My question is
if the ritual says look into the scrying mirror and visualize the demon
Do I picture in my mind what they say the demons description looks like this book I’m reading says do that
One method:
“visualise a man standing in front of you, he is wearing a cloak like this and he has horns”
“There is no need to visualise many details, keep it simple.”
Depending on the instructions, it may be best to let the image/details naturally come to you. The descriptions given are the author’s own vision.
Thank you for your help .I appreciate it ![]()
When I read on Goetia demons all these authors put down the same dicription on the demons .I always wonder why
They’re copying each other, not reporting personal experience.
For example, some of the silliest descriptions come from the Malleus Maleficarum - the notorious Hammer of Witches book, written for and used as an excuse to basically remove political and small business opposition at the time. (They wanted to corporatize/intitutionalize medicine and brewing and killed off the herbalists, midwives and brewers - which was formerly women’s work). It’s propaganda.
E.g., that’s the book that turned Asmoday from a demon for revenge to one for lust (gasp the horror!) and gave him the dumb as fuck image that’s nothing but a body made of lustful, lazy or cranky animals - it’s basic character assignation to suit an agenda. It’s fake. And then fake got copied by fools and today “Asmoday is the demon of lust”. I tough that too - and then I talked to him and let him speak for himself, which I should have done in the first place. He’s a LOT more.
Sadly people are frequently not honest, original or writing in good faith. It’s worth being very discerning, careful who you follow and know your history or fall foul to it.
So don’t believe everything you read as if it’s true just because it’s in an old book. half of it’s lies and the other half is madness and 5% gets you the lead to go in for yourself and find the gold. In fact question all of it. Learn discernment, and always trust yourself first.
I called on Asmodeus to stop a hateful and abusive lady.i wrote and also sat there explaining the harmful things she has done to family members.i left it up to him for the punishment.
I heard if you call on him for baneful magick it better be justified.mine definitely was.
I remember the thread. And your other thread heavily focused on appearances. These things do come in threes ![]()
Believe nothing you hear and only half you see.
Frankly, I’ve always thought the term Visualize was short for in your head it’s there.
Like for example, if I’m deep in thought during my days I notice I kind of phase out of consciousness and I can almost fully picture what’s in my head. At night it’s incredibly annoying because I usually end up activating some sort of muscle memory.
In a ritual context, I keep my eyes closed and mentally picture that a figure is standing there. The same way that when you do evocation, you imagine that the area surrounding you is dimming as if the setting is changing.