The Necromancer - Beginning the path - Finished

Probably my last entry for this, outside of updates.

I did my regular prayers for the last time with this work through. It was moving, in a way. I haven’t missed a day of my daily prayers or my blood offerings on them since starting this on 03FEB.

When I finished Azrael’s prayer, he came towards me and offered to do some “work” on me. I accepted and could feel things being done in the center middle and outside edges of my head. This lasted for a bit, longer than expected, but I didn’t have a way to time it.

I finished Santa Muerte’s and she affected the front and front center portions of my head.

Az Jahi reacted similarly to how she did the first time, but there’s a knowing that I will still work with her.

Nergal accepted and I also know I will be working with him and Ereshkigal deeper outside of the book.

I did finish my prayers for 257 and 258. My prayers for my friend continue and should finish on the 8th.

As I look back on what I’ve done and learned from this book, I can honestly say that anyone that actually works through it with intent will learn something. This book is more of a sampling of substance for these entities with enough to keep the active participant busy for a long, long time. Is it for everyone? No, I don’t think it is. Certainly isn’t for raw beginners, but that doesn’t mean they won’t get anything out of it. They just won’t get the most out of it until they have some experience.

I think it’s a good fit for those wanting to get their feet wet, those with some curiosity of the Death current (but not necessarily traditional necromancy), and for those whose who feel the call towards the current or working with the dead, but need a starting point that doesn’t involve desecrating graves. It will take someone used to energy work to get the most out of it.

While I could state some criticisms, I feel they are mostly personal preference. I could’ve ignored most of the materials needed in this book, but that’s because I had alternative means through Death entities I’d already cultivated that would allow this. Graveyard dirt, for example. Technically, swamps could count, too, as could bogs and marshes. Decay us their game and they see a lot more of it than graveyards do.

I know there have been some criticisms and I don’t frankly care. You can’t work through this book without learning something - from the work itself or from the entities in it - which means it has value for a practicing magician that isn’t looking to gloss over it without conducting most of the rituals in it. I didn’t complete them all, finding some unnecessary for my practice or already done in another area. But I clearly worked through most and have journaled it. If anyone else does the same, please let me know so I can follow along!

8 Likes

Congrats?

3 Likes

Thanks. I may do the Connelly Ocat and other books route at some point. I’ll hit your journal up afterwards, so I’m not influenced by it.

3 Likes

Eh, I’m so far off course I don’t think it would affect you.

3 Likes

Nicely done, my friend! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Something I forgot, but to consider if you legit plan on working through her material if you didn’t snag it when it was publicly available with her other files.

3 Likes

Good to know. Thanks, Ket.

3 Likes

Yepper, it took so long I gave up on it tbh, and was surprised to see it in my email :slight_smile:

I haven’t even flipped through it all, but I did notice the sigils and stuff I had to take from other books where there, so it’s handy to have.

3 Likes

Maybe I shouldn’t have bought the 1lb bags of Frankincense and Myrrh. I’ll not go through them. I hope they survive the Pacific.

3 Likes

You should join us in the book club… I’d feel less bat shit crazy since you have amazing experiences… :eyes:

2 Likes

I’ve thought about it, but I’ve been working in tandem with Pele and others here at the end of this book. I set her stuff aside to do the Shadownomicon and now this. I owe her (and hers) some time, I think. I may do the next one, though. She’s waited almost a year.

2 Likes

Well. If you’ve got time it wouldn’t hurt to reach out about the graphic file well in advance since it’s not readily available anymore.

I’m not sure why she removed it from her free files tbh, I expected it to be an exact match for the physical copy of the Keys and it’s not at all.

2 Likes

Great work

1 Like

Popping on here to say that my 9 day ritual to heal my friend has been completed. I also did the prayer to the tablet beforehand, to help bring the spirit of Nergal into my space (and gave it some blood).

