Ethics Anyone

So true. Many use the terms interchangeably but they are not the same thing.

4 Likes

Hi Woodsman81,

No, I donā€™t sorry.Thanks for responding.

1 Like

So the reason I started this thread is because I read a philosophical article that argued that Pantheistā€™s and Polytheistā€™s donā€™t have the capability for true ethics well that pissed me off. Iā€™ve done some more research and that is a common though not unanimous position among people who study Ethics.

So I started looking for articles were scholarly ethical systems for Pantheists and Polytheists. I have not found a lot. So I would like it if some of you folks know of any ethical systems for Polytheists would you pass them on to me?

Why do I want to know about ethical systems. I do not want to box myself inside of an ethical system. I just find reading and learning about these types of things useful and enlightening and kind of fun in my weird quirky way. I also donā€™t think any ethical system is able to cover every possible human scenario.

So what are you folkā€™s ideas?

Also within pagan/neo-pagan circles the concept of hospitality seems almost universally important although
not much is written about it.

Spinoza was a pantheist and wrote volumes on ethicsā€¦ I really canā€™t think of any polytheist apologists in the academia arena though.

1 Like

Has the person who wrote this heard of a little thing called ancient Egypt, which had an ethical system that was likely the origin of Mosesā€™ ideas? Or ancient Greece, and Rome, both of which had a lot of lads (and a few lasses) who gave rather a lot of thought to ethics, and matters of that nature, including philosophy? :astonished:

Or, India, the Vedas, and the Gita, the principle of ahimsaā€¦ :thinking:

PS, I made an argument for why monotheism is batfuck crazy and ultimately leads to genocidal urges in this post if itā€™s of intetrest: Polytheism vs. Monotheism - #7 by Lady_Eva

2 Likes

Personally,I donā€™t follow a code of ethics,I do what I feel like doing when I want to do it its that simpleā€¦As for lines that I wouldnā€™t cross in magickā€¦I believe that you create lines in order to cross them when you are readyā€¦I had a line onceā€¦First week in the occult line was cursesā€¦I swore on my soul that I would never cast a curseā€¦A month later I was casting a curseā€¦Than I started creating other lines like ā€žNever evoke Azathoth or Sorathā€œ or never make a pact,never blaspheme too much etcā€¦Most of those lines I crossedā€¦Thing is if you make a line,you will end up crossing it sooner or later and its out of your controlā€¦

1 Like

Thanks Lady Eva, Iā€™ll read your post on Polytheism vs Monotheism.

Thanks, I look him up.

Thanks Aiden666,

[quote=ā€œAiden666, post:26, topic:41870ā€]
I believe that you create lines in order to cross them when you are ready

When it comes to Ethics Iā€™m looking more for of As a Pagan how to live both a happy life and a productive life, how to be a good ancestor before Iā€™m an ancestor.

1 Like

Thanks everyone I appreciate all your ideas and thoughts on the subject.

2 Likes