How to cut the chord or “close the door” for good?

I haven’t practiced magick or goetia evocation in 2+ years. I have many reasons for stepping away. Here are the main 3 :

1. It simply wouldn’t work. There where 1 or 2 entities that would get me vague results or opportunities that ended up crashing and burning hard. It felt like some of the results came with some BS attached or weren’t for my betterment.

2. I don’t like how these entities operate. Some can cause you absolute chaos and fallout in your life despite the precautions you try to take. I’d have serious ups and downs and the downs always came much quicker. I can’t 100% connect it but there’s definitely too much of a pattern to be coincidence.

3. It always felt like I wasn’t getting the full picture. I don’t think full on malice is the right word but these entities have their own agenda and motivations. I think a lot of them will definitely take advantage of you given the chance. There’s only 1 I think I can fully trust now and he’s known for being faithful to his practitioners.

I believe the LHP especially working with “demons” affects you in ways you fully don’t comprehend until years later. Knowing what I know now I don’t think I would’ve gone down this path when I was 20 or so.

This isn’t a “ finding god” post or anything but I want to sever the tie completely if possible. I’m going through another extremely painful transition in my life and realize I don’t want these energies in my new life.

Despite making final offerings , thanks for the opportunities they’ve brought me and asking them to fully depart I still feel that link like they’re around occasionally.

There’s a career field im very ambitious to get into to make a direct positive impact but it’s very hard to pass the hiring/background process. It makes it even tempting to practice again but I know I’m way better off if I don’t.

Any input is appreciated. I mean no disrespect but the LHP/ Goetia isn’t for everyone and I’m done with it.

Welcome @DG628A1 It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

1 Like

Sorry what was the question? You want to do magick just not grimoiric magick with the Goetia? So… there’s tons more kinds of magick than Western Occultism based in kabbalah, right? Just do something else.

If you update your into make sure you specify what you’re interested in and what your not, then in discussion people will often use that to tailor responses to your skill and interests.

Points to cover:

• Do you have any practical experience in magick?

• If so, what exactly do you practice and how long have you practiced?

• Do you follow any specific system or tradition?

• What are your areas of interest?

Here is a getting started with magick guide. You’ll want to get your spiritual hygiene sorted out, and start work on developing your astral senses, then when you can know you have a decent chance at avoiding impostors and parasites then try the evocation guides we have on here.

For reference:

The rules are here

The posting guidelines are here in the FAQ

The Terms of Service are here

Do the First Method in Liber 831. Banish on all Lesser and Greater Pentagrams, then all Lesser and Greater Hexagrams to clear all energies you’ve connected to. Follow this up with the Rose Cross Ritual.

Banishing on all Pentagrams and Hexagrams removes spiritual currents from your life, and the Rose Cross Ritual centers you on Tiphereth and the Sun. These 3 rituals are a spiritual killswitch for outside forces, as well as a personal reset of your own internal focus.

Your occult aura will be mothballed and ready if you want to return to these things. If you never want to come back, you’ll mostly be left alone by spiritual things.

Get rid of spiritual flareups by repeating these techniques daily until they go away, and carry on go on with your life.

1 Like

As far as I know, there is no quick and easy closing that door once you’ve opened it.
If you find some group or religion that you feel strongly about, getting babtized or initiated into some spiritual current/ energy field might speed things up a little, although I would strongly advice against finding some group only for this purpose. Other than that, that door has to close naturally.

Opinions and theories vary on the nature of these beings and probably most of them are at least partially right. My theory is in part based on. As above, so below. As within, so without. These beings and their various masks are architypal forces/ currents in the macrocosm as well as archetypes within the collective subconscious and our own microcosm. When you call on those forces, you don’t only invite external chaotic energies in your life, you also open the gates to your own chaotic attributes.

So it’s not only closing yourself off for something external, but also something within yourself that has to be overcome. Begging for forgiveness to any god will not change a damn thing about it, I’m afraid. Since it’s as much your own chaos as external chaos, your own doing and in such your “mess” to clean up. This is exactly why this path indeed isn’t for everyone. All this chaotic hardship is at least partially supposed to serve the purpose of being a catalyst for growth and evolution for those that resonate with it. Not everyone is suited to dive into the macrocosmic abyss and their own darkness and chaos as much and be able to fully experience, study, learn and integrate these amounts of negative influences in a healthy(-ish) way in order to learn how to master those energies and characteristics.
(Disclaimer: Not saying that this path is therefore superior to any other, it’s just a different approach towards mastery of the self and divinity)

The influences of the gates you’ve opened and the spirits you connected to should wear off eventually if you passively just don’t focus and connect to them anymore. The best way I can think off to actively work on loosing that influence is to find another spiritual focus point (with or without the before mentioned baptism or initiation) so instead of begging for forgiveness hoping for others to resolve what you yourself set in motion, just focussing on your connection to that new spiritual goal/ new side of divinity will eventually make the old influence loose it’s grasp or you could spend your life in cold hard atheistic, physical realism for a little while. (Temporary) nihilism is a pretty powerful tool against any lingering ideas of or personal connection to any spirituality. Maybe you could even ritualize your decision to stop going down this path, to symbolically put that intention in your subconscious and to consciously signal the end of this path. I’d advice to not address any spirits if you choose to do that. Since that is still seeking a connection to these infernal/ chthonic energies. Do this while raising/ using your own energy alone and to honor only yourself in your own decision to head in another direction.
This will also not end your connection immediately, but it might help to get things going in the right direction for you.

Good luck!