Working with the demon Vine

Has anyone worked with Vine before? I have worked with him briefly (Only 2 evocations) and plan to work with him on a more personal level.

Just wanted to know (if this is a demon you have worked with) what your experiences were like?

1 Like

[quote=“Skinny_Man, post:1, topic:3580”]Has anyone worked with Vine before? I have worked with him briefly (Only 2 evocations) and plan to work with him on a more personal level.

Just wanted to know (if this is a demon you have worked with) what your experiences were like?[/quote]

I did some sigal magick & astral work with him a while back, I’ve been thinking about working with him again to: ‘build towers’. (Ala, Finding a nice place to live).

Based on Weyer’s description, he’d be a great King to call on for improvement on your divination skills(I worked with Purson for this, and he really helped me), or even for finding local black magicians to form a circle, or perhaps for protection from black magic attacks.

He would appear to be a good Demon to call to reveal hidden secrets, hidden trouble, hidden enemies, and overcome them. I’d recon he is also able to manipulate the weather, at least in lakes & oceans.

[url=http://www.esotericarchives.com/solomon/weyer.htm]http://www.esotericarchives.com/solomon/weyer.htm[/url]

i Vine is a great king and an earle, he showeth himselfe as a lion, riding on a blacke horsse, and carrieth a viper in his hand, he gladlie buildeth large towres, he throweth downe stone walles, and maketh waters rough. At the commandement of the exorcist he answereth of things hidden, of witches, and of things present, past, and to come.[/i]

7 Likes

I did nothing more than open his sigil, and asked him an important request within the description of his capabilities in the Ars Goetia, which he fulfilled within 3 months.

3 Likes

Speaking of the ars goetia, is there a resource that gives non ambiguous answers about what the spirits really do? Because some of them, Vine included have some pretty weird descriptions. Building a tower is not useful and is probably a metaphor for something

1 Like

You have to put 2 + 2 together…use your intuition & do a little research.

‘Build Towers’ is obviously an allusion to building houses, homes, steady living, lifetime goals, etc. That’s what it means to me anyway. ‘Tell past, present & future’…you think that has something to do with Divination?

Like…I would have NEVER figured out that Asmoday is the GOD of CASH if I didn’t have a little imagination about ‘discovering buried treasures…’

2 Likes

gnosis is right on. you have to ask what does the description mean TO YOU?

the answers are not obvious sometimes bc they are open to interpretation.

for example:

‘leraje causes all great battles and contests; and maketh wounds to putrefy that are made with arrows by archers. this belongeth unto sagittary.’

you could conjure leraje to win debates or lawsuits by helping you cut your opponents’ arguments down with sharp words that slowly cause them to waste away and die in the eyes and ears of your audience so that your own points shine through.

‘haagenti’s office is to make men wise, and to instruct them in
divers things; also to transmute all metals into gold; and to change wine into water, and water into wine.’

haagenti can be conjured for self-improvement or for the transformation of internal qualities.

vapula’s office is to make men knowing in all handcrafts and professions, also in philosophy, and other sciences.’

a handicraft is creating custom products. a profession is a career. philosophy is thought leadership. other sciences can include technical ones such as engineering machines. so one could conjure vapula to teach internet marketing on the technical and product development side for one of a kind products that are not mass-produced therefore giving them greater value.

etc.

you have to use your imagination sometimes.

2 Likes

You have to put 2 + 2 together…use your intuition & do a little research.

‘Build Towers’ is obviously an allusion to building houses, homes, steady living, lifetime goals, etc. That’s what it means to me anyway. ‘Tell past, present & future’…you think that has something to do with Divination?

Like…I would have NEVER figured out that Asmoday is the GOD of CASH if I didn’t have a little imagination about ‘discovering buried treasures…’[/quote]

I also take them in a literal sense (As well as metaphorical). Building a “tower” is a defensive action, as it protects your “wall”. Destroying “walls” is an offensive action as it leaves your enemy defenceless allowing their “tower” to be breached.

Though to also add, I agree with your interpretations as well.

@MichaelSmith
Ambiguity isn’t a bad thing, in my opinion it would be bad if it wasn’t ambiguous. Leaving spirits only to be black and white with no in between doesn’t open many opportunities for usefulness (Though not complete uselessness), as the spirits would be limited in linear power.

2 Likes

https://blackwitchcoven.com/demonology/demons-to-worship/vine/

I’ve been interested in this spirit but have kind of backed away because everywhere I read has that odd point about him being able to take ur soul… which is quite off putting. Anyone know what that bullshit is about?

this spirit is interesting

He can protect but attack in same time
maybe He can help for curse ritual
:wink:

1 Like

EA koetting has a good video on that, he mentions your question

1 Like

Some recent posts regarding this demon

2 Likes

Can anyone tell me who Vine was before he was a demon? What was his angelic name?

I dunno about “angelic” but if you dig into work others have done with um you may find a common thread to older gods since the religious minded of old had a habit of demonizing the gods of cultures they conquered. Granted this kinda works in out favor as any human attachment to the previous “godly” visage is replaced with a potentially unrestrained essence of that force that we can work with.

4 Likes

How interesting. What does this mean?

…Or like how does this work?

This thread has a discussion another member and i had that explored the concept a bit.