Nightside's Journal

Friday (Venus), Jul 2, 2021

Dreams: None recalled

Physical Notes: None

Mental Notes: None

Synchronicities: Seek out today.

Psychic Exercises: Color balls today , to size or large orb. Yellow Orange and Blue.

Layered Spell: Studying

Enchantments: Studying

Servitors: Studying

Egregore: Studying

Scans: Owe one

Object Sensing exercises - Studying

Evocations - NONE.

Tarot Readings: NONE

Meditations:
Astral Temple - NOT DONE
Core Shamanism - Studying
Breathing - DONE. 4-4 count.
Tree merging/grounding - NOT DONE

Seven Day Mental Thought Control Challenge - START Day 1
Location - Home.
Environment: Bedroom
Posture:
Time: minutes.
Distractions:
Breathing: in silent out silent, 4 fold count.

Visualizations -

Rituals:

Shields -Studying

Wards- Studying

Grounding - Breath, in present

Readings: BALG. My notes and journals. Therapy journal and handouts. Golden Dawn (Regardie)

Will update when home from work

Friday (Venus), Jul 2, 2021

Physical Notes: None

Mental Notes: None

Psychic Exercises: Color balls today , to size or large orb. Yellow Orange and Blue.

Evocations - NONE.

Tarot Readings: SHS, TCR
Split Hexagram Spread:
Greater Spiritual Influence - Empress - Multiplication, Creative Power
Lesser Spiritual Influence - Ace of Cups - Root of Powers of Water, Seed of Love
Spiritual Advice - Tower - Awakening
Unconscious Desires - Ace Wands - Root of Powers of Fire, Seed of undertaking
Conscious Desires - Justice - Eqiuilibrium, Balance
Practical Advice - The World - Cosmic Consciousness
Final Outcome - Knight of Cups (who I would become? A bachelor?)
Tarot Contemplation Ritual - Chariot - Limitation, fence, circumscription, to be enclosed or guarded.
Meditations:
Astral Temple - NOT DONE

Location - Home.
Posture:
Distractions:

Visualizations - Money coming to me; vined self

Rituals: QC/LIRP(Earth)/QC

Shields - QC/LIRP(Earth)/QC
Wards- QC/LIRP(Earth)/QC; Visualizing Earth/Trees/Vines
Earth

• Ground as you enter your home and reconnect with the earth
  • Negativity falls through cracks in the ground
  • Vines trap anything you want to keep out
    Psalms 91, x seal on every door, window, wall, ceiling/floor and license to depart.
    Grounding - Breath, in present moment/Body Awareness/Relaxation
    Centering - Rite of Elemental Equilibriation

Readings: BALG. My notes and journals. Therapy journal and handouts. Golden Dawn (Regardie/Cicero); Occult Fundamentals/Magic and Meditation (Case); Quareia Apprentice guide; OAA Discourses; Modern Magick.

Now thinking of fourteen journals:
Journals 1-7 Case Spiritual Unfoldment Stages
Journal 8 - Astrology
Journal 9 - Alchemy
Journal 10 - Qabalah
Journal 11 - Tarot
Journal 12 - BALG Magic
Journal 13 - Quareia Magic
Journal 14 - Hermetic Magic

Working on Rituals. Wards, and Shields atm. Centering and grounding too. Then psychic exercises and meditation.

Was thinking about the Split Hexagram Spread and Gematria - PD = def; ThL = lat – d.e.flat?
now listening to:

Chopin - Nocturne in E Flat Major (Op. 9 No. 2)

Once I start evocation, will be a while, but should give me more time for the spirit roll call/new names threads to be updated.
Just did QC/LIRP/QC (Shielding/Warding)
Just did Centering/Grounding(Earth)/Warding(Earth)

Preliminary Meditative Work
Daily Awareness Exercises:

Darkness Technique: Before the commencement of any meditation, breathe deeply and rhythmically. Cover your eyes with the palms of your hands; overlapping the fingers of one hand with the other. You should experience total darkness.

