Everyone read this immediately! i need to address this and i won't be addressing this again

I’m well aware of what magick is along with the basis. I know the questions that I post may seem like I don’t but I do . Most of the questions I ask are out of curiosity , reassurance , and clarification.

I do my research as well as I can , knowing that I currently don’t have as much money as I’d like to have. Once I can afford to buy the necessary books , classes etc etc the amount of questions I ask will decrease. I assure all of you.

This is the only resource I have to ask my questions and get reliable answers . I’m getting the feeling that many of you perceive me as an ignorant , uneducated (18 yr old) teen bouncing around in the occult and you’ve said it once or twice indirectly.

The worse part about it is you aren’t saying it to me. You’re saying it to others. If there is an issue you need to address to me please message me. Talking amongst others with issues you have about me isn’t going to solve the issue , especially if the issue you’re talking about isn’t really an issue at at.

I do as much research as I can. This forum is one of my main and best resources. I get to ask questions and interact with others.

We are in the age of information and I’m utilizing this site as a way to access information that I’d have to pay for otherwise. If you are getting impatient with m you are more than welcome not to interact with my posts. I am not going to allow disrespect from people who are upset with me for asking questions that may seem “blatant/obvious” and or “ignorant” .

We were all “ignorant” at once and I’m not going to allow myself to be looked down upon for being “ignorant” by asking questions. People who are ignorant don’t ask questions. They feel comfortable sailing in their sea of ignorance and are afraid for their beliefs to be shattered.

I’ve come here maturely with the intent to shatter my false beliefs. I ask the questions I ask not out of ignorance but to shatter my ignorance and experience the truth. If doing this makes me ignorant then so be it. For now on anyone who makes passive aggressive statements about me will be reported. I don’t get it.

This forum was created to exchange knowledge yet when a curious teenager uses it to their advantage they are considered “naive” and “biting off more than they can chew”. I’m sick and tired of it.

3 Likes

Some people are just jerks, that is a fact of life. This forum caters to many different types of people, that diversity allows for open and sometimes even hostile discussions which lead to a general development of all. My advice is, be you, don’t worry about the comments. If someone is just trying to hurt you then realize that they are probably reflecting their own emotions and doubts on you. Book knowledge doesn’t mean a whole lot, understanding and practicing, actions not words, is far more valuable and impressive.

There are also those who want you to react like this, it feeds them…literally. Don’t feed them, don’t give them the pleasure of an angry reaction to their pointless words.

Lastly, be open to criticism, if someone is providing you constructive criticism then they respect you enough to try to help you, those that care nothing about you will just ignore your questions and posts all together.

16 Likes

Well, isn’t that all you need, right there?

If you have a beef with someone specific you should take it to PM and talk about it. They might not know how they come across, or you’ll find out if they don’t care.

You’re not being singled out here, you get the same regard as everyone based on the merit of your posts.

Yes that is exactly what the flag system is for. If you don’t like a post, flag it. :woman_shrugging:

And this “curious teenager” would be yourself?.. then you should probably listen. I didn’t see any of this, but ime experienced mages in this forum don’t say this to people lightly.

14 Likes

Adding paragraphs (line breaks) really helps readability and will probably increase your positive interactions here.

Also, dont pay money for classes. You said youre 18? You have much life and time ahead of you, you will learn if it is what you truly desire.

Lastly, consider that maybe there are reasons people dont share everything with you. It is ok to be ignorant, but it is not ok for the knowing to harm the ignorant with their teachings. It will come with time and faith.

10 Likes

I doubt that.

Calm down. Ok I might not be reading all of the threads these days so maybe I missed some drama, but I haven’t witnessed anyone talking about you.

Some people’s answers can seem rough, I sound rough sometimes too. But that doesn’t mean they have something against you personally.

14 Likes

Chill out, rockstar. We barely notice you. Is a big forum and you haven’t been around for long, okay?

Oh my. I didn’t know that was against the rules! Feel free to flag anything, that’s what flags are for, but don’t get surprised if the mod don’t remove anything.

I said this. To you. To your face, kid. Should I report you for being passive aggressive?

