The Necromancer - Beginning the path - Finished

As a side note, it is noteworthy that I’ve been told that I don’t need to do the daily Death meditation with Hel anymore and Az Jahi told me that I would get diminishing returns from my Invocation of the Blood Moon daily ritual. This happened a few days ago.

Nergal came as I was done with my daily “prayers”.

N: " Your tablet sucks."

M: “It does, but I made it with as much ‘love’ as I could muster that day. Want some beer?”

(My tablet was made with wheat flour, instead of sand, and I was going to carve/chisel his name into it, similar to Galdring a rune. It’s been drying for two days, after being cut in half…)

(I set the rules and invited him in for 3 mouthfuls of beer. This improved his mood. His words when I asked him if he wanted to come inside were along the lines of …
‘Why would I want to go inside your pathetic, weak distasteful body?’
‘Do you want the beer or not. Only offering I’m offering right now’ No hesitation.)

N: “Continue on. You will not steal Pele’s sand, due to your commitments and respect for her. I approve. Instead, find me a weapon you will part with, consecrate it to me, and use it as the tablet.”

M: "I acknowledge and appreciate that.

He nodded and left the area, but I could still feel his awareness. I also thought I felt Ereshkigal’s observing. Maybe she had a hand? I don’t know.

I went through the shed, where I knew I should look (without knowing why). Nothing jumped out. Different types of hammers from metal work, farm tools made into other tools (pieces of steel made into chisels, for example)… Nothing jumped out. “Don’t overthink it, I heard him say”. Very well. Hard task for me.

Finally, after opening drawer after drawer and bin after bin, my eyes rested on a use tent stake and I completely dismissed it. Where was my collection of Goodwill bulk knives I ordered years ago and saw just a few weeks ago?

No, I felt drawn to this one stake. Not any of the others. A used, stainless steel stake. Dirty, slightly bent… I knew it was it, but why? A simple, steel, tent stake…

I was impressed with a few things. The sharp end to stab them with (or run them through, if longer). The hooked end to snare them or their weapons with before their death. The space between, that long, strong bar of solid material, to press upon them when they’re on the ground, sometimes the chest, sometimes the neck, watching their life leave them…

Yes, this was acceptable to him. I offered to clean it, but he declined. It was still functional, without being clean - as a weapon. Fair enough.

I performed the Consecration of the Tablet of Nergal on this tent stake.

N : “I accept this spike, that I may plant heads on it when I am bored and people on it when I am not. This is a worthy vessel of me. Others should go the same way, if it strikes them so” (find a suitable vessel, if a tablet won’t work, isn’t feasible, or for some other reason.)

He left.

I have a working relationship with Madame Pele that is pretty solid. I will not steal rocks, coral, or similar from her. Not just because it’s illegal here in Hawaii, but because I respect her, the land, and the land spirits. I refused to steal her sand. Sure, this meant I would walk into a hardware store and buy X pounds of it, which I would also waste, but that wasn’t the point and Nergal knew it.

However people want to paint these deities with their own views, they aren’t unreasonable…provided there’s a good reason. Laziness isn’t one of them. Instead, I used wheat flour and water. Nothing else. I cut the dough in half, left it in the sun…and waited…and waited. I put it in the microwave overnight to make sure the Western Asian Mongoose wouldn’t eat it and, on the off chance, my starving cats, 2/3 of which are on diets.

So yes, my tablet sucked. But hey, that flour was bought years ago. So, it seems to have panned out in the end, after I watched over and flipped this wannabe tablet every few hours and put it in the microwave overnight…

Yes, it failed, but there was an acknowledgement of the effort made and genuine intent to carve his sigil into it, when using a pair of scissors to mimic the shapes failed several times didn’t work out. So, put the effort in, genuine effort and genuine attempts, and let the rest go.

8 Likes

I did the Calling of Nergal using the alternate idol set up last night. It went well enough. He accepted it. Now, there’s a period of rumination and connecting with that power for a while to tap into his current. This should last at least a week (3 for maximum effect, in the book), but Nergal said he’d let me know when it was time to continue.

Since I was done with this part and had spent some time with the idol, it was time to move on to the next task.

Today was the day the sigil (from page 87) had to stay in the urn. It certainly smelled like the urn.

I pulled it out and ran through the Evocation Method given starting on page 88. I liked the wording and it’s an evocation method. I wondered why it was in there, until I remembered that there wasn’t any sort of basic evocation method referenced anywhere else for someone to use. Made sense.