Sense Awareness Techniques: For the duration of a week, take a daily walk and make a mental note of everything you see, not focusing on anything in particular. Do not attempt to analyze or make judgments; merely observe. Keep a journal of your observations.
For the following week, take a daily walk and stop, deliberately focusing in on one particular object. Take note of everything concerning this object.

On the following week of daily walking, try to look for a single color each day. On Sunday look for orange; Monday-blue, Tuesday- red, Wednesday yellow, Thursday-violet, Friday-green, Saturday-blue-violet (indigo).

For one week concentrate on the various sounds that are heard on the daily walk. Stop at certain times and close your eyes, so that the faculty of sight does not interfere with this exercise. Do not attempt to analyze or make judgments; merely take note.
For the following week, take a daily walk and stop, deliberately focusing in on one particular sound. Take note of everything concerning this sound.
For one week, take note of different tactile or touch sensations that you encounter during the course of a day. Stop at certain times and close your eyes, so that the faculty of sight does not interfere with this exercise.
For one week, take note of every taste that you encounter during the course of a day. Stop at certain times and close your eyes, so that the faculty of sight does not interfere with your sense of taste. For the following week, focus on one particular taste.
For one week, take note of every smell that you encounter. Stop at certain times and close your eyes, so that the faculty of sight does not interfere with your sense of smell. For the following week, focus on one particular smell.

Exercise:
It is vitally important that in the quest to exalt the health of the Spirit, the student does not neglect the health of the body. Physical well-being and endurance are essential to the magician who wishes to perform lengthy rituals as well as Astral work.
During this probationary period, the student should begin a regular discipline of exercise to maintain physical fitness. We leave the choice of exercise to the individual student; swimming, biking, jogging, martial arts, aerobics, yoga or some other. Israel Regardie recommended that the student perform certain exercisesthat are designed to raise both the physical and psychic vitality of the practitioner. They are taken from a small pamphlet by Peter Kelder called The Five Rites of Rejuvenation or The Eye of Revelation. These exercises can also be found in Donald Michael Kraig’s book Modern Magick (pages 222-229).
Whatever form of exercise is undertaken, the student should never overwork to the point of strain. If one is not used to exercise, begin slowly and gradually. If health concerns are an issue, consult a doctor before commencing any form
of physical exertion.

Visualization Exercise:
Spend a few moments of each day in this exercise. Begin with the eyes closed and
relax, breathing deeply and rhythmically. Then open your eyes and gaze into the palm of your left hand. Imagine a small yellow lump of a non-sticking substance formulating in your hand. It is somewhat clay-like and elastic in consistency. Cup your right hand over the other and press this yellow substance as if you were making a hamburger patty. Then begin to roll the substance between your hands as if you were making a meatball. When the image of the yellow ball of astral substance is very clear within your mind, place it somewhere near you. Repeat this technique three more times, forming next a red ball, a blue ball and finally a black ball.
When finished, place all four balls in a row. Visualize them strongly. Then concentrate on dissolving the balls one by one, starting with the black ball, followed by blue, red and finally yellow. See the area where the balls were-placed as totally clear of the astral substance.

2 Likes

Ciceros self initiation book I presume?

1 Like

Yes. Posting it here as a reminder for myself to do it since I spend a lot of time here.

Looking at Core Shamanism,and taking notes. Altered States of Consciousness at will reminds me of the “Instnat Alpha” trick Laurie Cabot wrote about in one of her witchcraft books.

1 Like

Good advice for me to live.

Amon or Asmodeus?

Tarot Contemplation Ritual:
VIII: Strength (Teth - Serpent; Geburah<—>Gedulah), Alchemy, dominate the self, tame the red lion through purity and skill. Dominate the material.
Bottom of Deck: XIV - Temperance (Samekh-prop; Tiphareth<—>Yesod). Transmuting energy and matter and spirit. Michael.

Saturday (Saturn), Jul 3, 2021

Physical Notes: Pandie slept with me, so didnt toss and turn much. Job interview today.

Mental Notes: None.

