Enochian starter kit: Should I go with Corwin Hargrove, Damon Brand or NAP?

Enochian starter kit: Should I go with Corwin Hargrove, Damon Brand or NAP?

GoM and Damon Brand never worked for me and they tackle same subject in so many books. They just want to sell. On the other hand Crowin is brief and precise and has only 6 books so you don’t get lost. As for NAP I will leave it till the end.

Corwin sounds he has mixed Egyptian deities and Demons into his supposedly Enochian books. Why is that?

Am kinda confused but I only know that am drawn to Enochian and I want someone experienced in Enochian who worked all the above authors / books to give me a solid reply and roadmap on how/ where to start.

Any help out there? Damon or Corwin for Enochian? Because later I intend to delve into the motherload which is NAP (New Avatar Power)

Thank you. Much appreciated if anyone experienced can chime in with a comprehensive reply.

Corwin’s Enochian book uses similar techniques to the GOM, that of scanning a sigil and emotional transmutation.

Where do you get that from? I have read and used his Universal Magick book, and there is no Egyptian anything within it, only Enochian angels and demons.

Depends on what you’re looking for. Damon Brand’s book Success Magick is specifically focused on the subject of success. It’s basically a year long working towards that goal. Hargrove’s Universal Magick, on the other hand, is more versatile and has more of a general application, with both beneficial and baneful uses.

Personally, I would recommend Hargrove’s book for general use.

3 Likes

I agree I gravitated towards Corwin more eventhough I bought all of GoM books I didn’t like them.

PS: I tried Gordon’s book on demons and nothing panned out. Then I was overwhelmed with their titles and everything overlapping I decided to drop GoM and go for Corwin.

PS: I have yet to try his books. Am taking my time to digest, understand and prepare before attempting anything.

1 Like

Egyptian deities are incorporated into book “Influence Magick” and the circles he uses are made of salt and flour instead of the imaginary ones used by GoM. His approach is more simplified and elegant. Not too many books to choose from and like you said GoM are all works stretched over a year or prolonged periods.

I love his Influence Magick book. And yea Universal Magick does sound similar to GoM BUT it’s clear with actionable titles. I didn’t look into his demons books but 2nd part of Influence Magick has rites for subjects that requires demons unlike the first part which is Enochian but has Egyptian deities into it.

Scan the book Influence Magick and you will see the names. Am sure he has a reason to. Only drawback to Corwin there is no more FB page to get feedback and ask questions unfortunately.

What do you think about NAP and the its level of difficulty and the level of any magician attempting to start with it?

This post below made me really wanting to try NAP but that’s after I get the hang of things it seems powerful and needs careful study and planning.

Thank you.

1 Like

i have used only hargroves book.mixed results.
For protection and more general rituals i take good results.but subtle not something shocked.
for broke down enemys life didnt work strong enough.
my expirience.

1 Like

You mean this one “The Magick of Influence”? I don’t think that’s touted as an “Enochian Book”… :thinking:

There’s no mention of Enochian anything in the blurb: it’s Greek and Goetic.

Discover the keys to magickal influence. Use the supernatural forces of darkness to change hearts and minds.

Discover twenty-three magick rituals for exerting influence. Working with angels, demons, ancient spirits and gods, you access many powers.

The first half of this book uses The Magick of the Calls, which originate from the Greek Magickal Papyri. The second half of this book works with the Demons of Goetia, using a unique and simple method to get results fast. The only equipment you need is pen, paper and courage.

I have had good experiences with two of his books and neither of them are related to the Enochian current (one is Goetia the other is about Djinn), I think it might only be that one, “Universal Magick”.

I don’t use GoM anything so if I wanted to sample Enochian practically, knowing I like Corwin Hargrove’s books so far I’d start with Universal Magick. His no fuss no muss approach is attractive to me.
But if I wanted something more authenic to understand the original system, then that’s no good at all, I’d research the original material and authirs address the same. This one looks likeley:

You mean this one “The Magick of Influence”? I don’t think that’s touted as an “Enochian Book”… :thinking:

There’s no mention of Enochian anything in the blurb: it’s Greek and Goetic.

Discover the keys to magickal influence. Use the supernatural forces of darkness to change hearts and minds.

Discover twenty-three magick rituals for exerting influence. Working with angels, demons, ancient spirits and gods, you access many powers.