I want to try it on one I haven’t used yet before making the call. I do like the wording, but I’m still not feeling the Invocation of the Powers of Death. The Qabbalah and it’s shadow version are of no interest to me, so the ritual itself just feels like empty words. I’m sure someone that’s studied them may get something out of it. I don’t think I’m going to include it in any more of my workings. But if I do pathwork either of them, I may revisit this ritual to see if it changes things.

This song came to mind after coming out of ritual. I did these two and a personal one.

English translation for this song with credit at the bottom.
The field

is sleeping

And rooted to the ground

it’s howling

Shivering will be stopped

Bodies will be saved in the field,

in the ground,

in the ground,

You must reborn

and destroy

The enemy, destroys me

and bring me back again

Destroys, destroys, destroys…

5 Likes

I called forth my bound shade from his container to go forth. New target, 10 days. He was certainly stronger than last time, so the previous target had served to strengthen him.

The wasn’t a battle of Wills or similar. Just an acceptance of the task and a slight eagerness to see it through. I may hear about this one, but 10 days isn’t a long time. I do have to keep my word to him.

The other day, after my prayers, it became clear that things had shifted with Azrael, Santa Muerte, and Az Jahi. Daily prayers weren’t “needed” anymore. I’ve still done them and still gave blood.

It’s clear that the deep dive is slowing. I’ve been communicating with Nergel, while I meditate on his idol, as he instructed me to. I’ve been giving it a drop of blood as I do so, the same as I did the candles for the three above. I’m waiting on the Hook of Irkalla to be done on the 29th to complete the last few rituals for Ereshkigal. I suspect I will continue to work with her from time-to-time.

Concerning the spirits from 78-87, I can see calling them for specific purposes, but not working through them one at a time. There’s something I liked and would find valuable from each (have some plans for my favorite target types with some of them). In truth, I will be diving into more Elemental entity work after this and I’m not sure that working deeply with the necromantic entities would serve me in that undertaking.

6 Likes

Several entries for today. This is the first.

At the end of my daily prayers, Azrael tapped me on my shoulder. This was unlike him.

A: “Use the Skull of Death relic.”

I had been thinking about a working to go after a sexual predator and he indicated he was referring to this. I couldn’t shake the feeling that more than one person was involved. Not necessarily with direct abuse, maybe, but had culpability.

A: “Attach them to the Skull of Death relic. (Things) will be waiting on the other side (to siphon off their life force).”

He indicated that this shouldn’t conflict with my current intent to use Ma’at, Abaddon, Belial, and the Shadow People.

7 Likes

Vengeance Spell of 26MAR21

Evoke Hecate and Hel.
Evoke the victim

• Explain the plan
  • Offer to sever their connection to their bones
  • Explain the ritual and offer to let them watch before moving on

Evoke Ma’at, Belial, and Abaddon

• Ask them for all signatures of the perpetrators

Open the Skull of Death Relic

• Bind each perpetrator to the skull
  • Anchor each binding
  • Make sure energy is flowing one way (to the Skull) and being taken by something

Ask Ma’at to deliver general justice

Ask Belial to make them pay for the Death chains they placed on the victim and equivalent traumatic chains (not going into detail, but things were seen and equivalents asked for - with interest)

Ask Abaddon to destroy the obstacles in the way of Law Enforcement and the Judicial System, destroy their “manliness” both outside and inside of prison, and their lives in general.

Finally, call forth Legion and the Shadow People, to torture them with their own shadows…until…that stops and ceases to be…

7 Likes

Ritual music to get into the needed state - Dahila’sTears Descendants of the Moon. The Gate of Immortality linked here

I performed the ritual described above. Here are some of the details.

The most important is that I decide to assume my Godform. This had ramifications I wasn’t expecting, but describing some of them would mean tedious discussions about what my normal interactions are like versus what happened here (for the same spirits). It would take a while and detract from this entry.

When evoking Hel and Hecate, I heard Hel tell me to open a gate I have for her, which I did. She came first, with Hecate right behind. It was the easier route than evoking both. I don’t know why, as I interact with both environmentally almost daily. This was a formal ask, though, which are different. Each stood on either side of the gate, waiting for the victim.

I evoked the victim next. Rather than force her to come (and induce more trauma on a potentially confused and traumatized spirit), I coaxed her with will, but not compelling her to come. She did come and I felt badly for her, despite my trance. I did evoke her into a triangle, but once it was clear she would stay, I removed it and let her move around my ritual area. She was grateful to have some direction (Hecate and Hel). I indicated what I was planning to do and she didn’t want to watch it happen. She did want her link severed, which I did for her before she left with Hel and Hecate. I closed the gate as they left and burnt my offerings to them.

