Lessons of the Deck

Up next:

Marchosias accepted and, if I’m being honest, did almost all of the work to come to my space. “She did a number on you” was tossed put when I was reading it. Vepar came as an indistinguished gender to me, so it was interesting to hear it from another spirit.

If I’m also being honest, I wasn’t going to do even a medium evocation of Marchosias (or anyone else) until I caught my second wind at some point today. He did me a solid and it came with no strings. I felt he deserved credit for that.

9 Likes

I got notified that I’ll be training the new person starting soon. Normally, they would send them to anothwr group, but I’ve apparently done well enough that they want me to do it. I got that strange, connected feeling and realized it was Orias’ doing. This could help with a promotion.

Hail Orias.

6 Likes

Congratulations!

3 Likes

Up next:

Lucifuge accepted and offered to help with a very expensive problem I developed today. My car with 190k miles needs $5k in work due to aging parts, which is more than it’s worth, as a 2005. Thus, I gave him an extra incense stick and blooded both.

Meanwhile, I felt that there was more to this rapid onset of symptoms. Couldn’t shake it after chalking it up to age. I could feel Baphomet at the edge of my thoughts and remembered what she said to me. “one destructive. See them for what they are.” I sent a feeler out and confirmed it with her. An expensive lesson, but inevitable within a year or two.

9 Likes

And what do we say to the God of (money) Death?

Not today. (Now fuck off)

@sanaro notice the foil. That solved the problem of larger holders than candles, too!

7 Likes

Marchosias returned.

M: "You have wondered if you were made or born this way. The answer is both. And you knew this going into this incarnation. You accepted it. You will find ‘peace’, but not for a long time (peace and the cessation of my near-constant drive to keep pushing forward. I saw flashes of the future scene regarding a sailboat somewhere in the Pacific).

Yes, on the boat. This is partially why it will take so long to get. Your drive will lessen for having (and enjoying) it.

He was done. Hail Marchosias.

In the beginning, he was referring to my frequent wondering about how much is Nature and how much is Nurture. I chalk this us to both genuine wonderment and ego. I want to think I would have turned out like I did without the abuse, but part of me knows it affected me. My son has turned out similar to me, but with fewer…darker aspects.

10 Likes

Up next:

I carry a pendant of Marbas’ sigil in my wallet. We’ve met more than once. As soon as I drew his card and got ready to call him, there was no delay.

Marbas: “I am already with you. (He accepted)”

M: “Some wisdom. You know a lot about curaing and hurting, but not quite as much about healing and helping (through healing). Flip the intent around and start practicing using baneful energies to heal.”

M: “There is your lesson and I expect to see your practicing it.”

Hail Marbas.

Here, he’s talking about channeled energies I use after connecting to the source of them. I’m honestly not sure exactly how to go about this. If I open Hel’s gate, then how would I go about that without conversion? This must be one of those things that experience gives clarity.

9 Likes

Up next:

I felt like a tentacle or similar on my left shoulder. It rested reassuringly, like we were already friends or friendly. I was at ease in his presence.

F: “(whispered) I accept. Paimon and I will both help you with (those tasks). You were correct in your confusion, but jumping ahead a little. There will be multiples (languages) over time. This is the source (of the confusion). Spend some money to further your efforts. You will be repaid ten-fold (at least) in all ways for doing so (learning them). Get started and quiet your doubt.”

He was done. Hail Forneus.

10 Likes

Baphomet came through with her second lesson today. Due to the sensitive nature of it, I’ll have to keep it to myself.

Hail Baphomet.

Up next:

Bael came immediately, accepted the agreement, and asked to taste some bourbon I had. No idea what he has in mind and I couldn’t glean anything while he was inside.

9 Likes

Sitri came to me last night and said he was going to work on my lesson that evening and that I should mark him as complete. I did and he came through.

Hail Sitri.

7 Likes

Up next:

Marax accepted and I was immediately shown a blue, faceted gem, held between his thumb and first finger. You could see through it to some extent.

