The Keys of Ocat: A Necromantic Journey

That’s awesome!! It sounds like it went really well!! I’m glad :relieved: :hugs:

3 Likes

We shall see. We shallllllllll see.

3 Likes

Cool :clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

This morning, I made cone incense for my necromantic workings-both for use similar to smudging, and for rituals. I also made incense for use with the Angels of Omnipotence workings. For banishing I simply used sage and a binding agent, for the Angels of Omnipotence workings I created several types with herbs and binding compound and for the necromantic rituals I followed Connolly’s recipes.

Connolly gives us several recipes for incense, but I found myself not really sure what to do with those, other than compile ingredients as I had never made my own incense before.

As such, I naturally hit up google.

-Frankincense Information, Resins & Oils

Turns out it’s pretty easy, you mix the herbs, add some binding compound and then mix with a enough water to make a thick paste. After you get all mixed up you either use molds or shape it by hand.

As I was making several types, I washed my tools in between each type, and was careful to know what my intent was to focus on during the process. Energy and intent are really super important when you are making your own tools for magical use. I don’t think people say this fact enough.

I often think that one of the biggest reasons people see spells and rituals fail, is they have no idea they were supposed to be focused on energy and intent. See, the way I see it all those thoughts and feelings and whatever is going on in your mind, while you create your tools or work your rituals affect how effective your tools are and how well you get results. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a spell mention that you need to put energy and intent into while you toss in ingredients, but they should. More people would believe in magic if they did, because more people would get results imop.

Honestly I think this is one of the biggest reasons GOM books work so well. The exact steps vary by book and author but often they want you to consider how it feels to not have your result. The point isn’t to make you feel like shit, it’s to raise your emotions.

Emotions are energy, strong energy at that. So they have you raise your energy. Then they have you imagine or feel or think about how great it would be to get that result, somewhere during the ritual, or when you’re thanking those angels or wherever it happens to fall.

So GOM basically asks you to raise your energy, then to direct it at your result. Boom results.

Apply those two things to everything you do with magic, whether or not your calling on entities, and your rate of results will go up ten-fold.

You can thank me later.

Anyways, the point of that ramble train is that I intentionally took a moment to wash my tools and reset my energy and intentions based on what I plan to use the incense for. If you ever wonder why your not supposed to do more than one ritual in a day, or why you shouldn’t have two different candles burning for two very different types of rituals at the same time- well it’s because not everyone is able to do that, and keep the energies separate.

Now then to get back to it, I’ve completed this mornings project, but it will be a few days until I can use my new incense. I’m not sure how they will burn or if the project is a flop but it was pretty neat to try for sure. I have plenty of stuff left over if it worked out well, turns out creating your own incense is actually pretty damned cheap and easy so I am hoping they burn well.

My cones basically look birds nest or some other nature shit. For the most part I used my herb grinder on my flowers and herbs but… eh. It’s not quite the same as if you’d ground it up with a mortar in pestle. My Jasmine was probably a bit too damp, and the lavender was impossible to form but I’m happy with the project for my first attempt. I wasn’t sure if I needed more or less binding compound with the lavender as it kept sticking to my fingers bad, but wouldn’t form into cones for shit.

My cones are also a bit bigger than those I’ve bought in the past- but I’ve never ever bought cones that burned well, smelled good and didn’t explode halfway through so. I figure I can’t have done any worse than anything sold locally around here, and well like I said it’s actually cheaper than any stick or cone incense I’ve bought to date. It would be a bit up front if you needed to buy everything at once, but I only needed to get binding compound and I still have more than 3/4 of a pound of that left. I purchased a pound and used something like 8 tablespoons total so. I’m good to go on it for a while and the pound cost me $12.99 usd, and only took a day to ship via Amazon Prime.

6 Likes

My dreamscape got a little bit scary yesterday morning. I’m going to keep this short and not detail every dream scene and happening but… The shadow that I’ve been allowing to merge with me, began calling my name again a few days ago. I wasn’t going to do anything about it yesterday, but I only had a guaranteed 3 1/2 half hours to nap, so when I laid down, I made the impromptu decision to see if I could use that time to find out what he wanted.

For some reason I was a little bit nervous about opening my personal gates this time. I think it’s because of the dead spirt in this apartment and my sons green eyed monster. It’s one thing to open myself up to a shadow created by someone I love, but it’s an entirely different matter to open myself up to give the shadow control, when things I haven’t fully learned not to fear could stroll on by.

