Introduce Yourself To Members Of The Forum 2.0

Thanks, I was just like hmm. I’ve not seen this term before lol.

2 Likes

Basically, I’m asking if you what you do is a specific type of magick, like witchcraft, or ceremonial magick or a more folk tradition, like Hoodo

I also asked what country you are from, and how long you have practiced whatever it it you practice.

2 Likes

Oh get it, I use all of what u writed down. And Im from Hungary. And I started half year ago. I hope this will be enough

1 Like

Hey everyone,

My name is Pariah. I’m 35 years old, from the US, East Coast.
I’m an Empath, HSP. I’d like to be some kind of medium.
I’m a newbie.
I’ve been interested in the occult, witchcraft, etc. ever since I was little, but actively studying witchcraft and participated in a couple of rituals since 2013.
I have dated someone who claimed to be a “Gray Witch/High Priest.” so, I thought I was going to learn a lot, but didn’t learn much of anything through him, except he got weirder and very smothering.
He tried saying he was the son of Medusa, half Gorgon, half dragon. I was the daughter of the Goddess Hel, my father was Leviathan. I’m half necromancer, half serpent, etc. It’s a whole other story with what this guy told me, but I had to get out of his grasp.
I’ve been interested and drawn to Norse Paganism/Witchcraft. Drawn to the Goddess Hel(before he told me she was supposedly my mother).
I grew up in a very strict Christian household. The majority of my family, immediate family are your typical judgemental “Born-Again Christians”. Mother’s a Minister, my sister thinks she’s a Prophet.
I’ve had religion crammed down my throat for very long time, been criticized, baptized twice against my will.
I’ve begged and cried to God/Jesus and to the Angels, haven’t gotten anything, just false promises.
When I have been at one of my lowest points in life. I got very frustrated and called out to the demons, to my demons, did the whole “Come at me bro…” kind of thing, which, I do regret. That night I had the whole sleep paralysis thing and I know for a fact I was growled at inches to my face.
So… I called out to them and there they are when God/Jesus never showed up.
Just with my upbringing I was taught demons are lying, evil beings. I’ll go to Hell, eternal damnation, etc.
I feel like I’m writing my life story here, sorry.
I want to progress in my Spiritual journey, but with everything I’ve been reading, all my chakras are blocked, I have to start a Vegan diet, decalcifying my pineal gland, gemstones, crystals, meditate, meditate, meditate(which I’m working on) amongst other things to get started on this path. I’m willing to do all this work if I have to.
Where do I begin?
I am working on Shadow Work now.
I don’t know where to start.
I’m a Stay at Home Mom… so that’s hard in itself and read that you can’t be a witch and a mother of a toddler at the same time.
Anywho, thank you for taking the time to read all of this and would love any feedback.

5 Likes

Returning member, you can probably guess who by my name. :+1:

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, what does this stand for?

Awesome, @anon39079500 works pretty frequently with Hel, and @itsnathanm7 is a norse guy too.

I think that is a deep question. I’ve been doing some of this for the last… several months. Mostly it’s about embracing the things that are you, that bother you, that make you who you are, rather than rejecting them. For some of us that is traumas and fears and the like and for others, I don’t know what it’s like but I tend to think of it as integrating with what we see the problem as being, rather than as rejecting it. Learning how to use it to your advantage and work on to the next issue, so that we don’t get stuck in the past…

Here are some journals you might want to check out for information on how some of us have done it, others have just used mediation techniques and supposedly had profound experiences.

There are of course plenty of others if you hit up the search function and play with the words and take a gander for yourself. These just were off the top of my head and easy for me to find. I highly recommend learn how that works, a lot of the real valuable answers have been given by those of us that are no longer members of the community.

I think the only major thing I didn’t glean from all of this, is whether or not you are currently practicing any type of magic and how long you have been doing so. I see interests, and weird places you gave a chance, but not a whole lot about what you’ve actually been doing magically- is there anything you have been practicing to date? If so for how long?

4 Likes

Hello, my name is Luke but I go by the name EvokeTheSpirits I have 12 years of experience practicing and studying magick and occult philosophy. As my name implies I work with spirits primarily through either evocation, invocation, pathworking, or a combination of written petition and evocation. I consider myself a grey magickian because I work with all kinds of spirits Including but not limited to Angels, Archangels, Demons, And the Djinn. My hopes of being here is to get to know like minded people and share my knowledge as well as gain knowledge from other people here.

3 Likes

Doesn’t matter if you are a returning member. It is not our responsibility to guess who you are, it’s yours to abide by the rules of this forum and properly introduce yourself. A new account means a new introduction, and failure to do so may result in the suspension of this account until the rule is respected.

