Focus and magick shift to Shem angels rather than Goetia

I just watched interview by someone on the RHP who works with angels exclusively. He said some people can’t work with angels or have difficulty due the fact that they have formed pacts with demons. Maybe that’s what’s going on here and your violating some kind of contract you made unknowingly. Angelic Magick: Introduction into the Arte - YouTube

4 Likes

@MagickalStudent569 now that doesn’t surprise me in the least. The two spectrums of angelic and infernal are about as far apart as east and west are.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all to hear of certain angels not wanting to work with a practicioner that works closely with demons.

3 Likes

The polarity of their energy is different from goetic beings and angels themselves tend to have a radiance of energy that is very destructive without protection and eats away the aura and energy with its intensity. Being too close to the sun as it were. Your system is likely not use to their energy and reacting to it until you get use to it. If you ever completely and suddenly changed your diet you might know something of what this like when your body reacts strangely or negatively to such a large switch from something that was so consistent for so long.

4 Likes

I spent a fair amount of time working with Belial and King Paimon. Journals back it up. I felt like I needed to work with Angels for a time. I think loyalty to yourself is important. Not to an edgy infernal empire, nor to any spirit that speaks of religious sin. I learned from demons, and now angels. I think the whole demon vs angel thing is just flawed. When you appreciate a painting, the colors on the painting are not at war. They are the same damn thing! Regardless, ground yourself friend. If there comes a time when you need to do meditation and not spirit work, that’s fine.

5 Likes

I personally work a lot with sylphs and undines. Very kind and easy to work with. I got acquainted by evoking the elemental kings of air and water.

I haven’t noticed any disruption in my life.

2 Likes

I heard that if you don’t give them license to depart they can stay around and multiply there element in your ritual space. For example gnomes will bring dirt into the house, slyphs will make it colder and create a breeze, or undines will make stuff more damp. Is this true?

3 Likes

In my experience, you can feel their element for a while, but if you work with them long enough you’ll sort of adjust to their energy. I’ll usually give a very informal license, thanking them, and asking them to return what they doing before I called them.

I would imagine it would depend if they were aiding you as familiar spirits or a more one off type of thing. You could always ask the elemental kings, I’m sure they would be happy to fill you in.

2 Likes

One thing that helps, if you already have a spirit that you are friendly with, sometimes they can help you work with someone you may not know or might not be so friendly with. You evoke the friendly one first, and then evoke the new or less friendly spirit. Any spirit (celestial or infernal) who has a name written around the sides of a triangle or is frequently called at quarters can help do this.

Talking over people’s heads is a common problem in the occult as well as many many other disciplines (I’m looking at you Java Development) By the time you get that advanced, you don’t want to talk newbie stuff, also, whatever worked for you, will not necessarily work exactly the same way for someone else (hence my feeling sometimes that buying classes is a scam even though they work for a certain percentage, higher or lower depending on where the students are at.)

Classes often try to fix this by having per-requisites, and that may or may not work out, because the student feels now they have to waste more time and money on prereqs that they may or may not need. Also, certain students may be very deficient in areas “everyone is supposed to know already.” and then get left behind, and even explaining that might be over a teacher’s head.

Another thing that has been tried is computer assisted learning, where the machine goes over the stuff the student does not know, and skips the stuff the student does. Besides not being at all applicable to certain disciplines, in reality there are definitely areas where a student can get stuck and the teacher has run out of ways they can help.

So, yeah, I’m thinking of putting together a level 101 booklet on stuff, and putting it out there, before I get too advanced and no one knows wtf I am saying.

1 Like

I don’t intend to be disrespectful but it is known in arabic culture that angels have authority over djinn. Metatron for example is literally called “The Master of the djinn”.

Also in most arabic conjurations there are angel names together with divine names that give you the power to contact djinns.

4 Likes

@Bizarre I was largely unaware of the role angels played in the Islamic faith regarding the djinn.

Now I know.