Nether the less, I found myself calling the shadows name, and opening open my gates. Soon, I was somewhere else. It was rather interesting honestly, though it wasn’t places I knew- there were people I knew. It’s not uncommon for entities to jump into my dreams and this dream was sort of an eye opening experience.

See, I already have known that the reason entities tend to jump into bodies that already exist in my dreamscape, is because it takes more energy to take their own form and because it runs high risk for startling me awake, or scaring the shit out of me. I’ve not however comprehended how it worked, and while I like to think I rarely miss an entity in a dream, as they tend to say or do something that makes me go Wait, you can’t know that- because you don’t know that about me, or I’ve never shared with anyone, or I’ve never met you before or whatever. It usually jolts me right into a lucid dreaming scenario, even if I don’t gain control of the dream.

Well like I said, this dream was all about entities jumping into the dream bodies that already exist in my dreamscape. It freaked me out a little bit, because I guess I didn’t realize it was my shadow at first. He jumped into several bodies through out the dream, causing me to not run away, but to keep leaving the area.

He finally got it across to me, that an entity can jump into literally any body, that is currently in my dreamscape. Then when a woman approached, and told him something in the body he was in, he put his hands up next to the left side of my face, and told me to turn to face the other way. I didn’t understand, but he explained that particular body was done. All of the energy it had innately from the dreamscape was gone, and it could no longer exist.

I’m not sure what he shielded me from seeing. Surely they don’t literally deconstruct, or dissolve or just disappear right before your eyes… but I suppose I won’t know till next time as I was afraid of what I would see. It might have been as simple as the body just disappeared from the dreamscape, but I was afraid to see and it probably would have startled me awake.

It wasn’t until the end of the dream, that I realized it was my shadow showing me things- I eventually got to see his form, but I was still a little… nervous, or maybe even a little freaked out by what he was sharing with me. Up until near the end he hopped into the nearest body, to show me how they could move and follow me through the dreamscape, even when I ran. I didn’t run in this dream, but I have run in the past from things in my dreams, that seemed to find me no matter where I went.

My shadow was showing me, that if a spirit knows I am in the dreamscape, as long as there are dream bodies around me, they can enter those and essentially jump to my location. I’m not sure what it is I’m sometimes running from, I just know whatever it is scares me bad, wants to harm me (at least in the dreamscape) and now I comprehend how I can never seem to get away from whatever it is, until I manage to wake myself up, or wake up semi normally.

I’m not entirely sure what good this does me, or why my shadow felt the need to share, but he stopped calling my name after I woke up, I couldn’t forget the dream if I wanted to, so I guess I got the message.

7 Likes

I forgot to mention, that I emailed Connolly before I started this operation. There used to be a graphic file available on her website for the Keys’ of Ocat, I’d seen it in the past but it was no longer available. I assumed everything in the file would be in the physical copy of the book that I purchased for the keys, and I was mistaken.

Yesterday she emailed me back, no commentary or anything but with the graphic file. It has more than the physical book of keys, and while many of the sigils and stuff are in the other books, it’s real handy to have the entire file, so I recommend you reach out to her and get this if you are considering working through the Keys of Ocat and the related material needed to perform these operations.

5 Likes

Cool!!

Did you try her book necromantic sacraments?

2 Likes

I have, I took the ritual for charging items from there, and the initiation ritual I did as well. I haven’t used her prayers or any of the other things she touched on briefly in it however.

3 Likes

Usually I can’t be bothered to do baneful work. A good 'ole FCK OFF takes care of almost anyone that gets in my way, but once in a while, people are dumb fcks. You can take them out to a bar, set them down for a friendly drink, and let them know exactly what will happen if they continue, and well. Somehow they just don’t get it.

I’ve been pretty busy with my servitors and book club, but someone finally pushed me to the line, and well considering there’s only a handful of members on the forum I still respect after the last 24 hours, I now have a pretty open schedule. My book club can figure it out on their own, because I know I sure will.

With all this free time looming on the horizon, I found it a great time to finish up a baneful project that has been niggling at my mind.

I began by mixing to together flour and salt clay.

I then crafted a poppet to resemble my target.

From there, I began creating a mirror box to put the target’s poppet in, so that I would not need to do so after I completed my working. I didn’t have anything small enough, so I made my own box.

After all of that, I was ready to get out my tools and get things ready. I dressed my candles with the death oil I had made from Connolly’s book and set things up the way I wanted them for the working.

