Origin of the Shem Angels

I should start of by saying I want to try to keep the conversation away from Annunaki non-sense. You know who you are.

We all know the 72 Shem angels are dervived from arranging some letters in the book of Exodus a certain way.

It should also be mentioned that the Tetragrammaton when added up in a certain manner adds up to 72.

Some people claim this means that the 72 shem angels are under Yahweh.

In my personal experience, the angels just seem like spirits of their own volition, “under” Source just like the rest of us.

Still, in most Magick books I come across having to do with the Shem angels, YHVH is almost always invoked in one form or another.

So I ask you, in your experience, are the Shem angels under Yahweh, or “under” Source.

2 Likes

I would say source. They are emanations of the one encoded in the Hebrew Scriptures.

There is an interesting theory that the qlippothic manifestations of the 72 are the goetia demons. So far from my research that seems to be lining up.

3 Likes

I’ve considered this as well.

The uniqueness of their energy however leads me to think otherwise.

The 72 thing is very interesting.

Maybe the 72 in Yahwehs name, as well as the 72 demons and 72 angels seems to be pointing to the fact that ALL is “under” source.

72 is itself an interesting number.

So I am not sure the energy is unique. For example if you read “Black Magic Evocation of The Shem Ha Mephoresh” and compare the qlippothic manifestations to the descriptions of the Goetic demons, there is a good amount of overlap.

For example the qlippothic manifestation of Vehuiel is related to covering and uncovering occult knowledge.

Guess what Vassago specializes in? The discovery of occult knowledge.

Same with Hetziel and Paimon. Hetziel in qlippothic manifestations has to do with influence, and King Paimon is all about influence.

2 Likes

That book basically confused me the first few reads. It’s still above my comprehension, though from what I understand the author prefers the psychological model over the spirit.

I can definitely agree there are many overlaps, but I still feel like the overall correspondence is forced, and highly JCI based.

When one thinks of them as independent spirits, it kinda throws the whole 72 correspondence out the window.

1 Like

@Under_the_Skin So it actually doesn’t throw it out the window because Tristan Whitespire in Goetic words of power discovered a correspondence between astrological conjunctions and the different sephiroth of the tree of life and the Shem angels AND astrological oppositions and the Goetic angels, as being the negative aspects of the Shem angels. It’s very very interesting.

I’ll post a couple pics from the book “Goetic Words of Power”

1 Like

I’m still not convinced. Seems like an interesting system though.

1 Like

Definitely intriguing! I’ll have to bring it under my experience with the spirits I know and sort of feel it out, like with Belial, Paimon and Asmodeus.

1 Like

YWVH could be assumed as the source in a different perspective from what I understand.

Very nice you posted this picture. You see that the zodiac signs are divided in many sections, 72 in this picture.

In Vedic astrology these are called nakshatras, they are constellation of the moon, they act according to the moon. They represent the 72 virtues or qualities of the mind given by the holy spirits.

It’s a very crucial concept in astrology cause it helps to calculate the timing of when certain planet will give result. For eg when are you gonna get married, get a job, have kid etc… and what will be your mood in general in life. You are already assigned to a particular Shem Angel when you are born.

Look out for the Shem angels in charge of the day and hour your moon you were in. That Angel will always be with you

And the Shem angels will help to predict exactly what kind of story you will be playing out throughout your life. Each nakshatra have a myth behind and usually a person’s life will play out the myth at least in a symbolic manner.

Nakshatras or shem are extremely important in astrology even perhaps more than the zodiac signs.

I would say they are from the source cause they are universel not only specific to one god.

3 Likes

Interesting. I thought there were only 27 nakshatras

1 Like

I don’t understand why this is a question… Have you found that people get confused between pre JCI Mesopotamian deities (2000 BC) and the Kabbalistic Shemhamphorash Angels from Exodus supposedly found in the 12 Century AD? … None of names even match. :thinking:

Depends what you mean by yhwh. Wikipedia has a handy disambiguation for this.

If yhwh IS source as the tetragrammaton, it’s the same thing. If yhwh is a petty desert king called Yahweh deified, then, source. If the angels are Kabbalistic personifications of the human psyche as modelled through the Sephiroth, source. If source is me, they’re “under” … well, me.

I worked briefly with all of them and did not at any point involve any other beings but themselves.

You’d be surprised. I thought you’d have seen it all by now lol. I’m not interested in publicly shaming anyone.

Not necessarily the shem angels, but definitely Yahweh. I really don’t wanna stir the conversation up.

Not yet, not with the Shemhamphorash, they’re usually very clearly understood to be their own thing.
… You might be thinking of the Watchers? I’ve seen them get talked of in ET theories, which by extension connects then to the Sitchin theories of the “Anunnaki were ancient aliens” thing, and that confuses people into asking if the Watchers are Anunnaki, and the answer is clearly no.

Well, good, that would be against the rules. Posts of that nature would be deleted without notice.
Please feel free to flag if you see any drama mongering like that. :+1:

Yahweh was a Levantine deity, and a “national god of the Israelite kingdoms” … nothing to do with the Mesopotamian Anunnaki. We have about three other threads ongoing about that name and it’s various uses so something could always be moved into one of those if needed.

Oh, if you mean me, and my working theory that Levantine Yahweh as talked of as a man in the bible could have been an alien, that’s also nothing to do with the Anunnaki, Watchers, or the tetragrammaton. It isn’t relevant to the Shemhamphorash either. If you hadn’t said that I wouldn’t even have mentioned it. :innocent:

In the origins of Christianity, what is the Abrahamic God actually supposed to mean to the original (I presume) mystery cult? It feels too reductive to say they just meant Source.

Im aware. Others, not so much.

I wasn’t referring to you

I would say it’s the opposite: source is the most expansive thing possible, since it’s literally absolutely everyone and everything, within and without. Source is god by another name, and we are all god and god is everywhere. It’s so expansive it’s impossible to understand or define.

What I mean is, what exact concept of Yahweh were they using amongst themselves?

Did they really mean a concept like Source or was it a different meaning or just a construct they tacked onto him to make him seem all-encompassing?

I was wondering that too, I’m not really sure and it makes a huge difference.

They are 27 nakshatras but when the moon crosses each one of them it creates in total 72 combinations or yogas hence the 72 virtues
And each nakshatra is divided into 4 padas ( sub nakshatra)

27x4= 108

Now you see why a mantra is repeated 108 times. It’s to activate each aspect or intelligence of the mind

2 Likes