Should You Warn: Baneful Castings

I have read where a select group of sorcerers have sent warnings before rendering a hex or curse. Many accounts both fiction and non-fiction details revenge with messsges of intent to there victims.

Anything from painting a pentagram on the intendeds door to letters with personalized sigils in blood. One account lists sending a slain cows heart with a nail driven through it to a person they thought had transgressed.

Opinions, has anyone proceeded with an occult warning or is the hex or curse warning enough.

12 Likes

These are more to cause the victim to think its happening and thus make it happen over just doing it yourself, at least to me.

8 Likes

@anon48957109 You mean to frighten or intimidate the person?

2 Likes

If I use bane I never warn…give them no chance to defend or know who came at them. I can and will, wait for years before striking. #savage

20 Likes

I “warn” so far as I tell them to cease and desist before the situation escalates. Letting them know the curse is going down is more for intimidation and letting onlooking know not to make the same mistake.

5 Likes

I don’t warn either, they ought to know better. I don’t need to intimidate. Bane suffices to get my message across. I have a huge tolerance, however…which is perhaps for the best, given my policy.

4 Likes

Some like to make the victim do it themselves. It does intimidate however a novice could easily be convinced to act or feel in a way that makes it seem like they are cursed.

3 Likes

I’m more action oriented in these situations. Warnings do nothing other than give prey time to run and prepare.

5 Likes

Interseting. If you were to give a warning regarding a hex what would it be?

2 Likes

I am Inego Montoya. You keeled my father. Prepare to meet your doom.

8 Likes

Karma is always an easy way to trip someone up.
Not hard to convince someone they’re having “bad karma” because of something they did.

I think it’s lazy but it’s easy to mess with a person’s head.

4 Likes

OOOGA BOOGA BAD KARMA FOR YOOOU basically?

5 Likes

Lol ya.
I’ve seen so many come to this site who have created their own curses and there isn’t even someone “after them”. :rofl:

If you can manifest your wishes you can definitely manifest your nightmares.

4 Likes

I personally wouldn’t, just send a Spirit looking like this to their door with no word, if they piss me off enough that is.
I’m normally very mellow lol.
Hellraiser%20dog

5 Likes

Isn’t that considered “lesser Magick” where you tell someone what your going to do before you carry out the task?

1 Like

I’d call it ruin-the-surprise (RTS) magic. :joy::rofl::rofl::joy::joy:

5 Likes

“Headology.” Aka a mindfuck. Like @anon48957109 said.
Anything dramatic is going to be to leverage the effect in some way, for fun and profit.

Also, some people will not warn as much as claim they did something. But the only reason for doing that imo is because they actually can’t do said thing at all… If they could they would just do it, not help their opponent by telling them exactly what it is they need to counter.

I think whether you want to warn or not, and how, will depend on the situation. There’s is no ‘should’ in black magik because there are no rules. Common sense still applies.

4 Likes

Cool image, demonic canine…

2 Likes

Insightful great information, link was useful as well.

2 Likes

Seems like a bad idea: if you’re working against them, far better for them to be ignorant until it’s too late.
As @anon48957109 said, it’s a way for very weak/incompetent sorcerers to cast a curse, without having to manifest genuine results. It’s worth bearing in mind though that this method will fail for anyone even remotely doubtful of the occult. Keep it quite and strike when they’re at their weakest.

4 Likes