I then began by opening the gates of Ocat. I then called upon the spirits that may protect the target, in order to buy them out. It turned out it wasn’t necessary, apparently my targets relationship with them is all an act. This made me giggle- just a little. I then lit my candles and began evoking the entities I chose for this working. None that someone who knows me would expect, but alas- no one actually knows me that well, so no big surprise here.

Payments were given.

Then the working was backed up with my energy and completed.

My power’s turned on
Starting right now I’ll be strong
I’ll play my fight song
And I don’t really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I’ve still got a lot of fight left in me
Losing friends and I’m chasing sleep
Everybody’s worried about me
In too deep
Say I’m in too deep (in too deep)
And it’s been two years I miss my home
But there’s a fire burning in my bones
Still believe
Yeah, I still believe

It’s time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I’m free
Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, let it go
You’ll never see me cry
Here I stand and here I stay
Let the storm rage on

And all you’re ever gonna be is mean
Why you gotta be so mean?
You, with your switching sides
And your wildfire lies and your humiliation
You have pointed out my flaws again
As if I don’t already see them
I walk with my head down
Trying to block you out, 'cause I’ll never impress you

You’ve been wearing that crown and tearing me down
It’s been a while since you’ve treated me right
You strung me along for far to long
'Cause I never gave up the fight, until now
It’s gonna hit you hard 'til you see stars
It’s gonna put through you a world of hurt
Oh I don’t believe in getting even but getting what you deserve
Oh my, oh my, huh
Mama always told me that I should play nice
She didn’t know you when she gave me that advice
I’m through, with you
You’re one bridge I’d like to burn
Bottle up the ashes, smash the urn

Hello darkness, my old friend
I’ve come to talk with you again

I ain’t fcking around.

I don’t fuck with you
You little stupid ass bitch I ain’t fuckin’ with you
You little dumb ass bitch I ain’t fuckin’ with you
I got a million trillion things I’d rather fuckin’ do
Than to be fuckin’ with you
Little stupid ass, I don’t give a fuck
I don’t give a fuck, I don’t I don’t I don’t give a fuck
Bitch I don’t give a fuck about you or anything that you do
Don’t give a fuck about you or anything that you do

I’m a whole different breed, they don’t even know what they are up against.

Homie, I’m a whole different breed
In a whole different league
Look at you and show disbelief 'cause I can see your ho tendencies

The remains were taken to the creek out back, and an offering was made to the local land spirits to show my respect and appreciation.

5 Likes

On 4/21/21 I had one of my notoriously weird dreams, but only a short frame of it matters the rest of it is for me. During the part that matters, I was in a house I do not recognize and I somehow received a knowing, that told me it was time for me to stop skipping days. It was time for me to do some sort of magic everyday, even if it was super minor. I immediately remembered that Oh yeah, I’m working through the Angels of Omnipotence by Tempest and the sigils are all super quick and easy to use. I opened my book and the name I saw at the top of the page was Ariel. I paused with my finger just under the name, No, that’s not right there’s one whose name starts with A and makes me think of streusel but this angel isn’t in the book.

Odd right? Well I’ve not really worked with the angel Ariel, but I figured if they were looking for me I’d project to them and find out what they wanted. On 4/22/21 prior to sleeping, I attempted to do just that. I thought I failed, slept got up and did my normal bullshit. But 4/22 isn’t just any day for me, it’s a day that has history and the shadow was calling my name hard the entire time I was awake. Considering it was the ShadowMaker’s birthday, I assumed it was probably nothing unusual and fck him since he couldn’t respond to a check in about a month and a half ago.* Or at least that was the attitude I wanted to have, tried to have and failed to have when I went to bed.

Instead of going to bed, I decided it was time to get some closure on this bullshit life and laid down with the intentions of projecting to the ShadowMaker this morning. I’ve successfully done so on the occasions where it mattered because he needed to share something, the ones where it mattered to me so I had high expectations about what I was doing and where I was going. I opened my personal gates, and called to my shadow friend to help guide me.

I was pretty legitimately surprised however, that after my normal first failed attempt and trip to the bathroom, that I had only been laying there long enough to trance out when there was banging on my door. I got up, opened it the door and there were a bunch of kids there. My landlord evicted my only neighbor last week, and his son has been going through my apartment, out my half of the balcony and entering that apartment from the balcony, in order to clean that apartment up, so it wasn’t odd but I was annoyed. I didn’t even realize I didn’t recognize any of the kids, I just let them know I was sleeping, this was the only time they were walking through and I laid back down.

