Getting your subconscious on your side

A very good book called “Psychocybernetics” states that, when you want an outcome in life, you must see yourself being (or at least becoming) the type of person to whom this outcome can happen.

If, on a gut level, you can’t believe this result could ever happen to you, or that if it did you’d screw it up/lose it/end up worse off etc., then you’ll either protect yourself from this letdown by not giving it your all, or you’ll genuinely manifest that “sting in the tail” when you even get close.

It’s a very simple concept, the author goes on to explain that your subconscious mind isn’t plotting against you, it’s just a kind of “servo-mechanism” that holds a strong picture of what your “normal” is, and does everything it can to deliver you back to your normality, even if this normality was programmed in your childhood and has NOTHING to do with the life you wish for as an adult.

So for example, if your normal during childhood was to be treated like dirt, it will keep finding you situations where you’re treated that way, and if your normal was poverty, stuggling over money, then guess what it’s going to keep delivering, no matter how much money you draw into your life - more of the same old crud.

You can reprogram this normal via targeted visualisations, on the basis the subconscious can’t tell the difference between something strongly imagined (and spiced with plenty of emotion) and something experienced for real - it’s only a mechanism, and doesn’t operate at the level of conscious thought.

You can also make minor adjustments to your life that deliver you with daily “proof” that you’re on your way to better things - one of mine was to let go of some old gear that I was only hanging onto out of fear, and whose presence provided a daily reminder that I felt completely out of control of my own outcomes in one area.

With that in mind, a question I’ve been asking myself lately is, are my actions in line with my aspiration to command the power of a goddess within this lifetime? If not 24/7, at least, most of the time? I’m avidly chasing up ways to make that answer be “Hell, yes!” and because I found this book really useful, I thought I’d share this stuff with you folks.

If you have an aspiration and allow anything in your life to tell you “you’re not that type of person” then getting that out of the way, no matter how un-magickal it may feel, will give your subconscious mind a whole new “Normal” - empowered, successful, congruent with the goal you desire - to operate from.

I highly recommend that book but the concept is so simple that you can take it from this post and develop some guided visualisations, and also analyse the junk (material, psychological, social, etc.) in your everyday life, and get your subconscious programmed to a whole higher level of operation.

18 Likes

I’ve read it. Great book, and a greatly informative post, as usual Lady E :slight_smile:

“You can also make minor adjustments to your life that deliver you with daily “proof” that you’re on your way to better things”

You posted this at 11:11! If the proof is in the pudding, then this is a good sign for you.

Inspiring post, by the way.

2 Likes

well from my point of view getting your subconcious to your side is basically what inner work is all about

I asked a spirit to make both hemispheres of my brain work in harmony, as well as the conscious and subconscious aspects of my mind… Big improvement.

Good book, written by someone who through hands on application in the trenches helped many transform from victim to at choice and moving toward their dreams.

Where was that thread?I’m seeing it for the first time.i’ll search imediately for this book…Also i’ve found some good shit in a book called ‘‘banned manifestation secrets’’ from Richard Dotts…I agree completely with the whole subconsious thing and the blocks that we have to remove…

By the way this number thing is Very interesting.Lady eva writes about the subconsious and she posts at 11:11
Love it

As dron wrote a comment, thus was how I saw this thread…

[quote=“dron, post:7, topic:2624”]Where was that thread?I’m seeing it for the first time.[/quote] :slight_smile:

Triggered my thoughts upon this book- not sure where my notes, or the actual book is (stored away), but a few other concepts came to mind from above, so this is copy-pasted/assembled from Wikipedia (so why it might seem choppy),… but integrating into sort of a hot-cold/GPS directional-compass sense, but also as am I ok to do this, but also ok=worthy in general…