20 Likes

looks at “Everyone read this immediately!”
reads thread immediately
Why? :sweat_smile:

21 Likes

Hmm, why are you getting so upset because of some people from the forum? It’s not like they are your close family or friends. It’s not like you even know them. This forum has gathered quite a colorful bunch, and I think it’s only natural that people here clash from time to time.

As for the behavior you’ve described, I’d suggest you just ignore it – no one is forcing you to communicate to that person or people if you don’t like what they’re saying that much.

7 Likes

So, drop the attitude for a start.
People come on here in between doing whatever is important in their life and not to just serve you.

You seem to be impatient and demanding so what do you expect in return?

8 Likes

I feel like you are talking about @Keteriya’s reply to your recent thread about working with Eris, because she replied to someone else about how you seem to jump from spirit to spirit. If so, maybe you could message her directly with your concerns? You said that you want everyone to be direct with you, but here you are, not being direct. If not @Keteriya, then who? Message them, not this entire forum.

And yes, you do give off the impression of someone who haphazardly hops from spirit to spirit. The fact that you ask questions is not an issue – but a lot of those questions do seem like something that would be best for you to discover yourself. Sometimes you won’t get answers right away, and it’s better to get those answers through personal experience rather than always asking everyone else their UPG.

I don’t believe anyone here looks down on you. It’s hard to read tone when communicating on forums, and some of us here can come across as harsh from time to time. Don’t take it personally.

18 Likes

I’m talking about several people. Not anyone specific.

@Lady_Eva Could you help me separate my post into sections like a paragraph?

I think you’re being paranoid. People talk shit and it’s something you’re going to have to get used to in life.

I think you’re upset because the people on this forum aren’t telling you what you want to hear in other threads. Being told you’re blatantly wrong about something doesn’t make the person telling you this condescending, rude or hostile. You really need to get over yourself.

10 Likes

I’m not being paranoid and there isn’t anything specific I want to hear. I came here to hear the truth. Nothing more nothing less. I came here for knowledge.

1 Like

Okay, done.

So everyone feels accused and nothing is going to actually be addressed. :thinking:

I’m sorry you feel you’ve been unfairly singled out, I’ve not followed every one of your topics closely enough to know exactly what’s bugging you, but I request you please flag posts in future if they bother you, and use “Something else” and that way I can take a look.

Scattershot accusations tend to just cause more problems than they fix, because no-one knows what exactly they’re being accused of. :wink:

Remember people often talk about ignorant people, or caricatures of types of people, on here, it’s just one of those things, doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with you or your posts.

9 Likes

The truth is something you’re going to have to find on your own. I understand that you’re looking for some sort of guidance here and that’s all anyone can give you here because they can’t tell you how to find your own “truth.” So at the end of the day worrying about what others are thinking and saying doesn’t really matter. You need to worry about yourself.

5 Likes

Well, that isn’t exactly fair in my opinion. From what I have seen (and I don’t read everything you post, so I say that to keep it amicable) people are just addressing what they see from you. No one to my knowledge has outright said that and with my personal experience on here, what people say is what they say 9/10, with no hidden meanings. It doesn’t help that it’s like a text message where you can’t exactly tell the tone of the other person, I just say that to keep you grounded.

Pressure turns a piece of coal into a diamond. Criticism applied correctly, turns a novice into a professional. And I have said this at least once to you before. You don’t need tools or books, you just to be willing to apply yourself and do the research. You will trip and fall, and that is fine. What matters is what you do with the experience and how you choose to get back up.

My personal opinion? You’re young with a lot to learn. But you know what? That’s everyone at one point or another. You have energy and a decent attitude that once you figure out how to apply it you could do some cool things.

What I would say this is, is your own personal shadow looking to be addressed by you.

11 Likes

I eleventh these statements:

Constructive feedback is a gift. Always cherish it, even if it’s not what you want to hear (I realize this is much harder in practice). Gratitude is always perceived way better than pushback.

As someone who went through similar feelings, sometimes it’s good, when you’re experiencing a shock, to step away from the computer for your own wellbeing. I think, especially with posts like this, it’s good to step away and take a breather then re-evaluate the path forward to addressing how your feeling (either with an individual in particular or with a group). When you write something immediately as a knee-jerk reaction, it may have the exact opposite effect of what you wanted to accomplish, and you may regret it later (I speak from experience).