Just to have it happen again, but suddenly these kids think my space is there space. They are younger than my kids and younger than my landlord’s son, so I’m not sure how I didn’t put it together or notice the weird little difference in the apartment, but soon I was running a young girl out my bedroom and angry that she’d opened a suitcase full of sparkly clothes. I had already made it clear I wanted to nap and she was getting shit out.

I ran the little girl out the balcony door, just to find myself arguing with a kid who had plugged in an Xbox where my son’s PlayStation normally is. I was so angry that he didn’t ask that I started ripping plugs and tossing that shit on the floor. Somehow none of it busted into pieces and I noticed I had no idea where the PlayStation was but… I didn’t care because how dare they think they could use my shit without asking.

Then there was a woman, and I told her she needed to get the kids out, take that suitcase of fckig sparkly dark blue clothes and she asked about getting the rest of the things. I walked into the bedroom and I was like yeah, needs to happen but I need a damned days notice, and I walked around the room pointing out this is part of it, this is my sons etc and then stated again I needed a day to drag it all out into the other room and have it ready to go.

Weird right, one would assume at this point I was sleeping but I laid back down under my snuggly warm blanket and got cozy, then things really got weird.

Suddenly, there was a guy with me. Skinny, not much taller than me and strangely, someone who I had met while dreaming the day before. He was disappointed I wasn’t on my period because sex is better when woman are, commented about the day prior and then I was like wait, I am projecting aren’t I? It was the only thing that could explain the differences in my environment I’d been ignoring, the only thing that could explain this man that I didn’t know, showing up and knowing me. He was pouty that I was cleaning and the beds were all apart in my daughters room and I told him about how my bedroom was still together.

Instead of going to the bedroom we ended up sitting on the couch, that was across from the couch I was actually on. It looked like a duplicate and I was like, this is kinda weird you do know I’m projecting right or dreaming? That was when he told me he knew yesterday, the first time. It was my energy, it was stronger, more noticeable, my energy is vibrant and it really stood out to anyone on this plane and I was easy to find when I re-entered the plane.

Say what?

Things got real weird for a minute, because I was back on the other couch cuddled into him but there was a woman at our feet. She was acting like she was me, and he was straight up Look, Idk you, but I know her, as he pointed at me. I remembered then I was projecting, was relieved because for a moment I thought I was the one out of place but then I was jolted back to the couch again under my blanket, almost like I’d been up and exerting myself too long.

Then I decided to walk down to check the mail, once again forgetting I was projecting. The stairs were different. Really indescribably different and there were several landings. When I got near the bottom, there was a machine/computer thing hanging from the ceiling and it said, You are admirable for your strength and your courage Keteriya, It’s 11pm say nothing everyone is sleeping. Okay, she used my name and it was a she.

Next I find myself under the damned blanket on the couch, facing the back of the couch just like I had been when I laid down to project… but there was a man in my apartment and he a hard-on, for arresting me. I recognized him and I remember running from him, and mostly I remembered I didn’t do any of the things he was accusing me of. But he had some where machine like handcuffs and they prevented me from returning to my body since I was projecting. I remembered those too, and when he gave me a weird looking recording device to take my statement, I started talking about that stuff, after I moved it closer to me to make sure it could pick up my voice and figured out how to operate it better than him.

I talked about how I’d never done anything intentionally wrong, I wasn’t even from this plane, I was just projecting and every time I’ve crossed paths with this guy, he’s accused me of stuff I didn’t do, chased me, tried to lock me up, and put me in these weird handcuffs that won’t let me return to my body and guess what, I have to do that because I’m not from this weird assed plane…

Then there were others that I recognized but didn’t know. He clearly couldn’t see them, but removed my handcuffs and told me to go. I knew I was projecting so I ran out the balcony door and found myself in a backyard that doesn’t exist. I thought well, I’m projecting so the maneuver that allows me to fly during dreams should work here… And then I failed to fly, and sorta tripped and it was like everything spun for a minute, until I found myself in a deep creek.

The two that had freed me were just ahead of me, but the guy hunting me, was just behind me. I must have been too loud as I went nearer the two that I knew were safe, because suddenly they dove under water and dragged me with them, leaving only a small portion of my head not covered in the water and I thought that was odd, my hair was up and surely that would stand out. The guy however was giving me like a piggy back ride, till all took off running because the one chasing us had spotted us.

