t like gay marriage, and you anyone who supports it is a queer. I’m not saying that anyone who gets into magick has to go into demonology or anything. There’s nothing wrong with sticking with Wiccan traditions or practicing Wiccan spells or rituals. Hell, sometimes I do that just to go back to the basics. However, as stated above, tons of people get to thinking they need to limit themselves and shun anything that doesn’t have to do with their Wiccan religion. Yes, there are LHP practitioners who do similar things, but I’ve found less of them.

As for me, Wicca was just the only outlet I knew of and had access to, mostly from the internet. However, it felt constraining and there was too much of a feminist influence that made me feel inferior. I was attracted to darker stuff, but was often ridiculed when I asked around about it. It was hard finding books on dark magick considering I only had Barnes N Noble and shop at. Luckily, I found plenty on Amazon and that made a difference.

Books on Wicca were mostly simplistic. The ritual procedures were simple enough but required tons of money spent into them. Books on LHP, or anything else, involved less interest in materials and more on complex systems. But mostly, I enjoy the philosophical elements the LHP brings where Wicca just had the vague overly used notion of “One with Nature.”

6 Likes

You mean those you’ve met.
But remember Voudon has parts of Catholisism but is far from Catholic.
Cunning Folk also didn’t consider themselves Witches or Pagans either.

There are groups of Pagans Christians, Muslim, Satanists or even Atheists that have this same close minded attitude but the point is not to draw a line.
If you don’t typecase they don’t always know what to do and in some cases they can be more open minded to learning about different viewpoints.
It also keeps those Wiccans who are not this way from feeling excluded or looked down on.

2 Likes

Yeah, I somewhat agree. I see a trend for wiccans where they are ignorantant and I also see a trend where they have started to be more open minded. Doesn´t really bother me that much because in my own practises I´m a loner. I don´t have anybody in real life who has gotten close to getting accurate answers about my practises and for the most part you wouldn´t see it from my appearence. Thus, if I meet wiccans and they ask what kind of spirituality you practise, my answer is automaticly ``wicca´´. Work everytime since I guard my real life privacy about it.

My thinking goes along the path that I don´t have enough interest to stick my nose into other peoples practises in real life. Or really care about them that much. All in all, to me wiccans are just other fish in the sea. I do have a loose``coven´´ with two 2 in it. Me and the other person but we meet with each other seldomly in winter time(she is interested in wicca and many things in addition to that).It´s currently a winter time which means no rituals together.

4 Likes

The LHP is infested with a bunch of edgy teenagers with Baphotmet statues.

The occult in general is full of armchair occultists who read volumes of material and never get to the point of channeling gnosis.

The age of the internet made magic more accessible. Every group has normies consuming junk food occultism. Everyone gets stereotyped so other groups have something to bitch about. What else is new?

9 Likes

More energy for Baphomet lol.

3 Likes

This is how E.A. Koetting started out, but without the statues. Everyone starts somewhere.

7 Likes

I like what you’ve said.

Checking out the author now.

3 Likes

Exactly the point being made. I honestly think E.A is a fool that just spews stuff out that is barely half researched to anyone who throws money his way.

3 Likes

And how did you come to that conclusion?

I’ve worked with him on several occasions and he’s come across as very articulate to me. Of course his private persona is very different from his public one. But he has always struck me as incredibly genuine and knowledgeable.

2 Likes

I wonder if his private persona consists of Head Banging to Heavy Metal.

1 Like

Just because someone is articulate or can talk the talk doesn’t mean they are all they say they are or legit. There are quite a few that could put on convincing displays and make a good speech. They usually run off of belief and thoughtforms created by their believers or outright tricks. In some cases they use the modicum of natural talent they have to make pacts for quick power but they usually end up little more than vessels for these beings with their power being dependent on their patrons good graces.

Now how much this relates to EA is your decision I’m keeping my opinion on that to myself but there are others with reputations they don’t deserve and you should always be wary until you can find proof otherwise of someone’s power or source thereof. Too many are fooled by false gurus and it wouldn’t do to unintentionally become one of those.

