Has anyone been initiated into Palo Mayombe?

By lying?

And its just what I’ve observed, that the mythological Arthurian witches have their own self-contained pattern that stems from the same source and functions pretty similarly. Don’t take my word for it, though!

Morgana is one crazy lady. :):slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Again dogma over experience is not going to cut it. Now you can call it kindoki or what have you but is not palo. That said it does not mean it can’t work. Just like people are not born to be catholic priest yet they can effectively hold a mass. So one not born to be a Tata nganga can work closely with the mpungo.

3 Likes

There isn’t any info about kindoki online. I couldn’t find any.

Most kindoki practice is Congo inspired magic with traditional overtones and traditional spirits. It’s hard as kindoki is like the bokor of voudon is highly personal and based on experience and inspiration. It would take you a lot of reading and calling the spirits. To try it. This sibjective that the spirits want to work with you. The first step is developing a relationship with the Congo spirits.

1 Like

Are they the same with those in Palo Mayombe?

Some are the same but those who practice this form of sorcery also find spirits unique to them. “Sin muerto no hay brujería” meaning with out the dead there is no witchcraft, so an important step is to get a working spirit of the dead. Again you can experiment until you find what works for you. They aren’t recognize as palero any more that someone who learns shamanic techniques on their own are recognized as shaman. They are just Congo inspired magick practitioners. But the proof is in the results. Which in some is outstanding. All depends on your effort and dedication.

2 Likes

Okay thanks.

Well my man, as was said before in this thread, the list is not accurate as to the ingredients. But when a prenda is made, many times a padrino has connections at a local botánica for a good bit of the actual items.

Many tatas I know, when missing an item that is rare, will get it shipped overseas from Cuba or Puerto Rico. That’s the whole minando/community aspect in action!

1 Like

I am researching Palo, why stay away from Montenegro?

any advice on research i can do to help me learn the Spirits, or get a head start in memorizing a category of herbs in general to help me build a solid foundation? or anything that is not too intrusive but can help me get a jump start in memorizing. i have a hard time with that.

Any advice for an outsider who is looking to be initiated? to help my knowledge base. things you would have started out learning first if you could go back and do things differently. or things you would have worked on prior to initiation?

1 Like

I’m going to give you some advice that another member gave to me: talk to your ancestors. Ask them to guide you to the right Tata, Yayi and Munanso if you have a path in Palo. If you do, trust that you will be steered to the right people.

5 Likes

I have to be honest with u. If u not black u have little to no ancestors into Palo. If u dont meditate or balance your chakras u have no business practicing ANY spiritual system. In fact in tradition mayombe u go in the woods and pick your own herbs and stones for your Nganga. And fact theres no such thing as an Mayombe spirit. And Bantu (congo) cosmology theres no deities only the nganga. So if theres spanish people practicing mayombe than anyone can. And technically everyone is african so STOP the religious talk. Stop looking at deities as people! They dont have souls and careless about who practice them or not. Black people dont even practice mayombe like they should and the nfumbe dont CARE. They just wanna do their job!

5 Likes

Hello @Supreme_Divinity

As your next post, please introduce yourself to the rest of us.
Simply click here New Magician Help & Introductions - Become A Living God and create a new topic by clicking the box top right and tell us a bit about yourself.
Here’s some helpful ideas for your intro:

Also don’t forget to read the BALG forum rules:

1 Like

Wow.

Only black people can be in la Regla de Congo, really? Ok.

Congo religion needs Hindu yoga to activate. I did not know that

You know how tata and yaya find their roots? Interesting

Mayombe spirits and Bantu cosmology have no dieties, really? Ok.

Anyone can do Palo? Really? Ok.

The nfumbe just wanna do their job. Really…interesting.

The things you learn on BALG.

On that note, moving right along…

3 Likes

@jaysalamone.

Im iniated in Palo Kimbisa Mayombe.

2 Likes

I agree. We all have African in us. The only thing that certain lines of Palo care about is if your gay. In my line of Palo. We can help Gay people. But they are not allowed to iniate into our religion.

2 Likes

Yeah good luck with that with Palo. Thats funny.

1 Like

Ok I see the level of your understanding, and it is misplaced. Mpungo don’t guide you like in dealing with loa, or orisha! Maybe I can explain a little. When I say palo I’m actually useing it as. Nickname for the religion. The religion of palo mayombe is not even the name of the religion! The name of of the religion is Kinganga. Perhaps you can look that up! Palo means stick, and mayombe is. Geographical location in Kongo or rather bantu civilization. What your useing as a Mpungo discriotion comes from a different branch in palo! The original branch from yombe in Brazzaville Kongo did not believe in spirit guides :joy:. That comes from another branch known as kimbisi!