I asked the guy who had been giving me a ride, why can’t we just teleport away or something? I Swear I’m still projecting if not dreaming so I don’t understand why we don’t just teleport to some other fantasy land or something. He told me were going to indeed port, but not teleport. I didn’t really understand and just stayed on his tail, not wanting to be captured again.

We eventually ran up on the creek bank far ahead and the nice guy had some sort of bag thing, that looked similar to my cat/ferret tunnel. He told me to crawl in and I did, but I didn’t understand why till I had wiggled my way towards the back of it, and I could see a door in the fabric. The nice guy was still spreading it out but he started screaming at me to open the door and go, so I did. I had a hard time wiggling through the door, it was too small, but then I was on the other side.

I could see them and the bad guy, but they couldn’t see me. I wasn’t sure where the landscape I had been looking at through the door before I’d wiggled through it went, but I was on the other side.

At least until I fell back into my body feet first. I rolled over and grabbed my phone, I’d been gone about two hours, which is pretty normal for a projection. I was kinda happy, because while I didn’t go where I intended I learned a lot of weird shit, though there’s a lot of weird shit I don’t understand too.

Mostly a lot of shit I don’t understand but the whole me standing out because my energy is different and stuff stood out, meeting someone that could track me based on my energy stood out. The fact I still only can control myself in short burst before jolting back to where I am projecting from, stood out. I’ve encountered that before, where it happened faster and faster and eventually I couldn’t stay without help. So progress, because I didn’t need help to stay and there were just a lot of oddities that I don’t know what to do with atm but damned got my magical stuff done for the day and off to sleep where I am safe, with a smile, was where I went next.

I know it seems almost off topic, other than I opened my personal gates this morning but it’s also notice to myself that I need to get back to work on my necromantic projects, and more often than my current pace. I also found myself chuckling because I remember @anon39079500 telling me about how it had become clear to him that he needed to do something magical everyday, even if it was small- a few months ago. I giggled at him at the time, but seems it’s my turn lol.

7 Likes

Ahh, thatsweet, sweet justice…

2 Likes

@Keteriya did you try Baalberith? What kind of workings are compatible with him?

1 Like

I haven’t yet so I can’t answer that question from a personal perspective. I had my kids this weekend and servitor stuff to do before, so I just did minor things the last few days. I am just getting caught up and actually plan to start hitting this hard, starting tomorrow.

3 Likes

That is awesome! When you have time and feel like up to it and write more about it will be perfectly fine :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

I obviously have spent some time reflecting, and doing just one more thing magically than I would everyday, as well as just one more activity than I would normally in my day as far as getting out of my apartment, eating right and things like that go.

Unfortunately, sleep has been a fickle mistress and I’ve been struggling with my daily routine. That’s not incredibly surprisingly with me, change any one factor in life and I go through a period of time where I either sleep way more than usual, or not enough. The trouble has been I’ve wanted to sleep, and have found myself instead trancing out for literally hours and even if I’m going to bed at 2 am dog tired, I’m still awake at noon without any sleep and then I end up sleeping until late in the evening.

It doesn’t really matter, I do always prefer to be awake at night, but it’s thrown my schedule a bit off and left me feeling at times rather unmotivated.

Despite this, I seem to have an influx of entities reaching out to me. I started my last week with an entity that’s name I won’t share while projecting, then Ariel popped up in my dreams, and then the next day I ran into Lord Bale while projecting. Bale, I’m assuming is Bael, despite the fact it sounded just like hay bale to me, and they appeared to have a head made from a skull- cow, horse or something to that affect. Anpu has also been around recently, dreams about an ex forum member cursing me, and my ex-mother in law popped up randomly on my social media liking my profile pictures. :thinking: :smirk: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Tuesday, I also noticed that the Lily’s I planted were begging to pop up. I had three bulbs so I was excited to see all three peaking out at me.

Then last night I get up and found that while I was sleeping, I purchased a book that I had not come across before.

Entering Hekate’s Garden: The Magick, Medicine & Mystery of Plant Spirit Witchcraft: Brannen, Cyndi: 9781578637225: AmazonSmile: Books

I found that odd, as yesterday morning I came across a thread where @DarkestKnight mentions that Jason Miller has put together an entire system of magic dedicated Hecate. I wasn’t surprised as I read his Protection and Reversal Magick defense manual, more than a year ago and noticed Hecate was a big deal to Miller but…

I dedicated my Lily’s to Hecate when I planted them, and I keep having odd random thoughts about devotion, entities, and Hecate. So I did some looking around and ended up getting his book on Strategies to practical magic, just to see if any of it included Hecate, with plans to reread his defense manual in the near future. Wasn’t really sure what I was looking for.

