Pacts with demons

Very well explained and understood

1 Like

Will a demon ask for a pact or the magician will be the one to ask for it.

1 Like

Sometimes a demon will recommend a pact, if they think it will benefit the magician more, but most often it is the magician who asks first.

8 Likes

I went through the forum and saw your answer to a question asked about a pact and you made mentioned that, a demon can ask you not to work with any other spirit. What if the particular demon doesn’t perform a task you may need after the pact. Will the pact be forever or to a certain point.

1 Like

A pact is almost always binding only for a specified length of time that both the spirit and magician agree to. Stay far away from any spirit that tries to bind you forever.

It depends entirely on the terms of the agreement you make. If you want to be free to work with other spirits while under the terms of the pact, make sure you specify that when negotiating with the spirit. Remember, a pact is a binding agreement, so both you and the demon are bound to whatever is agreed to, and there can be severe consequences if you break your word.

7 Likes

I threw this together quickly, so it isn’t complete. Kindly keep these things in mind.

4 Likes

As @DarkestKnight mentioned a magician who is pacted to a spirit gets priority treatment from the spirit.

In my experience the spirit the spirit is much more willing to go the extra mile and do extra services that simply wouldn’t happen in a standard transactional relationship with a spirit.

A strong bond between spirit and practioner is made with pacting. This bonding allows the magician to easily get in touch with the spirit without having to evoke or petition.
Communication comes much easier as well.

@DarkestKnight did mention there are dangers in not keeping up with your end of the agreement. If a spirit feels slighted after it has served well it can become hostile and take revenge. In this situation it behooves the magician to make amends immediately or evoke the spirit and formally terminate the pact. I’ve heard of stories of spirits growing angry with irresponsible practioners that don’t honor thier word or are in some way abusive to the spirit. The spirit can also terminate the agreement as well and simply move on and stop responding to the magicians calls.

In my view if a spirit fails to honor it’s end of the agreement and fails to perform that’s also grounds for ending the agreement.

It is usually the magician who proposed the pact to a spirit. It’s very important that the magician clearly State what he expects and what he is willing to do in exchange. Ambiguity in pacts is not helpful and can lead to problems.

I would say like other people familiar with pacts on the forum that if you can’t see or hear or interact with a spirit it’s best to work with petitions and standard evocation until you can hear them. Often a magician may draft a pact but the spirit has things it wants added or taken away from the agreement as well. It’s like any other relationship. It takes commitment, work and give and take.

8 Likes

Thank you.

I don’t know why anyone won’t keep his or her promise to a spirit when the task has been done. If the job has been done then payment has to be made. I don’t know why anyone would wish to have issues with a spirit of such higher order.

But what are some of the ambiguities in pacts.

1 Like

Happens all the time IRL with human connections. How often have you seen or heard of failed projects or jobs by individuals or companies. Kickstarter and such can give you a great idea. WE ARE HUMANS & WE CAN FAIL OFTEN! But failure isn’t a eternal torment sentence. A Bill paxton GAME OVER MAN!

Be passionate and dedicated to your work and COMPLETE your agreed task. Be sure it holds up its end of the pact as well. I say passionate because there were times in my life I had that FLOW inside and I could finish a work easily, conpletely, and was energized from it. Those are the times to not slack. Such wellsprings of energy are awesome (for lack of better wording). Just be sure each party completes their tasks in the pact.

2 Likes

What if the spirit breaks it’s word?

I don’t have any real confirmation of this, so take it with a large dose of salt, but I’ve heard through the grapevine that if a spirit breaks a pact, there can be considerable consequences for them, and they could face punishment from higher forces, as well as a loss of reputation and power.

5 Likes

And a human will dare try to break a pact? It’s not that easy as people see it if a spirit maybe could be punished of it. Amazing

1 Like

There can be consequences for the human too, depending on how egregious the breach is. A pact is a binding agreement, similar to a legal contract down here in the physical world, so breaking it can have spiritual repercussions and penalties for both parties.

4 Likes

What is this that, demons don’t forgive or give a second chance when you wrong them.
I still have fears for demons and I’m trying so hard to get over this. I have always known that it wasn’t going to be easy trying to move from my Christian path to this new path.

I have used the search button to read about how others were able to do away with their fears and I’m
hoping I can do same by meeting them to experience how things work myself.
I call on my ancestors and the gods of Ghana but the western way of contacting spirits is a different thing to me although I have read a lot about them for years.

Demons do give second chances, and even third chances. It all depends on the relationship you have with them, though, and whether or not they judge it worth their time to continue with you.

3 Likes

Agree with @DarkestKnight here. If you think there’s going to be an issue with an agreement, don’t make it. Or, if you’ve already make it just let the spirit know and try to work something out Before you have a problem. If you make an agreement to evoke everything night for 10 nights but on the 8th night you’re in the emergency room, just call the demon when you can and work something out. Most of them aren’t out to get you, they don’t make pacts just to catch a human betraying them.

Some humans don’t either. Even legally speaking, sometimes one time is enough to get you in serious trouble.

When I left the Church, LaVey’s Satanic bible was really great for cleansing my palate. I don’t follow his path, but the read helped my transition away from Catholicism a lot.

4 Likes

Does it mean that if I made a pact with Dantalion I have send on a task at the moment, the results will come quicker because he have me as priority nr 1? What if the spirit have other pacts?

No, it simply means your call will be of a higher priority. It has nothing to do with how long it would take for results to manifest.

Remember, a pact is usually an agreement for something specific, so you’re not going to be calling Dantalion up to send him on secondary jobs. His only task would be to fulfill whatever he agreed to do in the pact, and as soon as the pact was signed, that work would begin. Any other task you wanted him to do would be of secondary importance, unless it was part of the pact.

What about it? Spirits are multi-dimensional, and are fully capable of giving their attention to more than one magician.

But what does it mean then to be higher priority? You mean if there is no pact then the spirit may never do the task? I don’t get it.

For a good example, take a look at @Mike_Bee 's journals, and his descriptions of his pact with Prince Orobas. Wouldn’t you prioritize someone you’re contractually obligated to help over someone who just randomly calls you up?

Demons will fulfill any task given to them, pact or not, but with a pact, you will get more personal attention.

3 Likes