Thx.

3 Likes

In Islamic mythology, Jinn got so destructive and so heretically, Allah sends Angels, commanded by, guess who, Azazel who later will turn into Iblis.

I have never heard Metatrons name meant that, as far as I know, it means 'angel of the veil. Root word of Jinn means “that which is veiled and cannot be seen”, so it is not far fetched Metatron may have dominance over Jinn.

2 Likes

They thought that they were superior to men and that men should be bowing to them not the other way around so they revolted. It’s funny though because the other part of the story is they angels had to intervene because they through there civil wars they were destroying the earth itself. Not very superior if you ask me lol quite the opposite.

Back on topic … okay, so roll with the punches with the energy shifts when changing workings with groups …
So, instead of enns, how do you personally summon of conjure angels? Solomonic approach, commands or request to come and appear in visible form, repeat the name and psalm corresponding to the name over and over until you notice a sense getting tripped? Just correspondences and invocation?

I personally use the approach from EA Koetting’s Evoking Eternity:

Trance, Invoking Omnipotence, Opening the seal, Calling the spirit. Sometimes when calling, I’ll use Koetting’s conjuration to summon forth, but most of the time I simply improvise a summons in my own words. I also use my own channelled mantras.

4 Likes

I just got this in my email today which seems kinds synchronicitous. I don’t know if this program would be for you but GOMs Damon Brand does deal with Angels specifically so you might find your answers there. Empowered Angel Magick – The Gallery of Magick

2 Likes

Nice. I have Words of Power, Greater Words of Power, and 72 Angels of Magick. Besides a few money magic or job magic books, the rest of the ten are demon related.

We assume angels and demons and all sorts of entities in the spirit world operate under the constraints of things like the ego, self esteem, etc…We assume that our emotions exist in their world too and influence their personalities like they influence ours.

Work with Belial for a period of time and discover the extent to which the human mind imprisons itself and then projects its frailty on everything it encounters. Until it sees what it previously couldn’t, this will keep happening.

We think they (demons) care about the same shit we care about…that what gets my goat gets theirs.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again- I’m reasonably confident Belial does not give a rat’s ass if you summon him in the “name” of Chavuel. Not even sure it’s in the realm of possibility for him to care, or get angry at that…
I don’t think any of them do.

I am bound by the laws of gravity, it controls me…but I don’t get angry with it when I fall off of my bike.

They live and operate in the realm of the spirit. They’re not bound by physical/ material bodies (at least not like us).
It’s quite possible for something to have authority over something else without creating conflict - especially in the absence of Ego.
Again- this is personal gnossis and not verifiable, but I am pretty sure Belial isn’t throwing a hissy fit when a shem is called…

2 Likes

Nah you’ll be fine. Personally, I’ve found a good approach to magick is to go through pathworkings with spirits to learn from them and get results that are particularly suited to their energies, and then when the time comes to accept that the pathworking is complete and move on to the next.

I’ve done many different pathworkings with many different spirits. I used to do lots of magick with the Goetia, but that energy just isn’t really my preferred vibe. I got some good stuff from those demons which was useful in navigating my life in the circumstances I was in at that time, but the more you summon spirits, the stronger their presence will be within your mind, within your life, and within the world around you.

I’d allow magick to guide you, but just be aware that if you summon certain spirits, you will start to become naturally inclined towards situations aligned with their energy. Whether or not this is good or bad is up to your life preferences and how you want your practice to be moving into the future.

I think a “balance” is good, but human beings are naturally imbalanced, so splitting the difference 50/50 isn’t necessarily a good idea. Maybe that works great for you. Maybe you need a bit of this, a bit of that. Maybe you need a whole lot of that. Magick gives you the power to choose.

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: How do I connect with Iblis?

Ive had, back on topic, had an idea – to attune to angels, chant their name for 5 minutes a day, chant their psalm for 5 minutes a day, and invoke daily and evoke them after a month.

2 Likes