[ I think of it as how we translate-interp our internal sense of “ok” just like how the body reacts to basal-metabolism and thus core-body temp… or “stress lvl”… different ~measuring-mechanisms, that the system then reacts to to readjust… its just that some we think relate to our “thoughts” and “voluntary” while others we recog are “invol” (like body-temp) but I’d argue are just how we interpret-narrative different mechanisms, to the degree we are aware of them. ]

so- in other words- Psycho Cybernetics also could be seen to involve:
“a person must have an accurate and positive view of him- or herself before setting goals; otherwise he or she will get stuck in a continuing pattern of limiting beliefs.” [ that one is worthy of success (at this time- in general, and via using that-specific method to receive success), expectation+interest as motivation (else disengagement). ]

“According to Maltz, if one’s self-image is unhealthy or faulty — all of his or her efforts will end in failure.”
-the connection between the mind and the body. (vol&autonomic thoughts, not just “attention” but actually affect and Change our nerves and biochem… etc.)
“He specified techniques to develop a positive inner goal as a means of developing a positive outer goal.”
-breaking down what “inner” vs “outer” goals mean (and what actually is meant by a ‘goal’- oft pop-culture says, if we just “decide” I want ___, that moment of making-a-decision… what is the root?)

==========
I tried to reference some issues in the below prior post that could relate to this, but I don’t think it was clear…
[url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/new-magician-help/getting-clear-on-what-you-want-(first)-and-dealing-with-concrete-forces/msg57896/#msg57896]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/new-magician-help/getting-clear-on-what-you-want-(first)-and-dealing-with-concrete-forces/msg57896/#msg57896[/url]
recent return and prompted to post a few after a while away, so not sure if timely, or if I was inspired to do so, or just random whim… I hope this adds something

=============
also to add, the focus in the book- in the context of people that had major PlasticSurgery (espec Facial Reconstruction- I think), and how they might have thought it “didn’t work” (ie it looks fine, but the inside doesn’t), vs it being off-visually but it feels ok… I think (if i recall) that was where the doc looked into, what makes this massive leverage- (and contrast the “actual” vs any other of the Therapy-type inner changes)… link to Focusing method by Gendlin, E. and those two combine to a high leverage…
(I only mention, as the specificity of the observation-basis of say Maxwell can be lost, if we see just the “concept” -where he started from a very clear-set of issues… does it work?)

Sounds like a cool book. Reminds me of a few chapters in “Think And Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill. Some mistake it for a simple self-help book, but it is full of magic rituals, stating out loud what you want and what you are willing to do, every day in a ritualistic mantra type setting, using emotion when stating it making it more powerful. I have tried it and it works, too well. Scarily well, but again, only if it is reasonable, you could ask for a million dollars but you’d have to give up a lot to get to that point I’m sure.

Gonna have to get Psycho-Cybernetics, sounds like a kickass book.

1 Like

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:1, topic:2624”]A very good book called “Psychocybernetics” states that, when you want an outcome in life, you must see yourself being (or at least becoming) the type of person to whom this outcome can happen.

If, on a gut level, you can’t believe this result could ever happen to you, or that if it did you’d screw it up/lose it/end up worse off etc., then you’ll either protect yourself from this letdown by not giving it your all, or you’ll genuinely manifest that “sting in the tail” when you even get close.

It’s a very simple concept, the author goes on to explain that your subconscious mind isn’t plotting against you, it’s just a kind of “servo-mechanism” that holds a strong picture of what your “normal” is, and does everything it can to deliver you back to your normality, even if this normality was programmed in your childhood and has NOTHING to do with the life you wish for as an adult.

So for example, if your normal during childhood was to be treated like dirt, it will keep finding you situations where you’re treated that way, and if your normal was poverty, stuggling over money, then guess what it’s going to keep delivering, no matter how much money you draw into your life - more of the same old crud.

You can reprogram this normal via targeted visualisations, on the basis the subconscious can’t tell the difference between something strongly imagined (and spiced with plenty of emotion) and something experienced for real - it’s only a mechanism, and doesn’t operate at the level of conscious thought.

