Introduce Yourself To Members Of The Forum

In the interest of full disclosure this is someone I started begging to join the forum starting last night: the forum impressed me for the most part and I wanted to share.

2 Likes

Interesting.

Yes. You’re lucky he cared enough about the topic to post anything at all. He actually specializes in certain aspect of Viking history due to his SCA persona. And his google-foo is far, far, far stronger than mine.

not sure on the strength of my google fu as it fails me often. i am just eclectic and tend to wander everywhere my short attention span takes me
as far as being interesting i am mostly boring, i don’t get to do any of the “interesting” stuff anymore

Your right I’m oh so lucky he cared enough :wink:
Welcome to the forum
mochlhung.

2 Likes

[Long Post]

Hello everyone, I’m Talinic. I’m 19. I live around in the DMV area of the U.S., originally from the “City that Never Sleeps”. My family members are devout Christians, raised me to be the same. Going to church all the time, taking part in church activities, all that jazz. As I’ve grown up, I’ve drifted further and further away from all of it. Questioning everything the way you should, instead of immeadiately accepting whatever shit comes out of the pastor’s mouth or is found in the Bible. I’m/was tired of living in fear of going to hell, and being forced to worship a being I don’t have or feel any real connection to. I felt obligated against my own will. For awhile now, I’ve wanted to find the “truth”. What are we really here for? What really happens after death? Things like that. So, starting last month, I started scouring forums for information on the “evil and demonic” occult as every pastor or family member I know would say. /R/ occult, StudioArcanis, I just started looking everywhere. Looked at Chaos magick, didn’t like it. Tried to read the Kybalion, interesting but couldn’t finish it. Liber Null, a little boring. The ONLY thing that truly had my attention was any information to do with the Olympic Spirits, Archangels, and Demons. The Almadel, Ars Goetia, and the Arbatel were all insteresting af to me, more than anything else I was bothering to read. There is where things get interesting.

2 days ago, I purchased with the last bit of money I was able to get together Gallery of Magick’s 72 Angels of Magick book as well as their Archangel book. Also picked up a book on the Olympic Spirits on how to work with them. Skimmed through the Olympic Spirit book, said meh, and sent it back digitally for a refund. Started reading the 72 Angels of Magick book, was throughly enjoying it, finished it the same day. Started the Archangels book, loved it. Couldn’t get Michael’s name out of my head, and had plans to start on Monday to finally start meditating and trying my very first rituals that are in the book. Yesterday afternoon while just searching things up on Google, I somehow came across this site. From there I basically haven’t been able to stay of it. Deep down it feels like this is where I belonged and would find my answers to all my questions. So I just started checking out all of the content on this site, enjoying every minute of it, almost feeling like I was being led to find specific content that’s on the forum. It wasn’t until I started reading the stories about people’s personal experiences with certain demons/beings. Specifically Belial and Lucifer. No longer did I feel any type of anticipation of working with the Archangels or any type of connections. I couldn’t/ can’t stop thinking about the two of them, neither can I keep their names out of my head. It got to the point where I felt a pressure in my head, that I feel even now. Since then, I sometimes even feel as if my thoughts aren’t exactly me saying them, like a response to my thoughts, but it doesn’t feel like it me responding. I know deep down they’re calling me, and I won’t lie and say it doesn’t frighten me a little bit. The whole fear that’s engrained into you as a Christian about hell and eternal damnation, and the whole “don’t mess around with the devil or your disowned from God” fucks with me a little bit. So here I am, contemplating what comes next. What I can say though, I’m truly glad that I found BALG. I love the content and knowledge that can be found here.