I referred to this in the way my “television dad,” Dave Chappelle, did in one of his comedy specials:

Initial reactions are like that. It be that way sometimes. It sucks.

I also want to add that another thing that I’m guilty of, and maybe you’re experiencing a little bit (but I could be projecting) is an issue of perception. From my own experience, I can say it’s difficult to not interpret things a certain way when you’re already feeling bad about something. I’ve been guilty of interpreting messages as being about me early in my forum endeavors when it had nothing to do with me. It’s hard when you’re on an online forum to interpret tone when lots of people speak in many different ways.

It’s important to recognize your own confirmation bias and not let that turn an experience into a negative one. For example, you can post: “What about cats?” and later that day see a post: “I’m so tired of people talking about cats” and assume the two incidences are related and confirm how you’re feeling when they really have nothing to do with each other.

I’d caution to challenge those perceptions so you can be happier in the long run–especially on an online forum like this (or even outside of the forum, tbh).

I’ll end with one last piece of unsolicited advice:

It is really hard to tell how someone is reacting based on text. Tone is hard to tell based on text. You also should take into consideration that this forum is international, and cultural differences can dictate what is and is not an appropriate response–and something that is appropriate to someone else may be inappropriate to another.

Personal anecdote: I once misinterpreted a joke as an attack on my character and made a fool of myself! It was awful! (This is to say you’re not alone in this.)

Sorry to hear that you’re feeling this way, I’ve learned a lot from the forum and hope that you will also have some better experiences in the future. I hope that you can continue to learn and advance in your journey.

7 Likes

Well, If you can’t remember their usernames, were they really that rude to you?

I’ve gotten the feeling that people are just a little concerned because of how impulsive you seem. I do see you as a tad naive, considering you mentioned being scammed out of money by who you thought was an illuminati recruite. Which, I’m very sorry that happened to you, but what do you think is going to happen when you call upon a demon? Do you think they will hold your hand and make sure that they are fair with you at all times?

People have been taken advantage of by demons just as much as they have been helped by them. If you can’t tell that someone isn’t actually in the illuminati and are swayed by their promise of lots of money and a new car, I worry about you being used and abused because you think demons are going to be your friend. You will get trapped in a deal that will benefit them and you will get screwed over.

I have a lot of moments where I have been and continue to be naive. It’s tough to learn how to question others and think deeper on my decisions before I act.

Everyone just wants to help.

6 Likes

So, who is “you” and why didn’t you take your own advice and message them directly then? And if it’s not an issue what are you bothered about?

I don’t think anyone’s got any issues about you at all.
Nobody is upset with you, no-one is looking down on you, no-one is impatient with you - you know this because you get responses that are informative and detailed.

If they found the post (not you, the post) dull or repetitive, or asking to be spoon fed when you could just search, then you start getting ignored, but there’s always someone who just learned what you’re asking who is delighted to talk about it.

You might not mean this to look paranoid but, yeah, it’s coming across that way right now,. It’s not all about you, personally. We don’t know you - we can only respond to your words.

Also, if someone responds on a thread discussing you in the third person, I think that is also a response to you personally, as the responder knows full well you are being notified that they posted.

It’s not “passive aggressive”, and, I think you might want to take this opportunity to investigate your shadow work and ask why this triggered you so much in the first place. You can always take back the talking stick and respond to the comment on the comment yourself any time.

Eh, are you though? You don’t think so. Maybe you’re worrying about what others think to much.

The more you learn the more you’ll realise how much more there is to learn… I feel ignorant too you know? I’ve come up with the most enormous rubbish, that I was certain of, happily posted it here and done a 180 on six months later. Comes with the territory, I forgive myself, and if I get the chance I post why I changed my mind. If not, it doesn’t really matter.

I rarely ask questions because my weird-arse experiments don’t have answers anyone else can give me. I’ve got at least 2 threads with 0 responses. I do my own research by reading, doing courses and practicing on my own offline.

It’s pretty cool you have enough trust in your fellow balgers that you will get reliable answers… and that you are at a learning state where you can - that will run out sooner or later, so enjoy it while you can.

But it’s worth getting used to never knowing enough, soon enough. That’s sorta how the journey goes.

9 Likes