Introduce Yourself To Members Of The Forum 2.0

Welcome @Callofthewater

And how long is “a bit” exactly?

Do you have experience in any specific systems or traditions of magick?

1 Like

Not much. I am interested in learning magic but only for helping others and myself on a good way.

6 Likes

Bumping this because this is the new intro thread folks - also, please take a look at these links:

3 Likes

Hello there!

I’m from Russia, 28 years old, male. Obviously, my native language is Russian, not English. Even though I’ve been interested in magic and occult stuff since I was a teenager, I haven’t practiced anything like that yet. Well, I have some experience in meditation and visualization techniques, but I don’t know if it counts. Anyway, I feel like it’s time to begin my journey. Better late than never, right?

I’m particularly interested in evocations of Goetia spirits, but I don’t think I’m ready for that yet. I’d like to get prepared for the serious work first, so I’ve made up this personal plan:

Step 1 is taking care of my physical health. That means having enough sleep during the night, eating less junk food, starting doing physical exercises again and giving up smoking. This way I want to gain some more energy for the rituals.

Step 2 is again about energy. I want to boost my energy by working with chakras, especially the first two of them.

Step 3 is a REGULAR, daily meditation and trance practice. As I mentioned, I have practiced meditation before, but during the last few months it was occasionally.

Should I add anything else here? Any advice for a complete beginner?

5 Likes

Hi, welcome to the Forum. You are not “late” to the game, 28 is a good age actually. It means you have life experience which is very important for understanding Occult themes. Try talking to a virgin about sex magick and you would understand. Or talk to someone who has never felt love about what Union and Devotion can be like. The more life experience you have the better, especially the painful experience.

Meditation and visualization are perhaps 2 of the cornerstones of most practices, it is great that you have the ability and experience. What you outlined as your path for getting ready for evocation work sounds like a good start. I may recommend finding a system to work with, a book or online course work that will provide you a bit of guidance.

I hope you find what you are looking for on your journey.

3 Likes

Just curious, when you referred to church and Thelema, are you referencing OTO and if so what degree are you?

2 Likes

I am! Only first degree, because Covid.

3 Likes

Thank you for your response. I’m currently reading some books in Russian, but of course there is much more information in English. This is why I’m here.

1 Like

Hi guys! Please call me Thea. I’ve been on this forum since 2018, but I got locked out of my old account (darn you, Google Authenticator!). I’ve grown since 2018 however, so I suppose a new introduction is in order.

I have been interested in the metaphysical since elementary school, with topics like auras, mediumship, and astral projection. Some example works were by authors like Michael R. Hathaway (:upside_down_face:), Sylvia Browne (:upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:), and Robert A. Monroe (this one is actually okay).

My interests dropped in high school, but picked back up again once college rolled around (college --> drugs --> Terrence McKenna and PsychedSubstance). That was 2014-2015, I’d say. Other topics I’ve delved into were energy work (chakras, Reiki), starseeds, witchcraft, dreamwork, psychonautics, and the constant nagging thoughts about the nature(s) of our reality, lmao.

The catalysts that brought me into this flavour of magick were Ghost (the band), and Azazel—Ghost helped me really break out of the Christian mindset, and Azazel was there to guide me when I was ready to take the leap. Though I do not work with Azazel anymore, these days I work mostly with Lucifer and the entities he introduces me to. I’ve work with the other Demonic Kings, but not at the same level of frequency.

My all-time favourite books thus far have been:

• “Lucifer and the Hidden Demons”, by Theodore Rose
  • “The Book of Azazel”, by E.A. Koetting
  • The Primal Craft Trilogy, by Mark Alan Smith
  • “Chthonic Revelations”, by Alexander Corvus
  • “Journeys Out of the Body”, by Robert A. Monroe

Anyways, I’m happy to be back! :smile:

7 Likes

@Lady_Eva can help you restore your old account or close it so you keep this one

3 Likes

Oh right, thank you for the suggestion! @Lady_Eva , would it be possible to close my old account that I got locked out of?

1 Like

Sure, what was the username on that please? :smiley:

1 Like

The username was @Rima . Thanks for your help :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

You’re welcome, I have closed posting from that account. :+1:

4 Likes

@Rima welcome back

2 Likes

Hello!
I’m Luca, a 24 years old italian guy.

I’m a total newcomer to the world of magick: I’ve discovered it literally last week, while reading stuff online I found something about Goetia. Hopefully I’ll learn something new in this forum!

As for now, I’ve only tried a petition spell yesterday night with Duke Sallos after reading a few tutorials in the forum.

2 Likes

I started my khazix magical journey at the age of 16, now I am 18 interested in invitations and rituals, I am not a living god, I aim for money and a better life I have interacted with azazel lucifer and most other gods.

2 Likes

Hi Im Trinity but you can call me Trina, Im not good at introducing myself so pls bear with me. I’ve always been a curious kid,I ask a lot of questions and I research a lot of things until I can find an answer that will satisfy my brain.I grew up in a religious family,they’re all christians.Like sometimes I feel bad for doubting HIS existence,there was a time that I was slapped by my Grandfather for asking them why do they believe in such things they can’t even prove that it exist. I tried reading some articles or even the bible but nahh it still didn’t gratify me lol so yeah I have that one friend that I am comfortable to talk about these things, I felt free. I thought I was the only one who thinks like that but I was wrong. Long story short, He introduced me to this forum and he also introduced me to some spells and I tried one but I don’t know If I did it right.Im an awkward person so Idk what to sayIm so sorry.

4 Likes

Welcome @KhaZix

Where are you from?

What, exactly, do you practice? You haven’t really told us anything about your magical experience.

Do you have any experience in specific systems or traditions of magick?

1 Like

I am an immigrant from Iran and I am Yezidim my religion is a devil peacock and he is a god so I have a bit more control over them, I do blessing purification exile rituals I am mostly 18 years old.

4 Likes