2 Likes

HSP - Highly Sensitive Person.
I’m not practicing now, I’m studying more than anything. There’s a couple of spells I want to try, but I want to make sure I’m doing them correctly and have the right ingredients, etc. It really started 2013 when I knew the “Gray witch”. I’ve witnessed a couple rituals he did, but he really didn’t show me or teach me anything. Thank you for all the info

4 Likes

Hi. I’m Liza. I’m a total beginner. My interest started years ago when I had some sort of out of body experience, though I’m not really sure if it really happened or if it was just a dream. I was reading a book about astral projection at that time and it was so fascinating and exiting to know that the things that I thought were only possible in books, could be real. So I decided to follow what the book was saying. It was a weird feeling, not the the bad kind of weird though.
Unfortunately, that was the only book of its kind in the library. And I didn’t have access to other information during that time, as I was only a student in high school. So as time went on it, it got buried at the back of my mind.
Now that I’m older, I want to explore more about it. I want to learn and understand, and be part of it. :slight_smile:

I’ll be in your care. Thank you.

6 Likes

Welcome @LM21

Are you only interested in projection, or magick as well?

2 Likes

Thank you for doing an introduction as requested @EvokeTheSpirits

Do you have experience in any specific systems or traditions?

2 Likes

Hello everybody!

I’m Prober, and this is the second account I’m opening on this forum. The reason is that, when I signed up for the first time, I was still quite young and inexperienced, and didn’t know exactly what I was looking for. Now, although I am still quite young, I have a much better idea of what I want to achieve, through Magick and the Occult, and therefore a more clear vision of how I should interact with you guys here in the forum. Because of this, and also because I didn’t use my old account that much anyways, I decided to create a new one; a fresh start, of sorts.

That said, my main goal in studying and practicing Magick is to discover new perspectives on the more subtle and “spiritual” dimensions of our reality, and how they interact with us. And, of course, how we can interact with them. Now, this topic is absolutely huge, and I will certainly study it until the end of my days without ever getting to the bottom of it. Despite that, and as everyone who’s ever had a calling to something knows, simply ignoring it and moving on is not an option.

Besides my intellectual interests, I also see Magick as a tool to achieve results in the profane world, and I have used it for that end. Given that I am a beginner, and quite young, it was nothing spectacular, but it did leave me a great impression. I mention this to clarify that my interests are not just academic, and that I also intend to practice Magick and the Occult Arts, rather than simply studying them.

The kinds of Magick I’m really interested in, right now, are divination, energy manipulation, Goetia, and Angelic Magick. Yet, I will eventually study and delve into all the main topics and areas magicians usually study, while at the same time studying Esoterism in a more general way. My previous experiences have all (or most of them have, at least) been with Goetia, usually through evocation or pathworking, and Gallery of Magic’s books focused on Angel Magick. Both have worked really well with me. I have had mixed results from Chaos Magick, but I will keep practicing it.

My main struggle is discipline.

That’s pretty much it, thanks to all who read this, and sorry if I wrote too much lol :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi @DarkestKnight.

Projection was my first experience, so I want to start there. But I am also very interested in magick. I read that it’s a big task to learn it as it has a lot or branches (or is it kinds?). There are a lot of information on the internet so I really don’t know where to start. Do you perhaps have any suggestion on both? I would really be thankful.

4 Likes

There is a lot to dig in here but I what I can see clearly is that you are seeking answers. I am not quite sure what the questions are, beyond that you are struggling.

I am very glad you got away from that relationship. In one way he was flattering you, in another he may have been attempting to express spiritual insight and not doing it very well…or he is delusional. No matter what though, if you have a strong connection to an entity, then don’t let another person disuade you. Find your own gnosis and live it.

I hope you learned a lesson there! Minor demons love to feed off of misery and being in an emotionally vulnerable state only makes it easier for them to feed on you.

What are you reading? There is a lot of witchcrap out there. Not saying you shouldn’t work on cleansing your energy but you don’t need to go Vegan unless that is something you feel is appropriate to your Will.

My wife and I are raising a child, 4 years old at the moment. We have never had an issue being witches and parents.

Maybe let me know what you are truly searching for and I can DM you with some suggestions and advice. I wish you well, you have already taken a big step!

4 Likes

Being a legend in your own mind won’t make it so for the rest of us, so please, openly state your previous username, many thanks. :smiley:

4 Likes

@SinisterPeasant First a Neophyte, then a Paesant, how humble.

5 Likes

Welcome along man. :+1:

3 Likes

Hi,

I’ve closed posting on your previous account, but you can still log-in to access any PMs you may want, Bookmarks, etc. :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:

3 Likes