[Peace Treaty] Community Unity - No More Politics

Bullshit. That’s so fucking arrogant I can’t even word how, properly. We are above the mundane? Then stop eating and breathing, because politics are a part of life, just as sure as food and air are. This is an attempt to pander so BALG can draw revenue from demographics that are politically opposed to most of us. This has nothing to do with ascent.

Yeah, we are above the mundane. That’s why we can’t talk politics anymore. But here’s a spell to help you finger-bang your long time crush and vanquish someone who hurt your feelings or offended you ego… Because that shit is not at all mundane and clearly leads to ascent.

Give me a fucking break. Timothy is a fucking hypocrite in making this kind of statement.

9 Likes

I’m gonna hijack this thread real quick again, and suggest that if the Big Brother instinct tickles your nose again in respect to religions, that you’ll be opening a million cans of worms! Politics are a Martian dish with Venusian flavors, AKA if you’re worried about the emotional appetizers that come with the dish that is political talk, throwing religions into the censorship pile will super-charge the confusion!

Let’s use the space below this as a whiteboard. Marker time! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

When somebody names a physical thing, they put information in energy (re: ‘this is’ and ‘I am’ are just the same meaning). That information talks to the energy and tells it how to behave and form itself, which happens before someone actually names anything since the senses are constantly rerouting like the world’s shittiest GPS. When more words are tacked onto the name, AKA when the name is described as its own concept, this adds restrictions to the energy. This is why people list ‘love spells’ and not ‘spiritual actions to get that roommate you have an unconscious secret affection for to recognize and reciprocate the emotions you feel’! Specificity is Groovy, but people get turned off when you turn it on too soon. Since the universe talks to people in symbols and layers, nothing happens in a vacuum, even vacuums vacuum something! By saying ‘you guys can’t talk about this stuff in particular’ you impede the freedom of the energies of the thing you’re ignoring in the place you’re talking about. So if you were using the Martian or Venusian or Mecurial or Lunar energies that occurred here, and were born in the political threads, for anything in particular, you best find yourself another waterhole or fix! You may call politics ‘unspiritual’- cough cough haven’t people called wealth, love, health, and ‘you name it’ unspiritual for their own reasons? cough cough but since they’re how the majority of people get controlled, well you’re just wrong, Tiny Timmy! Politics is a study of how the Left-Hand affects the Right-Hand, or how the individual affects everybody else. Philosophy and religion are two peas in a pod, so their essences aren’t interchangeable per se but they definitely are made of the same stuff! :slight_smile:

Unlike politics though, religions are highly individual and come with their own protections and powers. So if you target religions, not only are you castrating a concept that you yourself use, as well as most people that buy your shit! Setianism, Satanism, Anti-Cosmic hoohaw, nihilism, and their entourage are all equipped with their own thoughts, but they also belong to concepts, which have their own thoughts, and so on- its an endless fractal that you’re trying to chop up and box up! You will be affecting everything around you and then some by creating limitations. Religions are rife with more sentience than politics are, sorta by design, though, so if your crew has their own stuff going on with the energies of these religions or philosophies, you will be affected! That’s how karma works- getting hit by the shit you didn’t, couldn’t, or wouldn’t see. This falls into that last category by way of intentional limitation!

You’re playing with fire here, because the distinction you’re making is an arbitrary, unspecific one that not only hurts your town and yourself, but pigeonholes you. Good luck catching grenades! If you’re extending your bias to religions, you’ll get the fresh new DLC, timed-release lightning grenades!

If somebody wants me to open up that can of worms big time, just let me know! Because this is an awful move for what is supposed to be a ‘place of liberation’, and I can just go and on about why that is! :slight_smile:

Long story short: ‘Peace Treaty’ and ‘Unity’ aren’t the words you’re looking for. Try ‘New Stipulation’ and ‘Conformity Required’. AKA a sure way to get somebody’s ire! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Lol, this ^^^ is right on point. Well explained, and obvious to anyone who genuinely gives a damn about anybody’s ascent other than their own.

Please, do continue. Perhaps bring this outstanding line of reasoning to it’s logical, full-circle conclusion and explain to the folks who are “above the mundane” as to how this leads back to banning political discussion, or any other path of discussion that is within the realm of law.

Ire achieved. I saw a meme not long ago equating BALG as the “Five Finger Death Punch” of the occult communities. It has now officially down-graded itself to “Nickelback” status.

7 Likes

I have never took too much part in political threads … however this feels controlling too me. Just like all things black magicians fight against.

Idk about this.

Next we won’t be able to talk about LGBT issuses either … I mean that riles people up too. . Let’s bow to the system altogether and pretend in our heads we are black magicians.

This feels weak.

But alas it isn’t my forum so not my rules.

11 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing::smile::smile:

3 Likes

Arianna, it does not just feel weak to me, it IS weak.

I’ve been cruising around the forum and I am seeing posts get locked and unlisted left and right.

This is fucking pathetic.

6 Likes

I was trying to be nice … but yea it is.

Also …there are ways to ignore threads you don’t want to read. I don’t see why we need this.