Psychic Exercises: Color balls today , to size or large orb. Fruits. Sense Awareness Techniques: For the duration of a week, take a walk and make a mental note of everything you see, not focusing on anything in particular. Do not attempt to analyze or make judgments; merely observe. Keep a journal of your observations. Take note of everything concerning this object. Blue-Purple (Indigo).

Evocations - NONE.

Tarot Readings: TCR
Tarot Contemplation Ritual - Strength - Dominate matter and self through spirit. Geburah<—>Chesed
Bottom: Temperance
Meditations:
Astral Temple - NOT DONE

Location - Home.
Posture:
Distractions:

Earth

Grounding - Breath, in present moment

Centering - Rite of Elemental Equilibriation; Body Awareness/Relaxation

Readings: BALG. My notes and journals. Therapy journal and handouts. Golden Dawn (Regardie/Cicero); Occult Fundamentals/Magic and Meditation (Case); Quareia Apprentice guide; OAA Discourses; Modern Magick.

Journal 8 - Astrology
Journal 9 - Alchemy
Journal 10 - Qabalah
Journal 11 - Tarot
Journal 12 - BALG Magic

Working on Rituals. Wards, and Shields atm. Centering and grounding too. Then psychic exercises and meditation.
Listening to Celtic relaxation music.
Once I start evocation, will be a while, but should give me more time for the spirit roll call/new names threads to be updated.

Indigo comforter which Pandora is sleeping on, wearing an indigo cardigan zip sweater with pockets. Indigo pot container of buds and pipe. Indigo tea/coffee mug.

1 Like

About to review astral senses and other tutorials.

Mum was talking about taking me with her to her walks. That’s a good exercise to do during it…also the nudge I needed to get out of the house. I’ve unconsciously become a hikkikimori.

1 Like

Sunday (Sol), Jul 4, 2021

Physical Notes: Pandie slept with me, so didnt toss and turn much. Job interview today.

Psychic Exercises: Color balls today , to size or large orb. Fruits. Sense Awareness Techniques: For the duration of a week, take a walk and make a mental note of everything you see, not focusing on anything in particular. Do not attempt to analyze or make judgments; merely observe. Keep a journal of your observations. Take note of everything concerning this object. Orange.

Evocations - NONE.

Tarot Contemplation Ritual - Strength - Dominate matter and self through spirit. Geburah<—>Chesed
Bottom: Temperance

Meditations:
Astral Temple - NOT DONE
Breathing - DONE. 4-4-4-4 count.

Location - Home.
Posture:
Distractions:

Earth

Grounding - Breath, 4-4-4-4 in present moment

Journal 8 - Astrology
Journal 9 - Alchemy
Journal 10 - Qabalah
Journal 11 - Tarot
Journal 12 - BALG Magic

Listening to OG Hip Hoppers

Diet: Have not eaten yet, and normally eat one meal a day.

Clothing: Orange v-nect tshirt, chino-kakhi shorts, tube socks. Different that my normally wearing khakis or black pants anda dress shirt.

1 Like

Went outside, smoked a joint, then as I noticed the sun horizontal with my forehead, I framed my hands up in a zelator-theoricus discipline, and said the first invocation of the sun:
Hail unto thee, wha art Ra in thy rising,
Even unto thee, who art Ra in thy strength,
Who travellest over the heavens in thy bark of the sun,
Tahuti standeth at the prow, and Ra-Hoor abideth at the helm,
Hail unto thee from the abodes of night!
Followed by sign of silence.
I take it this might not go over at churches…