The first half of this book uses The Magick of the Calls, which originate from the Greek Magickal Papyri. The second half of this book works with the Demons of Goetia, using a unique and simple method to get results fast. The only equipment you need is pen, paper and courage.

I have had good experiences with two of his books and neither of them are related to the Enochian current (one is Goetia the other is about Djinn), I think it might only be that one, “Universal Magick”.

If this were I, it depends what I’m trying to do:

• If I just want results via Enochian beings I’d go with Corwin Hargrove’s work;
  • If I’m really interested in understanding the original current for what it is, I don’t want 2nd hand opinions, whether they are successful magick or not, I would research John Dee’s material instead, and try works that speak to and analyse the original material like this one. THEN I would go back to derivative works with eyes to judge the differences as improvements/detriments for myself.
3 Likes

As was pointed out, that has nothing to do with his Enochian book. Universal Magick is Corwin’s only book on Enochian, and it uses the names of angels and cacodemons derived from the Great Table.

3 Likes

I normally prefer Hargrove over Brand, but when it comes to this I find Success magic gives more tangible results.

I’m working through it for a second time and just like the first I find that whatever ritual I’m working on manages to work itself into my life.

Conversely I expected I would use Hargroves method a lot, I could see how it might fit as a fuel to whatever fire your working and I’ve still only used it three times and none of which I’ve noticed anything specific that I could say definitely related to the work I did from this book.

Usually I can peg yep did that work and got that result but this particular book I’ve either not worked with it enough to perceive how it affects reality or it’s not something for me.

I lean towards it’s just not a method that works as well for me as others as like I said I usually like Hargrovés work a lot.

Success magic maybe can’t be used as loosely, but it does cover pretty much everything you’d want in a success life.

1 Like

Thank you for the comprehensive reply. Much appreciated.

Am focusing on Enochian and Corwin as my go to author. More specifically I will start with Universal Magick and keep the Magick of Influence on standy coz in its first part it says angelic and second part is demons. The book nonetheless is great and its uses from what I gathered can be applied to business and political dealings.

All the meanwhile, my final aim is to get prepared for New Avatar Power which seems the best grimoire on Enochian. Can you eleborate on NAP please if you have used it? There is comprehensive thread on it here on the forum but it seems advanced/ potentially dangerous stuff to be undertaken unless someone has experience under their belt. Am I right ?

Thank you for the reply. GoM and Brand never worked for me. Am giving Corwin a try until am ready to start NAP.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Which book/ author gave you the best results whether Enochian or another current?

1 Like

i have my own system of evoke spirits mainly.
From authors i had and stil have good results with gallery of magick.
Another book i use often is Lucifer and the hidden demons.

Thank you for all the insight and clarifications. Much appreciated.

Am wondering what’s the price to pay? There is no mention of an offering and we all know everything comes at a price. He doesn’t mention an offering or a thanks or any kind of reward to be undertaken by the operator of this magick. I found it strange. Not even a word of thanks or public recognition. The magick is a chaos approach on Enochian from what I gathered. No altar no offering no price to pay?
It’s not evocation magick and it’s not path-working. It’s totally new at least to me. What is it.

What’s your take on that?

Offerings are generally not a part of ceremonial magick. They are unnecessary, and are not needed in the Enochian system. This is magick, not religion.

I don’t understand why people seem to assume offerings are mandatory for all magick. They’re not. I personally don’t do them in my own practice.

Enochian magick was delivered to John Dee specifically to be used. The book isn’t a “chaos approach” just s simplified one. Contrary to what is usually written about Enochian, all the complex tools are not really necessary. In Dee’s diaries, the angels are quoted as telling him that it doesn’t matter how you use the magick, as long as you do use it.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your prompt and informative reply.

Can you kindly further elaborate on sigil and emotional transmutation? Does this seems also similar to the works of Austin Osman Spare or it’s something entirely different?

Thanks.

It’s different from Spare-style sigils.

The Gallery of Magick created proprietary sigils containing Hebrew lettering, and pioneered a technique of “scanning,” that is, casting your eyes around the sigil in a counter clockwise pattern so that the letters soak into your subconscious.

The emotional transmutation is a technique for changing your current emotional state into one where you have already obtained your desire.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Much obliged.

It was mentioned before somewhere on the forum that cacodemons are used in Universal Magick book. What are these entities and are they malevolent by nature? I couldn’t find much info on them.