That was the most important part of the ritual to me. Plenty followed, but Hecate brought me to evocation and the MHP, LHP. “Duty” done.

I evoked Ma’at, Belial, and Abaddon individually. While I could ask Ma’at to call the other two, I didn’t need to do this and I felt (in this case), that it would short-change their involvement. We’re not talking about a conversation where I get schooled about something, but retribution for a lost life.

I asked them for the signatures of those involved. I got two. I asked about the third, but it wasn’t someone that needed “Justice” according to Ma’at. She should know.

I opened the Skull of Death relic and once it started buzzing, I called for Anuas to make sure “something” would be there to catch the first target (and any after) when attached. He said everything was ready and I could feel his involvement, but he wasn’t going to be the one taking it.

I transferred the first signature and attached it to the Skull. I then anchored it with a binding and waited. I felt something (didn’t recognize it) grab the binding and attach to it. I could feel the energy flowing one way (into the Skull and disappearing).

I repeated the same with the second. A second entity was using the second attachment. Frankly, bother were “hungry”. Almost ravenous. Fitting.

I then turned my attention to the roles I had asked for Ma’at, Belial, and Abaddon.

Ma’at agreed. But Belial wasn’t quite comfortable. This left me confused. Many chains were put upon that poor victim. But the way I had phrased it, I was asked him to do the same, effectively asking him to chain them. So, I asked Belial for equivalent justice for trauma inflicted, which he absolutely agreed to, without hesitation. Abaddon agreed without issue. I thanked them, burnt their offerings, and turned my attention to the next part of the ritual.

I formally called Legion and the Shadow People. Normally, this meant I opened a gate/portal to them and spoke with the “Eye” of Legion (having an established relationship), with the collective listening behind. But as I started the process, I was told to dispense with the portal and the offering (unusual).

Since I had assumed my Godform, I offered the perpetrators and their suffering as my offering, under my authority, by my name. The Shadow Gate, a mile from my house, was used as their access point. They weren’t coming because Norse900 was calling, but under the authority of my Godform, my Higher Authority, for lack of a better term. This interaction was the most distinct, given the amount of time I have spent with Legion and Co.

I had dozens of Legion’s members inside my ritual area, with more trailing off out of sight that I could feel. It was a VERY strong showing for a cause I’ve (unfortunately) gone after before. Very strong and I attribute this to my asking as that higher form, formally.

Remaining blood offerings were burnt. The ritual was closed. Those asshats are toast. I’m still coming down from ritual. That was a rough one.

9 Likes

I heard Ereshkigal’s call and knew the Hook of Irkalla was ready. I already had a target in mind.

Rather than evoke the target as I normally would, I used the methods given in the connected rituals. My neighbors kept causing minor disturbances, but I managed to return my focus each time.

As the target was bound upon the hook (my treble hook), I asked for one for each leg and the third for… I could feel him being drug down and was satisfied.

The ritual(s) went pretty smoothly and I liked how the different sections were presented. Made it a lot easier when there isn’t a lot of text between them. It was a no-nonsense, easy to implement ritual that I plan on using again.

Outside of the healing portion that would warrant putting in here, this concludes my work through for Ereshkigal.

8 Likes

I was nudged by Nergal last night to start looking into what remains for his portion and to start coming up with a plan for how I was going to tackle it. Last night wasn’t the right time. This morning was, though.

I performed the Invocation of the Lord of Plague just after breakfast. Didn’t plan it that way last night, but could feel him watching and expecting me to do something. It was the logical choice.

Instead of dressing the candles with the oil mentioned, which I couldn’t find a recipe for in the beginning and I’m not paying for dyed, inert oils, I used my blood. As I opened the idol, I found I have better success if I start to open it visually, then close my eyes and strengthen the connection energetically by feel. I do the same thing with sigils for the Goetics and it’s just my way of getting a better connection to it. May have something to do with closing the eyes off and reducing stimuli, but that’s for another day.

My incense was to the side and not in the center area as it is suggested. I wasn’t pulling from the smoke, but from the idol itself. I found that even when exhaling, I was still pulling it into my left hand (so I’m not breathing in volumes of smoke that could cause pain similar to pleurisy in my right lung). Normally, I don’t notice pulling in energy while exhaling, but this time, I could feel myself filling up regardless of my breath. I kept pulling it in and started “compacting” it when I heard Nergal say it was enough for the task.