1 Like

Went out for another J, and to adore the sun, formed fire triangle with hands and said Sols names ending with Sol, and comtemplated my soul.
Listening to:

then

and

1 Like

General Tarot reading, Split Hexagram Spread.
To make it more interesting, while knowing the stages of unfoldment and the master tableau, and the SHS, I did it in two rows of three.
Greater Spiritual Influence
Lesser Spiritual Influence
Spiritual Advice
3 Empress 1 Magician 20 Judgement
3+1+20=24 2+4 =6 (Venus, same as Empress)
Gabriel. Through creative power and correspondence.
Unconscious Desires
Conscious Desires
Practical Advice
Final Outcome
11 Justice 21 The World 8 Strength
The other two rows have arrived from the Master Tableu in some arrangement,
11+21+8=30, 3x10
Balance, unhampereed and unrestrained you being your spiritual self through the white queen taming the red lion.
7 The Chariot
Stands between hte pillars, guarded and protected
Deck 18 The Moon
Bottom 4 Emperor

Perhaps because Im looking up Militay Spec Ops PT requirements, to compae to what I can do?
Through skill and focus using the law of correspondence causes change, perhaps end of a cycle. Possible through the creative imagination. Perhaps yellowing and whitening? Uprising? Waking the dead?

Venus powers Libra, Mercury powers Earth/Saturn, Fire powers Leo.
Actting thru/upon Cancer?
Daleth-Beth-Shin, Door and House and Tooth(that which tears)
Lamed-Tau-Teth. Whip and Seal/Cross and Serpent
Cheth. Fence/Enclosure/Hedge

Awaken to truth, tame lower self, and you will be guarded.

1 Like

Petitioned Archangel Michael, thanking in advance.
Lit candle, said petition, thanked and extinguished candle, opened Temperance card.

Saw the streets of gold, the seven pebbles, the three rocks, and the two slabs, one foot resting on as leg or prop while other is in the pond or pool of consciousness.
The abode of the crown is in between two mountains, and the same brilliance is reflected in michael … he bears red wings of passion and fiery energy.
He transmutes the senses between the cups.
He bears a tattwa, a triangle in a square, and a headband bears an emblem of the sun, Sol.

Did Tarot Contemplation Ritual and drew Temperance.

Tried to open hand chakras by clapping, and then started to rub my hands vigorously until it felt fiery, and imagined a red ball grown to a dodgeball size, bounced up and caught it.
Will proceed.

Hit with all five elements, felt each in their weight, texture or consistency.

Oh, and hot raspberry sweet tea and combos pepperoni pizza tastes like pepperoni and pineapple pizza. Yum.

1 Like

Monday (Luna), Jul 5, 2021

Psychic Exercises: Color balls today , to size or large orb. Fruits. Sense Awareness Techniques: For the duration of a week, take a walk and make a mental note of everything you see, not focusing on anything in particular. Do not attempt to analyze or make judgments; merely observe. Keep a journal of your observations. Take note of everything concerning this object. Blue.

Evocations - NONE.

Tarot Contemplation Ritual - The Sun
Bottom: Magician

Meditations:
Astral Temple - NOT DONE

Location - Home.
Posture:
Distractions:

Earth

Grounding - Breath, 4-4-4-4 in present moment

Journal 8 - Astrology
Journal 9 - Alchemy
Journal 10 - Qabalah
Journal 11 - Tarot
Journal 12 - BALG Magic

Expanding TCR to SHS, I then had:

Spiritual Influence - Sun
< Spiritual Influence - Hermit
Spiritual Advice - Star
Unconscious Desires - Devil
Conscious Desires - Empress
Practical Advice - Fool
Final Outcome - High Priestess

Deck - Moon
Bottom - Magician

So many tutorials and practice to do, and so little time.

1 Like

Have most tutorials and all my relevant topics open for editing later.

1 Like

Wednesday (Mercury), Jul 7, 2021

Dreams: None recalled last night. A few days ago I was walking between a couple houses and some red haired rednecks were outraged that I was not pro-Trump.

Physical Notes: Pandie slept with me, so didnt toss and turn much. Job interview soon as second round.