You can also make minor adjustments to your life that deliver you with daily “proof” that you’re on your way to better things - one of mine was to let go of some old gear that I was only hanging onto out of fear, and whose presence provided a daily reminder that I felt completely out of control of my own outcomes in one area.

With that in mind, a question I’ve been asking myself lately is, are my actions in line with my aspiration to command the power of a goddess within this lifetime? If not 24/7, at least, most of the time? I’m avidly chasing up ways to make that answer be “Hell, yes!” and because I found this book really useful, I thought I’d share this stuff with you folks.

If you have an aspiration and allow anything in your life to tell you “you’re not that type of person” then getting that out of the way, no matter how un-magickal it may feel, will give your subconscious mind a whole new “Normal” - empowered, successful, congruent with the goal you desire - to operate from.

I highly recommend that book but the concept is so simple that you can take it from this post and develop some guided visualisations, and also analyse the junk (material, psychological, social, etc.) in your everyday life, and get your subconscious programmed to a whole higher level of operation.[/quote]

Eva,

A Fantastic topic, it aligns perfectly with the premise of the Book ‘Thought Vibration, or The Law of Attraction in the Thought’, by William Walker Atkinson, which preseposes that everything in life occurs via thought, frequency, harmony, will, consciousness, choice; ALL things being, ultimately happening, because we have allowed, aligned, or preordained the choice, all subjective reality simply a permutation of thought, action; a harmonic alignment of that which we have WILLED into the Universe.

Which, consequently, is, what E.A. is teaching us in all of this magic stuff!

Essentially; the goal, has, and always was, to PUSH our ‘vision’, ‘will’, ‘power’, ‘frequency’, ‘belief’, etc, to amalgamate it into the Universe via alignment of an ‘envisionment’ of the future’…E.G. STRUCTURING.

YOU - CREATE - YOUR - OWN - REALITY

Essentially, all of the base & fundamental truths of hermetics; the law of attraction & vibrations.

If you think you are worthless…you ARE…If you WILL yourself to be the MASTER, you will be.

Master yourSELF, and you can Master the Universe.

Mother…Fuckin…BaLG.

Love This Place.

1 Like

I can’t resist to quote these words from this wonderful book (psycho cybernetics)

The truth about you is this:
You are not "inferior."
You are not "superior."
You are simply “You.”
“You” as a personality are not in competition with any
other personality simply because there is not another person
on the face of the earth like you, or in your particular
class. You are an individual. You are unique. You are
not “like” any other person and can never become "like"
any other person. You are not “supposed” to be like any other person and no other person is “supposed” to be
like you.’’

Has anyone checked out the New Psycho-Cybernetics edition? It’s supposed to be the 2002 updated version of the original 1960s print.

Eva, I read that book by Maxwell Maltz many years ago when I did psychology. I don’t want to preach hear but I can tell you a simple way that will allow the information in that book to work well for you.

As we develop from children into adults, the mind finds its own range where we are comfortable. This happens mainly through how we feel about ourselves (self esteem) and what we feel we can/cannot do (confidence levels). These two important elements will therefore set our barriers and the subconscious will hate going beyond this threshold because it likes to know what to expect. You can therefore imagine what can happen whenever we try to do things that take us out of this zone of what is normal for us. Our minds will get scared and try and stop us simply because it’s just trying to protect us. The subconscious mind works through survival as without this safely mechanism, our lives could easily become jeopardised.

If you wish to become a woman of immense power, ability and worthiness then you must believe that you are this person? Firstly, be careful of your goal ‘to command the power of a goddess’ as this could suggest at a deeper level that you desire to make contact with a supreme spiritual force and use that power to obtain a desire. A situation could easily develop out of this and ‘pan out’ as you invoking her powers to enter you for whatever period. This can happen because the subconscious literally follows our intentions, and also follows the most easiest path at that moment in time…the path of least resistance.

You must instead become the Goddess, not borrow her abilities

“Forgive my assumptions hear as I am just reading between the lines based on what I’m picking up from you but my intentions are to simply give you another line of thought to ponder over for a while, that’s all.”

