Interesting questions about egregores

Technically, a physical egregore would be the same as a Tibetan tulpa. It’s been a long time since I’ve read the book, but if I remember correctly, in Magic and Mystery in Tibet by Alexandria David-Neel, the author states that creating a living being from pure thought is a test to show one has reached a specific stage of spiritual attainment.

4 Likes

@DarkestKnight “forces out their spirit”. Awesome. So basically soul travel but you don’t need the skill to project yourself because the spirit pulls you out your body therefore you can skip the work. Not sure if i remembered to mention this in my introduction but soul travel is one of my major goals with magick.

It’s not really soul travel, not in the Western sense anyway. The Petite bon Ange is not the same thing as the subtle body one uses to travel.

2 Likes

@DarkestKnight. That sounds like a huge superhuman level of spiritual attainment. So basically showing how magickally powerful they are.

So the astral body is not the only non physical body we have? Isn’t every plane or realm just another part of the astral? If there is more than astral and physical,i wonder where the Infernal Empire is.

Woah, I think you should read some books if you have so many questions, if u truly want to have some knowledge about specific topics.

2 Likes

The astral is just one plane, and it is the closest to the physical realm. There are many more planes above it, generally referred to as the etheric planes, and they are where the spirits reside.

3 Likes

So will “ridden” gain their spirit again to their physical body?

1 Like

Yes, once the Lwa departs they regain themselves.

3 Likes

@DarkestKnight. You said an egregore is mostly like any other spirit but not always as powerful as natural spirits. How can i know when something is an artificial spirit and when its a real natural spirit? I would think maybe scan myself,scan an egregore,and then scan the newly met spirit with said spirits permission but even after searching,im not sure i understand how to scan. More specifically i definitely don’t know how to scan myself or how to scan a target that i don’t know the visual appearance of. But i kinda guess i just visualize the target and a string or something connecting me to the target. But when i visualize myself connected to the target do i just wait until i see something thats not part of my visualization? How can i even know when im successful with scanning?

For you to scan yourself, egregore or a real spirit you need to devlop your clair’s (astral senses). And that takes practice and meditation, if you want to scan or communicate with spirit or egregore learn to use your astral senses. This thread has the method to perform a scan.

1 Like

@ARD. Maybe but i don’t think i would be able to read the required books unless they are free to read online. Also preferably without any extra website log in stuff required because it honestly took me years just to figure out how to make my BALG account and not much less time was spent learning to make my google and YouTube account.

1 Like

@ARD. Thanks i will click the link probably tomorrow. Also when i searched astral senses a while back [ yes i will search it again because even i am not that lazy ] i could not find a specific meditation for it and yes i used the search function specifically for meditations several times too.

1 Like

@DarkestKnight. Alright i will look up etheric planes with the search function.

There are two angelic mantras for the senses on the forum:

2 Likes

Okay again i will be back eventually but its getting super late where im at so i guess see ya later. Still working on when to meditate and exactly what meditations to do but i know i will be successfull eventually and will not stop trying until i do it.

1 Like

Do the mantras work if i only say them in my head or do the mantras require my actuall voice? Im sure i will make it work even if it does require saying the mantra aloud but would be easier if i can just think the mantras. It seems living with a non magick family makes this stuff complicated. A small part of or maybe big part of why im here at night.

Out loud is preferable, but you can try silently as well.

2 Likes

Ah that is awesome.

Egregores develop based on the attention given to them.

Also given the astral is a mental-esque plane an egregore can’t turn you into a vampire, if anything you can use your imagination to take the form of what you view a vampire as astrally.

Physically nothing will happen besides maybe a placebo or nocebo effect depending on how you see it.

1 Like