Psychic Exercises: Color balls today , to size or large orb. Fruits. Sense Awareness Techniques: For the duration of a week, take a walk and make a mental note of everything you see, not focusing on anything in particular. Do not attempt to analyze or make judgments; merely observe. Keep a journal of your observations. Take note of everything concerning this object. Yellow.
Preliminary Meditative Work
Daily Awareness Exercises:
Darkness Technique: Before the commencement of any meditation, breathe deeply and rhythmically. Cover your eyes with the palms of your hands; overlapping the fingers of one hand with the other. You should experience total darkness.
Sense Awareness Techniques: For the duration of a week, take a daily walk and make a mental note of everything you see, not focusing on anything in particular. Do not attempt to analyze or make judgments; merely observe. Keep a journal of your observations.
For the following week, take a daily walk and stop, deliberately focusing in on one particular object. Take note of everything concerning this object.
On the following week of daily walking, try to look for a single color each day. On Sunday look for orange; Monday-blue, Tuesday- red, Wednesday yellow, Thursday-violet, Friday-green, Saturday-blue-violet (indigo).
For one week concentrate on the various sounds that are heard on the daily walk. Stop at certain times and close your eyes, so that the faculty of sight does not interfere with this exercise. Do not attempt to analyze or make judgments; merely take note.
For the following week, take a daily walk and stop, deliberately focusing in on one particular sound. Take note of everything concerning this sound.
For one week, take note of different tactile or touch sensations that you encounter during the course of a day. Stop at certain times and close your eyes, so that the faculty of sight does not interfere with this exercise.
For one week, take note of every taste that you encounter during the course of a day. Stop at certain times and close your eyes, so that the faculty of sight does not interfere with your sense of taste. For the following week, focus on one particular taste.
For one week, take note of every smell that you encounter. Stop at certain times and close your eyes, so that the faculty of sight does not interfere with your sense of smell. For the following week, focus on one particular smell.
Exercise:
It is vitally important that in the quest to exalt the health of the Spirit, the student does not neglect the health of the body. Physical well-being and endurance are essential to the magician who wishes to perform lengthy rituals as well as Astral work.
During this probationary period, the student should begin a regular discipline of exercise to maintain physical fitness. We leave the choice of exercise to the individual student; swimming, biking, jogging, martial arts, aerobics, yoga or some other. Israel Regardie recommended that the student perform certain exercisesthat are designed to raise both the physical and psychic vitality of the practitioner. They are taken from a small pamphlet by Peter Kelder called The Five Rites of Rejuvenation or The Eye of Revelation. These exercises can also be found in Donald Michael Kraig’s book Modern Magick (pages 222-229).
Whatever form of exercise is undertaken, the student should never overwork to the point of strain. If one is not used to exercise, begin slowly and gradually. If health concerns are an issue, consult a doctor before commencing any form
of physical exertion.
Visualization Exercise:
Spend a few moments of each day in this exercise. Begin with the eyes closed and
relax, breathing deeply and rhythmically. Then open your eyes and gaze into the palm of your left hand. Imagine a small yellow lump of a non-sticking substance formulating in your hand. It is somewhat clay-like and elastic in consistency. Cup your right hand over the other and press this yellow substance as if you were making a hamburger patty. Then begin to roll the substance between your hands as if you were making a meatball. When the image of the yellow ball of astral substance is very clear within your mind, place it somewhere near you. Repeat this technique three more times, forming next a red ball, a blue ball and finally a black ball.
When finished, place all four balls in a row. Visualize them strongly. Then concentrate on dissolving the balls one by one, starting with the black ball, followed by blue, red and finally yellow. See the area where the balls were-placed as totally clear of the astral substance.
NOT DONE

Evocations - NONE.

Tarot Contemplation Ritual - The Hermit
Bottom: Empress

Meditations:
Astral Temple - NOT DONE

Location - Home.
Posture:
Distractions:
NOT STARTED

Visualizations -

Rituals:

Shields -

Wards-

Grounding -

Centering -

Readings: BALG. My notes and journals.
Journal 8 - Astrology
Journal 9 - Alchemy
Journal 10 - Qabalah
Journal 11 - Tarot
Journal 12 - BALG Magic

Expanding TCR to SHS, I then had:

Spiritual Influence - Hermit
< Spiritual Influence - Sun
Spiritual Advice - High Priestess
Unconscious Desires - Lovers
Conscious Desires - Moon
Practical Advice - Star
Final Outcome - Strength

Deck - Temperance
Bottom - Empress

So many tutorials and practice to do, and so little time.