In a situation like yours Eva, it can be difficult to reach out past our comfort zone through ‘believing we can’ as it may seem abit like a quantum leap to obtain. I’ve found that all we need to do to alter our belief is to simply ‘act as if’ we already are the person we wish to become. Our minds and bodies are linked and one will tend to follow the other so as you can imagine, its alot easier to act like a supreme being than belief you are one.

Acting as if tells the mind to follow suit and after a while, the mind really cannot tell the difference from our ‘fabricated actions’ and what is a reality right now? If you doubt this, wait until you are really pissed off one day and then control your actions by laughing and smiling at yourself in the mirror and if you do it properly, your mind will immediately alter from anger into happiness as it must fall into alignment with your physiology.

Wait until a bitter cold day in winter and pretend it’s a hot summers day, dress like you would in July and walk down the street acting and pretending to yourself that its hot and I can guarantee that you will feel so warm, all you’ll need is a tee-shirt!

This is how powerful the mind is and demonstrates how acting as if, will control the mind to fall into a congruent state to match our physiology. So act like a Goddess as much as possible, walk, talk, and behave like one and your mind will become this without feeling insecure; The mind at this stage will then allow you to go beyond your range of what ‘normality’ is for you. Watch films about powerful women and adopt their actions and ideas. Organise your environment to reflect this by decorating your house in ways that would accommodate this magnificent woman.

Simply pretend that you already are what you want to be”.

As this starts to work, your magic and rituals will take on a new dimension, or you may even start to perform instant types of spells without the need for anything else, as you will be able to control your mind to alter your reality as a Goddess would. You can certainly expect changes to happen when you act in alignment with your desires.

It had bad reviews on amazon as being a commentary over the older version, so that’s why I recommended the original edition, because I KNOW that works.

I have NO problems with that bit! :wink:

Firstly, be careful of your goal [i]'to command the power of a goddess'[/i] as this could suggest at a deeper level that you desire to make contact with a supreme spiritual force and use that power to obtain a desire.

A good point but I have to say that’s not even a concept I have, I believe (and have done for years, but really, dating back to my childhood) that humans are capable of becoming gods, so I have all that programming in place, but you’re correct that wording one’s goals correctly is important.

In a situation like yours Eva, it can be difficult to reach out past our comfort zone through 'believing we can' as it may seem abit like a quantum leap to obtain.

I can honestly say I’ve personally had no problems with it, the large amount of work I’ve logged on here just in the past 18 months, plus the even deeper stuff I do privately and don’t share, give me everyday evidence that supports my desire and - as you said - shows my subconscious daily proof that my goals are reasonable and achievable.

I've found that all we need to do to alter our belief is to simply 'act as if' we already are the person we wish to become. Our minds and bodies are linked and one will tend to follow the other so as you can imagine, its alot easier to act like a supreme being than belief you are one.

Yes, that’s actually why I devised this: LHP Yoga Of The Self-As-God.

That, plus my godname I chose, is the single most powerful charging ritual I’ve ever found, and I highly recommend creating your own for anyone whose goals are similar.

The rest is all stuff I have actually achieved, and have plans to do more of, so no argument from me there because yes, that stuff DOES work! :slight_smile:

I’m pleased you’re progressing with that path…sounds amazing

You’re right about the name and I have thought about this myself. Years ago when I was using more planetary based magic with the Olympic spirits, I decided to make up my own ‘bunch’ instead based on the characteristics I saw within the nature of each planet.

Taking your theme for a moment, I created a lunar goddess from these attributes to represent my own entity. My understanding at the time was this beautiful woman who was this guiding light through the mysterious waters of my imagination. Who controled the deepest levels of my mind and reflected the natural flow of spiritual energy through her many faces.