But I managed to find exactly what I was looking for in this book that I purchased while I was apparently sleep walking. (again- guess it’s just part of life at this point) It’s pretty religious as far as the author and their position on Hecate goes but, I found why the book was for me, rather quickly.

Plant spirits, are something I’ve encountered and that I plan to spent a lot more time with in the future, particularly now that I have windows and a balcony, and places I can grow things. I was just like wait, in all I’ve come across about Hecate, I’ve not encountered this association with plant spirits- somehow, but I should have!

I found rather quickly the author of this book feels about plant spirits the way I do, that each plant has a main/master spirit or archetype and most if not all individual plants have a more minor, individual spirit that has a similar feel as the other of the species do- essential each plant species is a race of it’s own spirits.

I ended up returning my kindle version of this book, and ordering a hard back. At first I thought maybe this new found working meant I was done with the Keys of Ocat, but I realized after quite some time contemplating, it’s really just an extension of the work I’m doing with this. I’m using herbs and plants with this work, and I’ve worked with Hecate several times already, so I I think it’s more of a call to go deeper with Hecate before I move through the rest of the entities as I keep on planning to do.

Each time I go to start it however, something comes up, and I find myself delayed another day. I never consider it a major ordeal, I’m doing something magical everyday, I’m working with the sigils from the Angels of Omnipotence as I still have a commitment with several more angels, though I’m no longer working at the pace of the book club and honestly I have plenty of time in my day and this authors banishing methods and rituals for working with the plant spirits and Hecate as well as her daughters fit quite nicely with what I’m doing with the Keys of Ocat.

As such, I’ve decided to consider it an extension of this work, a deepening of the relationship I’ve only just began to have with Hecate and I’m going to include it with this journal, as eventually I know the phase will pass and I will be onto working with the other entities related to the Keys of Ocat as well.

Unfortunately I don’t blow through grimoires like @anon39079500 :frowning: or at least those that I have, I wasn’t comfortable sharing and this one is a lot of deeper work, and really transformative to my life and my practices, rather than me just evoking one being after another for specific tasks.

Oh and my 3 Lily bulbs, decided to give me four sprouts yesterday. I was super happy with three, and downright ecstatic to see four, would be the addition to my little family.

5 Likes

Your thread is absolutely amazing. The Info is Gold. Hecate, Circe and Medea how interesting and cool is that?!

Bael is the Ruler of Oreb Zaraq, the place of the ravens and even if is a Venus qliphoth is related to the beauty of working with the dead and the death.

1 Like

Interesting, I’ve not really worked with Bael so it was surprising and I just figured sometime soon I’d reach out and see if there is more than that brief message for me or not :joy::laughing:

2 Likes

I started today a little late, errrr rather early for today and late for yesterday. I was going to go to bed around 5 am, then figured if I just got started doing things, goodness knows I’d be a little bit happier and nothing takes as long as it seems, or is as much trouble as I make it out to be.

I began with banishment from -Entering Hekate’s Garden: The Magick, Medicine & Mystery of Plant Spirit Witchcraft: Brannen, Cyndi: 9781578637225: AmazonSmile: Books

It is a Khernips ritual, so something a little bit new for me, but I really liked it. If you don’t know what Khernips is, I’ll let you google it or here is a link I found- this is written similar as far describing the purpose of the ritual as the book I am using.

Making Khernips | Hellenic Faith

Of course, I had to improvise a little since I only have dry and ground herbs for what the book called for, and I didn’t want to substitute today. I’m sure in the future I’ll try it with sprigs of herbs, but for today, I just smashed a charcoal disk, lit parts of the fragments, covered it with herbs then proceeded to follow the rest of the steps for the ritual. I really liked this type of banishment a lot.

Next I went back and forth playing video games and doing mundane things for the majority of the day. I finally realized late in the afternoon, that I might as well go ahead and get started on my altar closet.

Yep, you heard me right, altar closet. I had the fantastical notion the other day, that I could slide a piece of furniture, into my bedroom closet and voila! I can create an altar on top of this furniture, and use the storage below for my magic shit.

