Things Not (likely) Put in a Grimoire

Marbas, my friend. Goetic Lord, you have helped me in my struggle with this illness obtained during the War in 2003. I keep fighting and, since calling on you, you have helped me.

I will remove the chain and carry it in my wallet.

9 Likes

That’s awesome I’m so jealous. I want one now.

2 Likes

So, I figured out why Pele wouldn’t say they were (all) stolen.

Before:

After:

I have work to do tonight.

If the island hadn’t been out of boxes, I would’ve shipped them.

3 Likes

Ah, fuck. I’m sorry.

3 Likes

Thank you.

They will be, too.

Edit - the rightmost candle is for a friend’s issue. Used the same entities for that one.

5 Likes

One of the things they wouldn’t let me take was a couple of planks of cedar I gor from my sister. I’ve mentioned making keys for Hecate from them when I first started evoking. I had to watch them get left behind.

Well, tonight, I found a small chunk they forgot about.

They shipped my butane cylinder, at least one lighter, and different oils, but couldn’t pull off the cedar plans, which were only four feet long…

Hecate is waiting for a hand made (no power tools) skeleton key.

Maybe I won’t have to burn this one.

4 Likes

And my torch still works (hopefully the backup, too).

Same torch I used for The Necromancer. Same wick. $20 Amazon special for 3. I have 2 (my spare). The third I sent to a friend.

When you’re used to writing by bulb light, sometimes a torch ligjt can “wig” you out a bit, depending on the light, the fuel, the wick, the torch…

Now that I’m back in CONUS, I plan on trying out my original torch. They wouldn’t ship replacement wicks to Hawaii. Just like batteries and insect repellant and…anything heavy or flammable…or outside of the tourist experience…

Well, maybe not. Coleman would sell me the WHOLE unit, but not the wick. Even on their site. So, no, screw them. I’ll recycle their unit.

6 Likes

They’re afraid to ship flammables as a general rule. For some reason they think it’ll burn the plane down or burn the boat. Go figure. Then again if you ever watched mayday you can’t blame them for being over cautious. In 1 episode they told of a real crash caused by mishandled mislabeled oxygen generators. So I suppose the post has had bad experiences. .

2 Likes

Sure, I get that. But they’ll still sell the whole unit with the wick in it, but not replacement wicks. Since it’s an island all the tiki/camping/propane fuel has to get there by boat or plane.

2 Likes

I don’t know who this applies to. I almost put it in my Lessons of the Deck thread. An old song I listened to so long ago.

I do not know who you are or why. But here is the song and I’m still listening to it ten-ish years later.

Neuroticfish - Suffocating Right - YouTube

3 Likes

As soon as I saw the sigil, I knew. I knew I would call him. HAD to call him. Despite largely avoiding him in my evocation work.

But once Behemoth-X made the video and I found it, I knew what would happen after work.

I reached out to Hecate first, to make sure it wouldn’t interfere with my work with her later. She was pleased, though wouldn’t say why. No peep from any of the others that could delay it until later in the evening.

The sigil :

I traced it in blood, which is unusual for me to do blindly. I opened it and called him forth. He would either come because he “wanted” to or saw value in it or he wouldn’t. I wouldn’t force him and didn’t.

He was here in maybe a minute. Not unusual when a call is unheard in my experience. I’d been partially preparing for it since watching the video.

I verified with Hecate that it was him (the spirit behind the sigil), despite knowing this. I make mistakes, too.

He said that my path would change (direction, focus), but this was always the way it was going to be (no elaboration). Hecate, watching over from a sort of distance, agreed.

He wasnt asking for worship or reverence or fealty. He told me to be me and to keep follwoing the signs towards progress (a simplification, but I don’t have the words).

He then stood behind me and I k ew something was going to happen. Hecate was pleased and nodded. He then traced that sigil onto my back left shoulder, roughly over the area of my shoulderblade.

He nodded and left.