In the beginning, I believe I stated that there was a vague recognition from the spirit being called. Then I stated it grew stronger. That didn’t get much stronger once the spirit was in my space, listening to my prayer to it, but there was a shift when I would feel nods or direct acknowledgement to me when I was doing the prayer. I still did it 3 repetitions, 1 time per day.

Today was the 9th day and the spirit on 257 nodded, accepted my additional blood meant for it, and then promptly left to see the working through, rather than nod and fade away. So, it seems that the effort culminates in the 9 days and is then used. I had asked that above (almost without expecting an answer), so I thought I should address it here.

And while it’s not empty, the place is now as “quiet” as it had been. I’ve called on Belial, Hi’iaka, Nergal, and 257 after work for various things, so I’m speaking about the activity of other unknown spirits.

I’m considering closing Hel’s gate sooner rather than later. The activity from the Dead had been ramping up until I opened it. I thought about closing it to see if there is a ramp up afterwards. Since I’m not actively doing Death-related rituals, it may give some weight to whether actively engaging in this path results in increased activity afterwards. I don’t know that I’m a good candidate for this, as I do psychopomp-esque activities as it is and may beacon some for it.

I will close her gate before I leave, as I will with my Shadow gate a mile from here, near the mouth of Pearl Harbor. I don’t want to leave them for someone else to either clean up or deal with.

7 Likes

I wanted to say that I finally released the fish today, both from my service and from their remains. I meant to do it a few weeks ago, but kept getting sidetracked.

I retasked my shade today. Also meant to do that long before now, but same as above. He is getting a lot stronger with each feeding cycle and I’ve noticed that he’s getting more independent (?) as he grows stronger. I don’t know when he’ll be released, as that’s really up to him. It’s also why I still do 10 cycles. Guess we’ll see where he’s at when he returns.

8 Likes

Interesting occurrence tonight that related to this work through.

One of the things I stuffed into my suitcase when moving back to the East Coast was the cigar box housing the stone I bound the shade to. It had been a while, so I placed my blood on the box and called him forth. As I gave him the target, he finally asked to be freed. I verified that I heard him correctly and he repeated it. Very well.

I pulled off the first piece of tape holding the lid down, then the second. As I started on the third, he stopped me and seemed a little fearful(?). I didn’t understand. That was the deal. He asked me to replace the tape and made it sound like he wanted to see if I would really do it.

I’m still a little confused by the incident. Surely, he hasn’t gotten comfortable in some way with his current role…

2 Likes

23 posts were split to a new topic: Tips, traps, and shenanigans

@anon39079500 https://m.booksamillion.com/p/Necronomicon-Tarot-BookWith-CardsWith-Black/Anne-Stokes/9780738710860

1 Like

@Lucy144

1 Like

The day finally came. I saw the box where my shade is.kept and felt him in it from his latest task. Having a responsibility to him, I called him forth. I did not have a specific task for him, but keep a literal list of…things to do…

I called.him forth and felt I should NOT use blood this time. He answered. I started talking to him and he (finally) stated he wanted his freedom. I acknowledged and continued. He said it again.

This isn’t the first time, but it was a bit different. It’s happened a half dozen times. This was different.

I used my gate to Hel’s realm and called her forth. I gave her my observations and waited. He said it again. He had fulfilled his end of the agreement. Could I keep him, of course I could.

But my practice also involves respect.

And so, when he said it the third time, in front of Hel, I spoke the words. I released him from the stone I had bound him to. I released the connection between the stone and the box. I told him how I would dispose of the stone into the Earth, despite cleansing it, as an honoring of our agreement.

And, unsure as he was, I watched Hel lead him away.

I keep my promises to the best of my ability. Even if those spirits are subject to me.

Live free, good sir. Kindly don’t disturb my original friend. I suspect he won’t.

Well, I have an empty cigar box, dedicated to subjected spirits… Oh wait, I have another one just waiting in a stone I grabbed from my backyard. Shouldn’t have brutally murdered your wife.

And you thought you were free when you killed yourself…

3 Likes