Cool beans dude. I always thought I didn’t have a place I could leave things up but…now that I’m turning my living room into a bedroom for my son and keeping the bedroom, I can’t see any reason not to use the closet this way. Granted I may have to put my foot down once @anziel_merkaba gets here at the end of the month, and maybe get a tape measure and show how I can slide it alllllllllllllmost all the way to my side of the closet, soooooooooooo nooooooooo ya girl man, ya not loosing closet space for your miraculous polo shirts and khakis. I promise. If not too bad, I decided and ya not here to argue with me (physically) right now, so there. Hah!

Altar closet it is. So I moved this black furniture thing to the closet, and began moving things around and then it hit me. I didn’t know how I was going to decorate this or what I was going to put on it, I just know that right now for a little bit, this new space goes to Hecate.

Got it. Okay well I’ll figure it out right? Right, I sure did. I decided to make… Idk what ya gonna call this other bullshit dedicated art lmao…So guess I’ll just show you what I did.

I had this metal tray thing I got my from my step-gram when she was still talking to me, and I like it but it’s just sitting around chilling. Taking up spacing and not paying rent. Well now it’s paying rent as I used it as a base for my clay altar center piece. It looked exactly like this before I fckd with it- I just forgot to take a picture of it. Thank you Home Depot, for always having the same product at a higher price. It means I can always find photos when needed. Anyways I made flour and salt clay, and I rolled it out, kinda, sorta- not all that smooth cuz I suck ballz but…. I did my best and then…

I sat there.

Huh. Now what? I swear this was a great but…………

Oh… Duh.

Herbs. Flowery herbs. I like those, and I’m almost out of lavender and it’s my favorite so… I’ll press herbs into, so they stick and make my surface textured. Boo-yah, defeated the ferocious your works not smooth monster in one fell swoop.

I wasn’t even down with that, when I realized I could draw Hecate’s sigil from Connolly’s books on it, and gosh I never have the right size candle holders and always have to melt wax off the bottom to make them stand up… but they are no drip so…why don’t I make built in candle holders…

And so I did. Oh what am I going to color the deep indentations I made for the sigil, with? Blood red.

Great, I don’t have anything blood red, I don’t think. But I kept on working on my project and before I was done with the previous, I realized I did have hibiscus flower petals, for tea. The look like a mixture of deep reds and pinks to me. I think that’s close and even if it’s not-it’ll stand out against the clay and lavender.

So that’s pretty much all I did, because after that I had to put it in the oven to bake, for about 3 hours. I could have done more piddly things with my new altar closet while I waited, but it didn’t really make sense to get too far on it, until I get the center piece on my table and decide how I want to do things around it.

My kitchen smells amazing today, even if it looks like part of my clay got too cooked.

Oh my lily babies are doing fantastic as well, btw.

6 Likes

It’s been so long that I don’t really know which ramble train to get on. I’ve been doing things, but my life has been much fuller than usual, so I just haven’t had time to sit down and write about any of it. It kinda makes me wonder if this journal is worth keeping, but I guess time will tell.

I don’t normally have much of a social life. I spent most of my years as a mom, someone who worked and I came home after work and took care of a family. Friendships outside of work never happened and rare are the people I liked at work to truly consider them friends.

I’ve spent the last year nearly holed up by myself. After the weather got to cold for my lungs in October, I don’t even go out except to buy smokes. I’ve considered walking a few times for minor groceries, but it’s a pretty long ways and I’ve just not felt up to it. Riding the bus to town is a pain because I need to take at least three buses to get anywhere, there’s a lot of wait time in between and I have to be back at the final bus switch by 3:30 pm period or there is no way home.

So, with this is mind I tossed out a tarot reading about two weeks ago that indicated my social life over the next month was going to be brimming over. Sure @Anziel_Merkaba is moving in with me on the 29th, but that isn’t going to change the lack of friends I have.

Interesting enough however, it came up in conversation with my old man friend the last time he stopped by, that I hadn’t seen a particular person since I’ve been home. Like my old man friend, he used to sit and watch over me while I was pregnant and working alone late nights about 13 years ago.

Friday, I walked out my apartment long enough to go across the street for smokes, and on my way back to my parking lot, I saw the guy I had been asking about. My old man friend walks up and before you know it, I have someone safe that I can trust to take me to the bar, to hang out with, to game. Someone who knows a bit about my history and ex, so he doesn’t believe the rumors- like me he can feel someone out and know more than he should.