I’m a God damn Black magician ffs

7 Likes

what about destroying heirarchy (id suggest just making threads like those not seeable without an account)

2 Likes

Well hell …
Let’s only be allowed to talk about rainbows and bubble gum and pretty unicorns.

Nothing else should be allowed ever…
If you think or speak outside of those topics you will be hit with electricity until you comform

11 Likes

So, we can’t talk politics.

But I guess we can’t talk religion, because it almost invariably leads to some aspect of politics. I guess this is why the working against Islam thread got taken down.

How about economics? Economics go hand in hand with money, money magick, and…politics. If you don’t think political climates can effect your money magick, then you probably don’t understand how money works. So we should probably just stop talking about that, too.

I also just saw a thread where a person read negative energy off of a political pundit. A PUNDIT, not a party, not an ideology… a fucking commentator. Because the guy talks about politics, so it is indirectly about politics, so we aren’t allowed to discuss it. @Lady_Eva is this a sick joke?

What about environmental threads? Environmental threads have a tendency to fall back on ideologies and politics, so I guess we should just stay off that one too, right? And all of that is just soooo mundane and having nothing to do with magick. After all, we only fucking live here…

Exactly. Where is the line drawn, or is this just a poorly veiled attempt to create a justification to ban anything not convenient to the site owner’s agenda? Because, in a round about way, damn near anything could fall into this shit storm in one way or another by sheer technicality.

Well fuck, guys, with this new censorship I feel more god-like all ready. LMFAO!!!

6 Likes

I’ve seen magical orders torn apart by political attachments and the people who harbor them. One of my own friends and his associates were magically attacked because someone hated them for having political opinions that didn’t match her own.

For all of the effort made by people to magically control the political narrative, they could have been far better off pursuing goals of personal enrichment. Be it literal riches, a better love life, better health, spiritual immortality in some form, and yes, sometimes magically slapping down those who needlessly obstruct your progress or bring you hardship.

We don’t need this place turning into a magical warzone between political factions. That’s what Facebook and Twitter are for.

4 Likes

Seriously it hink many overreacts,
Basiclyvtjis aint a forum about politics and there are tons of other places to talk about that.
And besides its still allowed in pm so its not totaly controlled.
It seems the political threads for some reason got more momentum then anything else and it was all about bad mouthing some ppl or groups and had nothing to do with magic of ascension or anything that in my mind is the basic idea for this forum.
Besides this forum belongs to Balg they can put the rules they want and If you dont like it by all means leave, surely ppl leaving will be misses but life moves on.
As for islam being political or not Well that depends on the context i guess, talking about it from a religious perspectiv should be fine but from a political stad point no.

Nothing against this new rule and will try to restrain myself so i dont break it by misstake.

4 Likes

Damn daemons were right. Shit is changing fast

10 Likes

I guess that would have to be a PM, because hierarchies are just another way of saying political pecking order in one way or another. So no go. You can’t take down a hierarchy without targeting a politician, party, or ideology.

Feeling god-like yet?

6 Likes

What you said(;

Like I said …there are ways we can ignore any thread we don’t like or wish to see…

Can you imagine the flags that are gonna be handed out for this :joy::joy::joy:

I flagged because they said trump in a sentence.

5 Likes

yea, if its legal issues just restricting threads like these viewable to members or regulars would fix it.

2 Likes

Good. That is exactly what should happen to an order comprised of magickians too incompetent to sort things out amicably.

Case in point as to why it is a shit idea to encourage attainment of magickal skills to any old asshole that wanders in off the streets. For this exact reason, how do you find the politics to be more destructive than the people weaponizing magickal knowledge to force an ideology?

This is exactly why it needs to be allowed. Know your potential foe, especially if you are getting intertwined with them in spiritual matters.

7 Likes

To be fair, although I’m just a newbie I lurk a lot, I haven’t actually seen that here. On BALG, did any topic that touched on politics become “divisive” or “irresolvable”?.. are there any examples? I can think of other topics just as divisive to just as few thin-skinned people that are still ok - necromancy for example, why not them too? One was moved to the lounge, so why not just say ‘keep politics to the lounge where it can’t be Googled’?

So, may I ask what actually triggered this? It feels very fear-based to me. Given that I don’t understand either the need for a ‘peace treaty’ when there was no war, or how silencing discussion and exchange of ideas can achieve ‘unity’, it makes me wonder if there isn’t something else behind this. Did the credit card provider have a negative opinion and get nasty? They are known for that. Another forum I was on this past year had to delete huge swathes of it’s subforums and content to please their payment processors; “needs must as the devil drives”.

Of course I’ll keep the new rule, that goes without saying. It does mean I have to recalibrate my comfy view of the forum from a speakeasy down a bit, but it’s still a great reference tool for sharing the study part if not the working part.

I do find it ironic that one of the working threads that’s probably gone was all about helping silenced people get their voices back. Who knew we should have “looked to our own house” first? :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I think it’s good to have at least one place without politics. It gives breathing space. At least to me. I understand this choice since after all, this is supposed to be forum for black magick. :slight_smile:

1 Like