-T

12 Likes

myrddin are you taking things personally. She was making a comment about the fact that alot of things either don’t catch my attention or hold it long enough for me to find what i am looking for and actually get around to formulating thoughts. we are both here for intelligent discourse and hopefully a drama free environment. Something i am sure everyone can appreciate

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know what your talking about friend, if you’d like to talk to me you can DM or make a new thread, this thread is for introductions and not for debates or idle discussion. (you know to not derail the introductions) :grinning::+1:

must have misread your intent. was continuing the discussion based on my introduction. Score one point for intelligent discussion. that being said, have a nice day everyone and i will stop derailing the introductions with more discourse

Hello, my name is matthew.
Ive just recently started looking into/ studying the Ars Goetia and am looking for further guidance and help in general. My first goal is to learn the processes and ways of establishing/ maintaining contact, and at some point in the future to establish that contact. My current struggle is that it seems difficult to find reliable sources of information on this subject. Everywhere i search the information tends to vary in one way or another, and its hard to determine what to listen to as sound knowledge and what to ignore as falsehood. If anyone has time and/or is willing to assist me in my quest for knowledge please reach out to me.

Note: A few weeks ago i had never heard of or looked into this type of thing before until i had a dream of a strange looking three headed dragon. This dream was so vivid i felt compelled to look into it the following day and while searching for it online i stumbled across Bune and since seeing that name ive felt compelled to search for more and more information on this subject and have repeatedly felt as if in some way im being drawn by Bune. Im not sure what this means or if it is simply my subconscious longing messing with me but any help or understanding would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Matthew

8 Likes

hello good day yall ,am looking forward to learning alot and getting help for my sick family member ,when we willing to try anything that works.

7 Likes

Hi my name is Neo. I’ve been practicing magick for almost 3 years.

I have a blood pact with an Angel and a Demon. Trying to find out more how to balance all of this.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Good afternoon all, I go by slayerofmen. I have studied the occult for many years, always searching, searching for the meat and potatoes of simple and effective magick. My goal is to resolve my material requirements so that I may embark on the path to spiritual enlightenment. I have worked many a ritual, and I do not believe they are a failure so much as I do not recognize results that are obscure and not in tune with my request. any pointers would prove most helpful as I realize that I am still wandering around and cannot seem to find the correct path or instructions.
slayerofmen.

9 Likes

Hii, I’m Dave. I’m not new. My previous profile was Loki Jotunborn.

Bejabbers

4 Likes

Hi! I’m Joey C, I’m new to magick but I’m very interested in Chaos magick, demonic interaction, and exploring new things and expanding my horizons. My current goals are to contact and establish a dialogue with King Paimon, and learn more about magick. My struggles are that I lack experience and mentorship, and I also am not able to practice very openly.

8 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Introduce Yourself To Members Of The Forum:

What’s up everyone, Im Weez, im a musician/college student from Mexico, have always thought to become a mage at some point, Maybe because I need answers and think I could do some good with that knowledge. Excited to hear from all.

10 Likes

Hello Newcomer,

Introduce yourself in this thread so that older members can welcome you. For example, share…

• Your name - Steven
• Photos if you’re comfortable Not yet.
• Kinds of magick you like - Necromancy/Left hand path/Black magick
• Current goals Learning more about this interesting topic. Summoning Azrael to avenge a friend who had her life taken.
• Current struggles I need details, I get the general idea of things. but i need details.

7 Likes

Its funny, one day-I was probably 13-15, my mom came outside to find me laying in the sun, and she said “what are you doing?” And I said “getting used to heat in case I go to hell^^” lolz XDDD I had to unlearn stigmas about demons and how they want to program you into being a force of destruction toward yourself and others. But what you do with that fear can make a lot of difference in your perception, and what you’ll be learning and/or unlearning. Its hard to tell you what to expect, but I can PM you if you like. I used to have to go to church, and even used to think that I had to be Christian to stay out of hell…but now I see hell in a broader sense, kinda like its everywhere. I always want to be careful when I tell this stuff, but will gladly share some of my experience.

3 Likes

I’d love for you to shoot me a PM. I’m always open to hear and learn new things from people more knowledgeable than me on a subject, especially on this.

2 Likes

Don’t discredit your knowledge, but I’m bout to shoot you a message.

1 Like