The rest is pretty straight forward for a curse.

There was only one section of wording that I didn’t resonate with much, but it does fit with the way the ritual is done physically. I felt like I was simply adding another infraction to a target that already had several to begin with.

If I do this ritual again, I may actually do it as a partial possession with Nergal, which I’ve done with other entities.

What’s left? Only a few more rituals. They have the dreaded 9 day wait time with most of them. I believe this is to be more fully invested in the ritual and to marshal more internal resources for the ritual itself to help sway the success of it.

The Prayer of the Tablet should’ve been immediately after the creation and consecration of the tablet and I made a note to do it when the idol was brewing. I’ll start adding it to the list of daily prayers and songs I do most days of the week (songs M-F), which is now at 10 on weekdays and 4 on weekends, including Nergal’s.

I don’t currently have a use-case for the entity on page 255-256, but would try it out when I did. I may have one for the entity on page 257, if the person agrees (I don’t know how sensitive she is to this type of energy).

I will be doing the prayer on page 258 tonight, after hiking today, since it is for protection. The 258 one is repeated for 9 days, but no mention of why or how long the protection lasts. Does it only last for those 9 days? Does it need repeated and, if so, how frequently?

Following that ritual, I will perform the Awaken the Armies of Nergal, but I’m back-and-forth on which target to use. One is a very hard target, exceptionally hard. Which makes me want to try it even more. Really, it comes down to fulfilling a petty want vs making a multiple offender pay. I’ll reflect on this a bit during the hike.

8 Likes

I did the Prayer of the Tablet today, when I did my other prayers for this current. I did get a reaction from my idol. It resonated with it (the prayer). Nergal was here afterwards and bid me to go into the Awaken the Armies of Nergal ritual right then, instead of waiting for later that evening.

I didn’t use either of my original targets. Instead, a conversation with a friend led me to target a group with unknown people (1 was known). I complied and went into the ritual.

Since I’m not using a Tablet proper, I turned my substitute into a portal to act as a gateway for his servants to come forth into my space. I kept calling and willing more to come until he said there were enough for my task.

“Flesh was stolen and heartache given. Flesh is owed and heartache earned” was part of my instructions.

I absolutely plan on using this again.

I thought I was done, but Nergal bid me to continue with 257 (then 258). I had reached out to my friend to assess their comfort levels for this, but Nergal insisted I do it for myself, too. If my friend agrees, I will do another ritual for them.

It was after 257 that he said to do 258, for protection. He told me afterwards that I was already in the ritual zone and the environment was already prepared. They were petitions, so I didn’t need to be concerned about draining myself (and I did take the time to do each request properly). I had planned to evoke the spirits originally, prior to the petition, but he said this wasn’t necessary. For learning, sure, but there were no alterations needed to warrant an evocation. I could feel them as I said their prayer. They were listening.

I have a feeling my work with Nergal will continue after my work through, as will my work with Az Jahi.

9 Likes

Nice! Sounds like you made good contact and are getting some more of what you wanted! :hugs:

1 Like

Short post tonight. I wasn’t planning on posting anything, but wanted to note that the two entities (9 day process) both came into the ritual space tonight. Last time, I felt their attention, but during their prayers (which I repeat 3 times - Nergal’s advice) they came into the space as I was doing it, by the second repetition. I was focused on the prayer and the intent of the prayer, so I acknowledged them, but didn’t look at them closely.

10 Likes

Norse900 Im willing to buy the book. But in terms of practice it is 100% necessary to sacrifice an animal and go often in graveyards? I’ve done those kind of things in the past and i don’t want to do it again.

2 Likes

I sacrificed a large centipede and that was it. My graveyard dirt isn’t any stronger than the dirt Hel added Death Energy to, so you could go that route, too.

My advice is to get what you can and substitute what you can’t. But doing the work is the most important thing.

4 Likes

I heard back from my friend and have started her 9 day ritual this evening. Since it also calls upon the entity I’m using for my own healing, I do theirs after mine. The entity is already present at that point.

I’ve noticed last night when doing the prayers for 257 and 258, they were obviously listening. Tonight, each acknowledged the requests.

I can say that I haven’t seen improvement with the areas I was looking to get some healing done. I continue to use them and exercise, but am not doing anything excessively strenuous. Walking and running on flat-ish surfaces. I can say that when I normally get some aches and pains, Leviathan swoops in and does his thing to help my continue and get home, but since I started this prayer approach, I haven’t seen him.