Her characteristics were…Emotions, Love, Subconscious, Imagination, Occult arts, Psychic energy, Sensitivity, Lifeforce and Spirituality. Monday – Lavender / bluebell with Silver, white and a touch of coral – Frog - 2 – Silver – Jasmine – Lotus – Moonstone.

Now just like crafting a sigil, I made up a name (and a sigil) by crossing out repeating letters within particular attributes and I also manipulated this into a name that resembled a Luna force…her name became Pluesemé and whenever I had reason to work with the moon I would use this name in place of others and it worked well indeed.

I belief we could easily do similar things ourselves to obtain a magical name of sheer power.

1 Like

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:14, topic:2624”]That, plus my godname I chose, is the single most powerful charging ritual I’ve ever found, and I highly recommend creating your own for anyone whose goals are similar.

The rest is all stuff I have actually achieved, and have plans to do more of, so no argument from me there because yes, that stuff DOES work! :)[/quote]

Now here’s a question that’s been on my mind for quite a while - how does one come about their Godname? Is it given? Is it chosen? Is it created? And if so - how?

And this book is definitely firmly on my Christmas list (not that I celebrate, but it’s an excuse to spoil myself :)).

All the stuff I did last year, at some point the topic of a godname came up and I kind of already knew it the moment the question was asked, but then I went back and forwards a bit because one of my spirit allies questioned that EXACT name (I’d rather not get into why and I’m not sharing it, at least for now) - anyway I stuck with it and by the end of that evening’s work, it was kind of fixed.

I don’t know more than that, so much of my stuff is relatively freeform and spirits just kind of pop up to talk about things. It took many years to get to this point so please don’t think I’m being causal about it! :wink:

And this book is definitely firmly on my Christmas list (not that I celebrate, but it's an excuse to spoil myself :)).

Cool! It’s awesome, every time I pick it up I find a new useful thing in there…

[quote=“Subject_Zero, post:16, topic:2624”][quote=“Lady Eva, post:14, topic:2624”]That, plus my godname I chose, is the single most powerful charging ritual I’ve ever found, and I highly recommend creating your own for anyone whose goals are similar.

The rest is all stuff I have actually achieved, and have plans to do more of, so no argument from me there because yes, that stuff DOES work! :)[/quote]

Now here’s a question that’s been on my mind for quite a while - how does one come about their Godname? Is it given? Is it chosen? Is it created? And if so - how?

And this book is definitely firmly on my Christmas list (not that I celebrate, but it’s an excuse to spoil myself :)).[/quote]

I celebrate Christmas.Nothing wrong with that.Celebrate it as Saturnalia,or Yule,or if you’re on good terms with saints,and prophets,Christmas.

As for my godname,there’s an amazing story behind it that I can’t share,and I have a public godname and a secret godname.I’m not publicly sharing either of those.

However,I received my godname after the ritual I did this Samhain.I asked Thoth to tell it to me,and he told me to ask myself,and I did and I got two syllables,which connected into an entity.

However,after a time,I realized that it’s the same name as an Ancient Egyptian god and then I asked Thoth if I WAS that ancient god of magic.I can’t talk about anything past that,sorry.

After complications,we looked into the more real nature of the godform within,and finally made a more real name.However,that name is a fored meshwork of two entities that exist as part of the aforementioned godform.

I’ve shared that public godname with a few people here,including those that I tutor in magic stuff,and those I trust to tutor me in magic stuff.

The real name of that entity is something I will keep a secret.

To find a Godname:

First you have to ask yourself… what does it mean to become a Living God or Goddess? Your purpose and who you are will ultimately define your God or Goddess name. Next, you find Symbolic Associatiative Correspondences that validate your Godname. Many things will have to feed into it and actually make sense of it, to “validate” the “realness factor.” So in a sense you are Profiling yourself, and your Godname is derived from the summation of your Profile.

If you figure out what you want your Godname to represent, you could of course like mentioned earlier use Gematria and Numerology. Just look up any Numerology Name Reading website (free just google it) and type in your Godname and see what readings it gives out as far as Numerology goes.