Mantra siddhi

Is it possible to get the benefits of mantra recitation by listening to it rather than chanting?

Lets say i want siddhi of a mantra…i have to say it 10000 times…if i listen to it recitation of the mantra 10000 times will it work?or do i need to do recitation myself?

Will passive listening or chanting while doing other work will do with siddhi of the mantra rather than meditating sincerely or focusing on the deity?

To attain siddhi, you have to actually chant the mantra yourself as proper vibration is important. It requires deep focus, something you don’t get from just passive listening. If it was that easy to obtain them, then the comments section of the various mantra tracks on YouTube would be full of people claiming to have the yogic superpowers, and yogis wouldn’t sit in asana and chant for hours.

However, listening to a mantra is useful for relaxation, simple meditation and inducing energy flow.

7 Likes

What if i recorded the mantra in my voice and listened to it for 10000 times

still no or maybe it can work but you have to be in mediation focusing on mantras rather than listening while doing other things

2 Likes

Yes it is possible to get some benefits of a mantra by listening it but you need a third party who have an empowered voice it means the voice of someone who have already mastered the mantra by chanting it during longtime and have fully awaken the inner shakti within the mantra.In this case you can record the voice and listen to it, you can find some of these mantra on youtube but you cant be certain of which have fully awaken the mantra or not.

It is better to stick to one mantra and chant it 125000 times ( make several mala per day) or to keep chanting it all the time in your mind no matter what you do within few month you will have awaken the power of the mantra and get full effects. One of the best way to start is to awaken a short mantra as it is more easy to chant a seed mantra than a long one. For example Shreem, Kleem, Gam etc. In another post I have given a mantra practice for the throat mantra to awaken Vishnu powers. This is a simple one.

5 Likes

I’m sorry, but no, it’s not that easy. Passive listening is missing the point. There are no shortcuts.

2 Likes

True even i tried the passive listening . Didn’t see much benefits it only helpful in situation like if you feel negative or anxious and want to calm your mind than passive listening help a lot and also build more faith

2 Likes

As has been said, it’s great to listen to them. But the point is about the vibration. If you aren’t making the sounds, it’s not going to do for you the full effect of what it can do.

1 Like

Can you mention that throat chakra mantra here pls?

Who is a siddhi

A Siddhi is the Sanskrit name for a given psychic ability that you can develop through practice.

Welcome to the forum @GreyMagician !

Please do make your next post your Introduction here, which we need per the forum rules and see our posting guidelines in the FAQ.

Points to cover:

• Do you have any practical experience in magick?

• If so, what exactly do you practice and how long have you practiced?

• Do you follow any specific system or tradition?

• What are your areas of interest?

Here is a getting started with magick guide. You’ll want to get your spiritual hygiene sorted out, and start work on developing your astral senses, then when you can know you have a decent chance at avoiding impostors and parasites then try the evocation guides we have on here.

For reference:

The rules are here

The posting guidelines are here in the FAQ

The Terms of Service are here

I doubt a mantra on its own will reveal and release siddhis. As I understand it takes a lot more, like clearing energy centers and balancing your energy flow etc. etc. and even then, in most yogic traditions siddhis are seen as a byproduct of a rigorous spiritual practice.
Chanting the mantras yourself is the least you can do if you are looking for a lazy way to gain magickal abilities.

To repeat what others already said. It’s all about the focus, voice control, breathwork and causing the vibration.

1 Like