I did hear from my other friend that I did Ereshkigal’s exorcism for. He got improvement, but isn’t completely free. I repeated it tonight. I did speak with her about it and I can’t explain much more to respect their privacy. I did want to update, since I brought it up in one of my entries above.

The other day, Hel came to me at work and suggested I do the Death Energy meditation. It was lunch time, so no one was really around or paying attention, so I did it. She then told me to pay attention and repeat what she was doing.

She pulled the same energy from inside of her and formed it into a spheroid. She told me to choose a target from my list for mine. She had me build mine up from the energy I just took in from the meditation, while repeating my intent to it. I sent it off. Nothing spectacular, right?

She handed me hers and told me to give it the intent of feeding off of Death and Decaying material that occurs in the body (as long as it wasn’t necessary for a beneficial process). I could feel the cleaning process of the Death Energy meditation early on in the process. I’m not doing the meditation as much and this is a way to get some of that benefit. I was thankful.

She then had me anchor/bind it inside of myself. It didn’t occur to me until later that it could come in handy if I got hit with that type of energy by a person or entity. Thought I’d pass that along.

10 Likes

I was doing my prayers first thing in the morning and started in on the prayers for 257 and 258. 257 is for healing and I could feel there’s a disconnect of sorts between me and this spirit for my request, but not really for my friend’s.

Nergal was still in the area, so I put it to him. It seems that me using this entity isn’t going to work out well for some reason (he wouldn’t say why). This is not the case for the spirit on 258.

I tried getting more information from him, but the most I could pry out of him is that this spirit just isn’t likely for me, meaning it won’t be as effective for me.

I will continue the process and see it through and can call on this one for others. Just not for myself.

8 Likes

I decided to celebrate Easter by calling forth my shade to go after four people that tortured and killed a cat last year. Since the justice system in Hawaii is lax as hell, I decided the time was right. Especially for the woman aiming the compound bow. May she rot and my shade will see that she does for the next ten days.

I will say that after each ten day tasking, he’s become much stronger. I seem to get a nudge to re-task him and look to see that it’s been ten days since the last. It’s usually exactly ten days. I don’t know if the nudge is coming from him or me (or someone else), but it’s worked out in my favor so far.

7 Likes

Probably my last entry for this, outside of updates.

I did my regular prayers for the last time with this work through. It was moving, in a way. I haven’t missed a day of my daily prayers or my blood offerings on them since starting this on 03FEB.

When I finished Azrael’s prayer, he came towards me and offered to do some “work” on me. I accepted and could feel things being done in the center middle and outside edges of my head. This lasted for a bit, longer than expected, but I didn’t have a way to time it.

I finished Santa Muerte’s and she affected the front and front center portions of my head.

Az Jahi reacted similarly to how she did the first time, but there’s a knowing that I will still work with her.

Nergal accepted and I also know I will be working with him and Ereshkigal deeper outside of the book.

I did finish my prayers for 257 and 258. My prayers for my friend continue and should finish on the 8th.

As I look back on what I’ve done and learned from this book, I can honestly say that anyone that actually works through it with intent will learn something. This book is more of a sampling of substance for these entities with enough to keep the active participant busy for a long, long time. Is it for everyone? No, I don’t think it is. Certainly isn’t for raw beginners, but that doesn’t mean they won’t get anything out of it. They just won’t get the most out of it until they have some experience.

I think it’s a good fit for those wanting to get their feet wet, those with some curiosity of the Death current (but not necessarily traditional necromancy), and for those whose who feel the call towards the current or working with the dead, but need a starting point that doesn’t involve desecrating graves. It will take someone used to energy work to get the most out of it.

While I could state some criticisms, I feel they are mostly personal preference. I could’ve ignored most of the materials needed in this book, but that’s because I had alternative means through Death entities I’d already cultivated that would allow this. Graveyard dirt, for example. Technically, swamps could count, too, as could bogs and marshes. Decay us their game and they see a lot more of it than graveyards do.

I know there have been some criticisms and I don’t frankly care. You can’t work through this book without learning something - from the work itself or from the entities in it - which means it has value for a practicing magician that isn’t looking to gloss over it without conducting most of the rituals in it. I didn’t complete them all, finding some unnecessary for my practice or already done in another area. But I clearly worked through most and have journaled it. If anyone else does the same, please let me know so I can follow along!

8 Likes

Congrats?

3 Likes

Thanks. I may do the Connelly Ocat and other books route at some point. I’ll hit your journal up afterwards, so I’m not influenced by it.

3 Likes

Eh, I’m so far off course I don’t think it would affect you.

3 Likes