M: “Yes, you can see through it, but the picture is never quite clear. What will also cloud it is the ‘spirit’ of the gem itself, not just the energies it has picked up along the way. Some (‘spirits’) are faint. Some are forceful. But all are present.”

Hail Marax.

9 Likes

Up next:

Andrealphus came as a peacock, feathers spread. It’s like he perched on my right leg, but had a human voice when accepting the agreement.

10 Likes

It’s easy to forget how far along one is on this type of project. There are 4 cards up right now - Lucifuge Rofocale, Andromalius, Bael, and Andrealphus.

Stack on the left is the “completed” deck

As it stands right now, I can say that I’m hesitant to simply reshuffle the deck when this first round is done, given the same agreement.

There are some spirits that could give some harsh and costly lessons every time they come up. At what point would the lessons turn truly hard or hurtful? There is INTENT that my family and pets aren’t harmed or negatively affected. It’s also part of my wards and spirits answering in my space must abide by that when they come.

There are a lot of spirits here (already) that I would like to interact with more. That gets into the picking process and the whole “what you need” versus “what you want” issue.

I don’t know. I saw the differences in the decks and thought I’d share my thoughts.

7 Likes

Just my 2 cents but after I completed the 72 project I knew intuitively there would be some spirits I’d just never interact with again outside a meet a greet function.

You’re actually getting an authentic 72 project experience doing what you’re doing with this. I personally don’t think I would do it again.

If it were me I’d choose spirits I did resonate well with and continue building bridges with them.

Just my thoughts.

7 Likes

It did occur to me that I was also doing the 72 project, in most ways.

My main reason for continuing would be rounding out those areas I need, but don’t know that I need.

Thanks, Mike. I appreciate it and will keep it in mind as the deck draws smaller.

5 Likes

Lucifuge sent a message when I stepped into my ritual space from the garage. He wanted me to contact him “later”. That time came in less than two hours.

L: “How is it that one associated with worldly power is known for pacts and pact making?”

M: “Because pacts can be some of the most valuable things a magician can negotiate? When done properly”

L: “Yes, when done properly. (Obviously, you know this) but not effortlessly. Make a pact with me. I will tell you what to write.”

So, I did. Effort for reward, essentially. I had the pact wording and intent verified by Hecate, Helios, and Belial. There is a termination date, agreements for work and pauses between it. What is gained is not lost, regardless of the pause. Well, if I lose something, that’s on me and would have to be earned again.

Hail Lucifuge Rofocale.

9 Likes

Up next:

Astaroth came and shifted netween masculine and feminine energies before settling on feminine. She accepted and left.

7 Likes

I’ve been considering doing a formal pact with Lucifuge Rofocale too. I opted most recently to work with Prince Mammon instead and it turned out quite well but I’d still like to work with Lucifuge. I’ll be interested to hear about your experience and about the instructions on proper pact making if you’re able to share about it.

5 Likes

He literally told me what to write. It seems so lopsided, I wouldn’t have ever suggested it, to be honest. I do think some of his “reward” is me talking about it here, a sort of searchable public record.

The gist is in what he said. It isn’t effortless. I work, I continue to progress, rewards are given. Now, rewards are given in working towards something to begin with, but these would be extra help from him, but those rewards from him, in whatever form, are his to decide upon and give. It is not the style of pact I would suggest to newer magicians.

But there are a few things I would keep in mind. While this is a reply to you, I’m typing it for newer folks, mainly. They like to rush into pacts, it seems.

1. Negotiate the goals of it in both word and deed and make sure both are accepted. If possible, have a trusted spirit overwatch the pact to give you advice. If you don’t have a trusted spirit, you probably aren’t ready for a pact.

2. Don’t make a heavy, long-term pact with a spirit you can’t communicate with and can’t discern.

3. Negotiate failures to uphold the pact on both ends.

4. Negotiate an “out” or end to the pact that is acceptable to both parties.

5. Expect to work your ass off. You will.

6. Negotiate what happens to the gains when the pact is completed or the “out” is used.

Ouch, it’s dinner time.

9 Likes

That was a great reply and an awesome post. Thank you, and I think alot of practicioners will find that very helpful also.

5 Likes