2 Likes

I’ve never understood the hate for E.A. As I said I’ve worked with him one-on-one on several occasions and he’s been nothing but extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Reading his books I can also see a lot of parallels to my own experience, which tells me he’s not just faking it. There is certain knowledge that can only come about by authentic life experience.

Of course, as you said, you can think what you like, but why default to thinking he’s fake without a very good reason?

2 Likes

I never said what I thought of him just that appearances can be very deceiving in general. I don’t think he is a fake necessarily just a tad overrated the same way most popular figures get overrated by their fans. I also do not quite agree on some of his approaches feeling they are unnecessarily sloppy and dangerous but that likely stems from the differences in my practice which while it allows for a lot of stuff has very strict core mechanics and beliefs which aren’t really compatible with his methods without a lot of modification. I see him basically on a knifes edge between success and disaster more so than most in magick and the potential backlash he might incur is devastating and I am not talking about things like the modern idea of karma either. I can respect what he has achieved and adapt his work to my own but I still think he takes far too many unnecessary risks and lets vain pride go to his head a bit too much.

2 Likes

Dancing naked around a camp fire to ‘Knees Up Mother Brown’ is fun!

Gerald Gardner was an associate of Aleister Crowley, that’s why you’ll find his influence in modern Wicca. The young Maxine Sanders looked great, as did Janet Farrar!

Al.

2 Likes

So to reply on that same level, where’s your body of work, either studying occult principles and writings or (dare one ask_ actually practicing them), that exceeds his last many years documented in books and on YouTube? :man_shrugging:

I see you there @anon47923162 doing more muttering darkly about how awful/foolish/lame other people are as though you’re the reality police. Nice post history, especially this, from just one year ago:

Wish you’d keep it more real, do more of this kind of thing Evocation of Bael than go round rating other people as you have been wont to do recently, but it’s your choice.

4 Likes

Perhaps I have grown quite a bit and also grown weary of frauds leading others astray who would otherwise have a chance to make something of themselves but in case you haven’t noticed I have put out a lot of practical work as well. Including recently some of what I have been working on with Jupiter, chaos magick, even some basic mental work that can give you some very good tools to use.

Don’t forget my work on necromancy as well. In fact the majority of my stuff is either practical work or advice to others to help them along. If I wish to express my opinion now and then I am certainly going to do so and if I want to rate something in comparison to how I see it from my perspective I can certainly put forth the differences as I see them. It seems a bit like you are cherry picking here but perhaps that is your opinion as I know we aren’t exactly each others favorite people.

Oh, but if you want to play with something interesting just wait for my latest antics. I got a copy of NAP figured it would be fun to try out perhaps I will even revitalizing the book spirit and someone who can check from their view when that is done could be in for something interesting.

Of course I am always up for a friendly chat for a change if you ever want to discuss any particular form of magick or maybe interesting spirits, spells, etc. I might have quite an ego I will admit but I do get results and am always happy for a chat.

3 Likes

I have nothing whatsoever against you except this recent trend towards rating people and making dark mutterings about things. It seems very corrosive and I bothered addressing it here because I know you’re not just some idle troll or larper.

Your work can be really good and you give some people good advice, but the role of reality-police that’s crept in recently does not sit well with anyone, and the more experience you acquire, the more you will realise this.

I’ve been fortunate enough to meet many truly great people and they always manage to keepo their criticisms constructive because they are not competing, they see the bigger picture and the potential in the striver that they themselves once were. :+1:

Looks great!

Well overdue, I keep wishing his daughter would republish it as e-books, maybe chuck that request into the NAP spirits for me? :smiley:

3 Likes

I will say the book seems to rely on the same enhanced power of belief and faith that my recent works have been dealing with rather than energetic technique and enhances it with the passive and active energies stored in traditional words of power. Oh also it the entire book seems to mix well to the background tunes of electro swing music. Really livens up the reading.

2 Likes