5 Likes

I gotta be honest. I’ve been thinking of that encounter since it happened yesterday. It is unlike me. I make a decision and ACT, but the way I saw the sigil, he surety of knowing what I “must” do, we’ll, that’s a bit different.

I’m an analyst by day, have been a software developer, and worked in a Biotechnology lab. I was also a Fire Team Leader in the Infantry in Iraq, so you can see the measured, planned, counter-point side mixing with the frenetic, instinctual, “Fight!” part. If you keep those things in mind, I make (im)perfect sense.

This is why I leaned on Hecate and often call them up when unsure. Especially when the two sides “agree”.

I don’t have “answers” about the sigil tracing on my shoulder. Guesses, but that’s it.

I spent years (literally) coming back from Iraq, right? Professional counseling, all that, so, despite my willingness to curse certain types of people, I’ve largely stayed away from that part of me since coming to terms with it.

I think that, feel that, this is about to come to an end as I can feel those shelved parts responding to that sigil. Not just those parts, but they are the obvious ones to me.

I have to go back into ritual tonight, maybe also tomorrow. This must be sorted and I feel like theres a wellspring of power waiting, but also growth.

But mostly I feel uncertainty, despite knowing what I should do, for this next step, at least.

4 Likes

Before I remade the sigil, I could feel him. I say “him”. It isn’t gendered in its presentation at this point. I don’t particularly care which or any. That’s a distraction in this case.

I felt him near before Inopened the sigil, holding back, waiting for me to process or something (I don’t know). Could I force the coming? Of course. I know the signature, which is more valuable to me than a “name”. Or a sigil.

I get that feeling I do when I meet an entity and “know” I will be their student at some point. It’s a calling of sorts, an alignment. It doesn’t make sense to explain, but you feel that “click”. Thankfully, I’m the skeptic sort, so, while felt, it isn’t a submission.

I felt I should offer some incense and felt I should charge it on that opened sigil.

While I say “opened”, that’s not quite all it is. When so open a sigil or an idol or whatever, I create a connection. A real connection. A direct link that is thick and flowing. Waving lines aren’t enough for what I do at this point. I “must” tap into the energy as directly as possible.

So, when I opened this sigil, there is a link, a direct, substantial link, to either the energy behind that entity or the entity itself. I’m not talking about feeling a slightly different energy when it is opened. I open a gateway and control that gateway. The difference can be lost, so I hope that is enough. Need to move on.

So, I opened that sigil. I am feeling that entity, it is feeling me. ( This is the heart of how I work at this point in time. ) “Satan” knows what is going on. Knows what I’m doing. I get glimpses and flashes, too.

Most of the time, I get why entities come. The further along in your path you are - AND - the more valuable you are to their personal goals or whatever, the more likely you are that they will come to you or signal to you to contact them. Yes, it is usually a give and take, in my opinion. You can be the best mage in the world, but if you can’t help them in some way (even through publicity), well, they do have altruistic modes.

That isn’t to say that it is a requirement that it happens that way. When Hecate came to me in late 2018, which kickstarted the evocation part of my path, I wasn’t worth much to her, was I? (No).

So, flawed reasoning or not, that’s my perspective as I feel Satan come through that sigil, empowering that incense. Now, the incense was a gift from me, so, why did he empower it? My answer is that he knew I would burn it and sit here like I am, releasing that energy into the environment.

Gift for a gift, you could say and shrewd. He doesn’t owe me and I don’t owe him. Yet, we both know and are dancing around the elephant - we will “serve” eachother. Both will benefit.
Because he knows I can call him forth and bind him to things and I know I won’t likely need to.

The other “elephant” is whether it is a mask. Yes, but… I think it is a specific mask, very specific, where an aspect is being almost splintered off. I won’t say I’m certain, because I’m not. I won’t say that I couldn’t force my way into finding out what’s behind it, but I won’t. Part of me says that if I do, the “agreement”(?) will be ruined. That I will do myself a disservice by doing so. There is growth to not knowing who is there, though, I don’t know what it is or what is to be gained. It gets my hackles up, makes me want to stalk the uncertainty, waiting to ambush any enemy…or prey…within.