Retired Marine, that then went into the army because he was bored, hit a semi truck head on with his motorcycle and lived, and well him and my boyfriend talk about cars for what seems like days. But I was really struggling to relate to the car thing, even though I usually can be interested and supportive in whatever the interests were, this one gets me because of past trauma. Well my new friend makes it funny, and understandable, and is into the suping shit up so its fast and fun and dangerous and ridiculous and even though I am a truck girl lol. I didn’t think about how fun it could be to have a couple of car supe up a Chevy Colorado for me lmao.

So my life’s been fun and busy. It’s kinda of nice to live for a change, I’ve been needing and wanting this, but there’s so few people in this town that I can trust, and tolerate that it’s ridiculous. Most of them believe what they hear, and that alone tells me they aren’t worth my time. They should have known me better.

Anyways, I realized I forgot to update that I finished my closet altar and I think it turned out fantastic, considering I only used materials I had on hand. It’s not even, it’s not perfect but in my mind it’s pretty damned cool. I’ve had the closet door latched so to speak so the pets can’t get in it, but when I opened the closet to take pictures to post here, I noticed something really weird with one of the candles I put in it.

It’s really strange, because I know my kids didn’t get in there and I know my pets can’t and I’ve had the door shut for like two days, while I’ve been out and about so wtf.

Then I noticed I have a sea shell turned upside down, but I didn’t notice it until after I took all of the pictures. I righted it, but I’ll post the picture of it upright, so maybe you’ll notice it upside when you look at the rest lol.

There’s a lot of things going on, on my altar. Most of them mean something to me, though I’m sure some of it may allude the rest of you :stuck_out_tongue:

So other than that, I’ve noticed that I’m manifesting a lot of things simply by thinking something along the lines of I need to do something for this, or I’d like to have that. From help moving the boyfriends things in because my lungs suck and I’m not that strong, to a ride to town to get my meds instead of taking the bus, it seems here lately I’m having way more manifest without effort than usual. I’ve experienced it all along like most, but not at this level of think it and a few days later it’s taken care of without any effort from period.

It makes me pause and wonder if it has anything to do with this altar and the path of devotion I’ve decided to trek down. Don’t confuse me for a meatbag worshipper, because I still don’t worship anything or anyone but. It has come to my attention more than once, that devotion and honoring something or some entity does not require worship. I know Ea mentions the path of devotion and the rewards and power that can be gained in one of his books, but I can’t recall which off hand.

In other news, I very excited have $196 worth of herbs coming my way this week. Not just herbs, actual plants. I was downright tickled when I was able to talk Anziel into see this huge window ledge in the kitchen, and the balcony… I can so make this an indoor outdoor herbal thing, so that I can grow herbs and plants year round…

So things are good and none of the work I’ve actually done seems worth mentioning atm, but I figured I’d catch ya’ll up. I think next on my agenda is opening the gates and trying to reach my daddy. It won’t be today, but soon. I’m not sure why but it hit me hard this morning that I need to.

I know my daddy hung around for about a year after his death, he visited me a few times while I was pregnant with my daughter, then she was born and I’ve not seen him since. I’ve encountered other dead relatives, like my stepmother fairly regularly here the last few months so it strikes me odd. I was super close to my daddy and not my stepmother so I can’t quite work out what the difference is, unless it’s he reincarnated and she did not. I figure it’s about time I find out.

4 Likes

I’m super excited because one of my boxes of herbs arrived early.

It really doesn’t take much to make me happy. This particular bunch was a bundle I got off Amazon (I have reasons but they be mine).

-https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07MVVTGHD?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title&th=1

I was under the impression I was going to get six random herbs and I’m ecstatic that I somehow got two lavenders out of it. I almost purchased two of this bundle because I wanted two lavenders :laughing:

They are a little root bound, so I’m going to need to transfer them ASAP- I wasn’t expecting that but they are all alive and mostly pretty healthy looking.

I wasn’t expecting two lemon balms, and they look like they’ve been watered just a bit too hard but that’s okay- it’s an herb I have been using a lot in my necromantic work so it’s all win in my mind.

I even got a guide for dummies :laughing::smirk: doesn’t hurt to refresh my memory tho, it’s been about two years since I had a garden and about 16 since I had access to a green house to play in all I wanted.

It is interesting how the card lists the six herbs I was expecting and I still got two duplicates, but I’m not sure I want to complain because I definitely wanted two lavenders.

6 Likes