1 Like

Celtic Cross: Why are my finances so out of control:
Querent - Justice
Covers - Judgement
Crosses - Hierophant
Crowns - Chariot
Beneath - Magician
Behind - Moon
Before - Hanged Man
Querent - Strength
Environment - Wheel of Fortune
Hopes and Fears - Temperance
Final outcome - Fool

Deck: Sun
Bottom - World

As Im a Libra Sun, Leo Moon and Scorpio ascendant, Libra or Justice is a good candidate. Tiphareth–>Geburah. Libra, air. Equity, rightness, probity, executive.
Judgement - Fire - Malkuth–>Hod. Change of position, renewal, outcome.
Hierophant - Chesed–>Chokmah. Taurus, earth. Hearing. Marriage alliance, captivity, servitude.
Chariot - Cancer, water. Geburah–>Binah. Succor, providence,war, triumph, presumption, vengeance.
Magician - Concentration, focus, skill. Mercury. Binah → Kether. Skill, diplomacy, address, sickness, pain, loss, disaster, self confidence, will.
Moon - Organization, Pisces, water. Malkuth → Netzach. Hidden enemies, danger, calumny, darkness, terror, deceptioin, error.
Hanged Man - Reversal. Water. Hod–>Geburah. Wisdom, trials, circumspection, discernment, sacrifice, intuition, divination, prophecy.
Strength - Suggestion. Leo, fire. Geburah–>Chesed. Power, energy, action, courage, magnamimity.
Wheel of Fortune - Jupiter. Netzach → Chesed. Destiny, fortune, luck, felicity.
Temperance - Sagitarius, fire. Yesod–>Tiphareth. Economy, moderation, frugality, management, accomodation.
Fool - Air. Chokmah–>Kether. Folly, mania, extravagence, intoxication, delirium, frenzy, berwayment.

Sun - Regeneration. Sol. Yesod → Hod. Material happiness, fortunate marriage, contentment,
World - Cosmic Consciousness. Saturn/Earth. Malkuth–>Yesod. Assurred success, route, voyage, emigration, flight, change of place.

So … looks like I need to save money and move somewhere else to another region. Cards on point.

1 Like

How should I approach magic? Split Hexagram Spread
Greater Spiritual Influence - IV Emperor
Lesser Spiritual Influence - XX Judgement
Spiritual Advice - V Hierophant
Unconscious Desires - XXI The World
Conscious Desires - XIX The Sun
Practical Advice - XI Justice
Final Outcome - XIII Death

Anyone wanna take a crack at interpreting that?

Well. First, the numerical sum of the cards is 93, is that a Crowley current?
We have two spiritual influences, Emperor and Judgement. There is an abundance of fire here, as Judgements qaballistic path is elemental Fire, and Emperor Aries, ruled by Mars. So we could say a path of fire magic here. The spiritual advice however is Hierophant which normally is interpreted at some form of religion. So, fire and religion, even though Hierophant is Taurus, which is ruled by Venus, another fiery planet. Theurgy?
Now we focus on our plane and two planes of mind, unconscious and conscious desire.
The World - Saturn/Earth.
The Sun - Ruled by Sol. This implies a cereminal path as Tiphareth is the first goal after climbing onto earth, through the paths of tav and samekh.
Practical Advice - Justice, Libra. Paired with the Hierophant and influence of Emperor, seems to imply to me Solomonic path.
Final Outcome, Death - Baneful magic? Or a transformation? The flag bearing the white rose is the same as the white rose on the top card of the Deck (Fool, Air), bottom Star - Aqauarius).
So, ceremonial seems the approach, though ordered with revelation and hearing and seeing.
Mundanely, be a vehicle for spirit, aspire for Sol and regeneration, and take the path of Balance.
This then leads to the transformation.

1 Like