Good thing I’m not going for the “badass of the year” award.

I’m pretty sure the shoulder sigil was a marking, an energetic link. I can shift my attention and feel him/her/it. Hecate still agrees and is pleased. I realized earlier that I could reach put and draw on the power of this entity, if I so chose. I didn’t take it further than that. I mean, at a certain point, entities are used for reasons like humans having to sleep, to take advantage of situations we arent aware of, to keep pressure up while we go to work…

This guy? My impressions only - he can act, but prefers to act on us as individuals. Jack of all trades may not be accurate, but Jack of a lot is absolutely true.

What is also apparent is that this isn’t an entity, at least in this mask, that I will “need” for a lifetime. There’s a specific reason or a few that the alignment alarm sounded.

But I also don’t deny that I’ve said “Hail Satan” more in the past 24 hours than I have in the past 24 years. The cliche, edgy teenager pissed at his/her parents phrase has a different meaning. Yet, the same edgy, pissed off teen tone of Satanism is why I didnt take it seriously then…or now.

5 Likes

So…a few details slipped tonight. I figured out who MY first mask was. But the mask itself is the important part.

I blooded a piece of incense, dropped a piece of blood on the sigil. Tomorrow, I will call it again.

The Mask is the important part. I don’t k ow who will fill it tomorrow, but I hope it won’t change until it should…

3 Likes

You described earlier that a standard opening of a sigil is insufficient for the connection that you need. Can you if it’s alright to ask tell us a little more about the method or process you use to make this deeper connection. Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

Maybe “need” isn’t the right word. Want and prefer certainly are.

I think the best way I can describe it is by talking about something else. I’ve spoken in the past about connecting to the All or Nature, where I become part of it and it a part of me. Sometimes this connection is deeper than others and is rarely “complete” or full.

With some spirits, I create the same type of connection when I work with them. It isn’t necessary for conversations, but preferred when using their energies for workings. Or to sit with their energies for whatever reason. A channelled baneful curse is a use case, as is healing.

So is communing with one to become more like them or adapt more fully to their energies. It creates a really strong or thick connection to that entity or current. Probably more useful for those that lean towards demonolatry around here. I used it to attune to Tiamat (daily) for my work with her and it left me pretty chaotic until I adapted to it. It’s not without side effects related to the entity.

As for how it’s done, it grew from a few practices. I’ve never written it down. One practice was listed above, connecting with Nature and the All. The second was partial possessions I was doing daily. In the end, I want to.describe it as a combination of the partial possession and that vast, near complete connection, but it’s all external. I’ve done reverse possessions before and that doesn’t feel the same to me.

With the sigil above, I started connecting in this way automatically. It’s an odd thing to happen and hasn’t before. Not as strongly, anyway. Hope it helps.

4 Likes

I understand thank you for explaining.

1 Like

Respect that you have been able to keep your body and your mind in good conditions while having this as a regular practice. I went through partial possession only once so far in my life and I needed a certain recovery time after that because it was so damn intense :exploding_head: You’re a tank! :smiley:

3 Likes

It was part of my morning ritual on my commute, when I would sing to them and let them come in to taste my breakfast and/or drink. It started with Hecate, then Hel, … It didnt start all at once.

Once Belial and Tiamat were added into it, it coincided with my heavier work with Tiamat starting. I was feeling the effects at that point and would do some in the morning and some in the evening.

3 Likes

So, my (first) mask was a Goetic that literally attacked me several times in my own ritual space. Invited in by Lucifer, not me. It happened several times. My own Adversary. A Goetic Lord that I had not wronged and didn’t know.

One of many God/desses that I fought, seemingly on whims. And now bearing fruit, 3 years later.

I have a friend who has a problem that Satan and this specific mask can help with.

Come, my Lord Satan. But this time, we play the game together.

5 Likes