Introduce Yourself To Members Of The Forum

Hi folks. I’m Spear_carrier. Yes, I do go by that name when someone uses it. No, I can’t give you a photo as my reckless youthful days are done and there are ways I have to tread lightly. Truly sorry about that. I hope there comes a day I can stop being careful again.

I found this forum while seeking an answer to an uncommon question - still haven’t found the answer but this place looked interesting so I thought I’d join up.

I like to call my style of magic humor magic - things work best for me when I play or am laughing in some way. (Or unless I’m really angry. LOL) Currently I’m just learning about working with demons (not devils), and it’s been a very interesting ride so far. For the curious - I’m also given to understand that while humor magic isn’t common it does date back a ways, which is kind of cool being as I just kind of am really just being me.

Magical goals: just to learn more and focus more frequently on things I think. Have a good time at it, definitely. Be able to hold a conversation with an entity beyond a dumbfounded, “Uh, is that you?” (On that I don’t jest.)

My current struggles including letting it go - I’m no Elsa no matter how frigid people call me - would be making time. I get overwhelmed, or looking into things takes me away from work. There never is an inbetween it seems. But I admit, because some questions I ask appear off the wall to people, it would also be nice to be taken seriously when I am being serious. Maybe the answers are obvious to other folks, but some of us like to be safe not sorry.

Timothy, loving the makeup BTW. Maybe I should add the magical goal of also looking good in makeup.

Gonna make this place my homepage - it’s very hard for me to remember to visit forums and I want to make an extra special effort for this place.

8 Likes

Oh shit, I’ve got competition!

3 Likes

Hello my name is Don! I’am 24 years old. I have nearly no experiences with magick. I want to learn everything there is to learn! And that is why Iam here.

Is there any books on the subject I should read?

6 Likes

Use the search funktion there are a couple of threads on that matter. One is fairly new.(:slight_smile:

2 Likes

So to the newer people, and those that may have missed it, I answer to Aza, or Will. I’ve been just kinda perusing the forums, picking up what I can, and just kinda doing my own thing. Seems one can simply have an instinct for this kind of thing. Primarily I’ve worked with Marbas, and Belial to GREAT affect (seriously, almost immediate, once I got off my ass). My biggest piece of advice, when invoking an entity for the first time, try to have NO expectations, beyond your initial intent, and never expect THEM to do ALL the work, unless stated otherwise. Beyond that, have fun.

5 Likes

Is there any demon or spirit I can start working with from the beginning?

Depending on your experience yes and no.
If you have no experience then start with the basics and working with a specific entity aint really basic, but If you fell strongt cennected or drawn to anyone then you could allways have and alter or something for it but learning to walk before you run.
You said you did t have much experience so i dont know what you know so its a little hard to give a good answer.

Hello,
Thank you for adding me. My name is JoAnn and I go by the username, ‘Sacredwoman.’ I have been on the path to magick and the left hand path all of my life, most of time, unknowingly until very recently. Everything I’ve done or learned, leads me to this path. I consider myself a work in progress and love learning about the mysteries of the universe, knowing that I am the creator of them.
I am working on making contact with various angels and demons and have had some success in that area. I am currently using the rituals and sigils in the Gallery of Magick books. I perform rituals everyday. The more I do the better and more familiar I become with the power that is within me.

Sacredwoman

7 Likes

hello, tim here, i follow an eclectic mostly Norse path. i often find my work grounded in less esoteric fields and am not a constant practitioner of magic

8 Likes

In the interest of full disclosure this is someone I started begging to join the forum starting last night: the forum impressed me for the most part and I wanted to share.

2 Likes

Interesting.

Yes. You’re lucky he cared enough about the topic to post anything at all. He actually specializes in certain aspect of Viking history due to his SCA persona. And his google-foo is far, far, far stronger than mine.

not sure on the strength of my google fu as it fails me often. i am just eclectic and tend to wander everywhere my short attention span takes me
as far as being interesting i am mostly boring, i don’t get to do any of the “interesting” stuff anymore

Your right I’m oh so lucky he cared enough :wink:
Welcome to the forum
mochlhung.

