Ethics Anyone

Would anyone want to have a discussion on ethics in both magic and everyday life? Obviously most people are going to have a different take on ethics depending on their life experience, which I find to be a good thing. If we all thought the same that would be more scary to me because it would seem to be a type of group think.

Considering different points of view and a robust discussion regarding a diversity of ideas in ethics I think is vital to to both knowing oneself individually and promotes a healthy & thoughtful society.

So what do you folks think?

1 Like

DO WHAT THOUGH WILT, RAISE HELL, SPREAD MAYHEM, AND BURN SHIT TO THE GROUND FOR THE SHEER PLEASURE AND THRILL OF IT SHALL BE THE WHOLE OF THE LAW MWUAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oops I mean be charitable and kind to all, cautiously and quietly keeping one’s jade hidden under common clothes or some shit…

3 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

What a hoot. You gave me a chuckle at the end of a long day.

3 Likes

Well since no one seems interested in this discussion. I’ll read the archived threads that deal with this subject.

I just wanted to hear everyone’s opinion.

I suspect the question is a bit broad for a forum not dedicated to philosophy per se - where do you want to start?

There was this recently that wouldn’t immediately show up if you just search for “ethics”

If there’s a question about the ethics of a specific situation I would probably have a good guess at what I’d do under the perceived circumstances.

“Do what thou wilt is no longer the whole of the law. There is no law.”
I never get tired of quoting that :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a personal code. I may offer opinions that speak to it or I may ignore a thread that doesn’t fit my views as nothing I say is really going to be relevant. That’s it.

Well since no one seems interested in this discussion. I’ll read the archived threads that deal with this subject.

Definitely do that anyway, but it’s been one day and it’s midweek, early days yet.

3 Likes

Yeah, Belial was pretty clear on that.

It is entirely up to you, do you want to do healing all day, or do you want to kill all of your enemies, the decision is yours.

No laws, no rules, no karma, the path is yours to walk.

1 Like

images%20(4)

Ethics?

Slides and points to your ethics
WWWWWWWWHAT ARE THOSE?!?!?

3 Likes

Oh dear brother don’t you go acting like you know what ethics are…Lol :wink:

1 Like

I do
I just dont use them very often except in the most extreme of circumstances

1 Like

You’re as bad as me and you know it. :wink:

1 Like

Worse :smiling_imp:

1 Like

True :wink:

I was just interested in starting a general discussion. I am simply interested in learning what fellow magik practitioners think on the subject. I have no particular situation in mind.

Hi Everyone,

Here is what got me spurred me to start this thread on Ethics and magik. I was at the dentist office and there was an old beaten up philosophical Journal and I read an article that basically argued that both polytheism and pantheism could never again be a viable religion or spiritual path because there is no basis for any form of enduring ethics in either polytheism or pantheism. Basically the article argued that anyone that sincerely followed either polytheism or pantheism were at best intellectual light weights who didn’t know any better or were a threat to human civilization.

Well that just pissed me off. So what do you guys think about that?

Hahahaha I would like to meet the guy who wrote this! Precious! Our world thrived under polytheism/pantheism and that’s really the only proof you need.

2 Likes

monotheism does lend itself better to fostering stronger social cohesion. philosophical arguments for monotheism do tend to end up sounder as well.

On the other hand the Lakota named God Great Mystery for a reason.

3 Likes

I think it was a practioner of a monotheistic religion that wrote it :laughing: as history shows many flaws in his opinion

2 Likes

Thank you!

I think you found subtly concealed propaganda in a ‘philosophical’ magazine. Happen to remember the name of the rag by any chance?

That’s what is suspect to me. A person’s ethics can and often are mutually exclusive from their spiritual path. On that same note, it is BS that religion bestows ethics. Religions never bestow ethics, they impose morality. IMO there is a huge difference between ethics and morality.

I hold the existence of atheists with ethics to be proof of this.

It sounds like this article was either written intentionally by someone with an agenda, or an inability to realize when they are projecting. If not, their ‘philosophical’ perspective is shit.

1 Like