2 Likes

[Long Post]

Hello everyone, I’m Talinic. I’m 19. I live around in the DMV area of the U.S., originally from the “City that Never Sleeps”. My family members are devout Christians, raised me to be the same. Going to church all the time, taking part in church activities, all that jazz. As I’ve grown up, I’ve drifted further and further away from all of it. Questioning everything the way you should, instead of immeadiately accepting whatever shit comes out of the pastor’s mouth or is found in the Bible. I’m/was tired of living in fear of going to hell, and being forced to worship a being I don’t have or feel any real connection to. I felt obligated against my own will. For awhile now, I’ve wanted to find the “truth”. What are we really here for? What really happens after death? Things like that. So, starting last month, I started scouring forums for information on the “evil and demonic” occult as every pastor or family member I know would say. /R/ occult, StudioArcanis, I just started looking everywhere. Looked at Chaos magick, didn’t like it. Tried to read the Kybalion, interesting but couldn’t finish it. Liber Null, a little boring. The ONLY thing that truly had my attention was any information to do with the Olympic Spirits, Archangels, and Demons. The Almadel, Ars Goetia, and the Arbatel were all insteresting af to me, more than anything else I was bothering to read. There is where things get interesting.

2 days ago, I purchased with the last bit of money I was able to get together Gallery of Magick’s 72 Angels of Magick book as well as their Archangel book. Also picked up a book on the Olympic Spirits on how to work with them. Skimmed through the Olympic Spirit book, said meh, and sent it back digitally for a refund. Started reading the 72 Angels of Magick book, was throughly enjoying it, finished it the same day. Started the Archangels book, loved it. Couldn’t get Michael’s name out of my head, and had plans to start on Monday to finally start meditating and trying my very first rituals that are in the book. Yesterday afternoon while just searching things up on Google, I somehow came across this site. From there I basically haven’t been able to stay of it. Deep down it feels like this is where I belonged and would find my answers to all my questions. So I just started checking out all of the content on this site, enjoying every minute of it, almost feeling like I was being led to find specific content that’s on the forum. It wasn’t until I started reading the stories about people’s personal experiences with certain demons/beings. Specifically Belial and Lucifer. No longer did I feel any type of anticipation of working with the Archangels or any type of connections. I couldn’t/ can’t stop thinking about the two of them, neither can I keep their names out of my head. It got to the point where I felt a pressure in my head, that I feel even now. Since then, I sometimes even feel as if my thoughts aren’t exactly me saying them, like a response to my thoughts, but it doesn’t feel like it me responding. I know deep down they’re calling me, and I won’t lie and say it doesn’t frighten me a little bit. The whole fear that’s engrained into you as a Christian about hell and eternal damnation, and the whole “don’t mess around with the devil or your disowned from God” fucks with me a little bit. So here I am, contemplating what comes next. What I can say though, I’m truly glad that I found BALG. I love the content and knowledge that can be found here.

-T

12 Likes

myrddin are you taking things personally. She was making a comment about the fact that alot of things either don’t catch my attention or hold it long enough for me to find what i am looking for and actually get around to formulating thoughts. we are both here for intelligent discourse and hopefully a drama free environment. Something i am sure everyone can appreciate

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know what your talking about friend, if you’d like to talk to me you can DM or make a new thread, this thread is for introductions and not for debates or idle discussion. (you know to not derail the introductions) :grinning::+1:

must have misread your intent. was continuing the discussion based on my introduction. Score one point for intelligent discussion. that being said, have a nice day everyone and i will stop derailing the introductions with more discourse

Hello, my name is matthew.
Ive just recently started looking into/ studying the Ars Goetia and am looking for further guidance and help in general. My first goal is to learn the processes and ways of establishing/ maintaining contact, and at some point in the future to establish that contact. My current struggle is that it seems difficult to find reliable sources of information on this subject. Everywhere i search the information tends to vary in one way or another, and its hard to determine what to listen to as sound knowledge and what to ignore as falsehood. If anyone has time and/or is willing to assist me in my quest for knowledge please reach out to me.

Note: A few weeks ago i had never heard of or looked into this type of thing before until i had a dream of a strange looking three headed dragon. This dream was so vivid i felt compelled to look into it the following day and while searching for it online i stumbled across Bune and since seeing that name ive felt compelled to search for more and more information on this subject and have repeatedly felt as if in some way im being drawn by Bune. Im not sure what this means or if it is simply my subconscious longing messing with me but any help or understanding would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Matthew

8 Likes

hello good day yall ,am looking forward to learning alot and getting help for my sick family member ,when we willing to try anything that works.

7 Likes