Don't Know What to Do Anymore

So I gotta ask what y’all have done when y’all didn’t know what to do and say fuck it all? I read the Suicide section and honestly was messing with knives before reading it. But it made me not go through with it. Just its like nothing I do works and just dont care anymore. But thought I’d get advice from y’all or suggestions.

3 Likes

A hotline is always a good place to start (take it from someone who has been suicidal): http://ibpf.org/resource/list-international-suicide-hotlines

5 Likes

hello there. weve all been at a rough point but what maters is how you go on from there. if you need someone to talk to, im here and online almost constantly. if it helps id be more than happy to pm you about my experiences and share my story.

4 Likes

Certainly suicide is something I had thought about before. I’m not the one that decides over your life, but the only thing that you should do in my opinion is to endure. Endure at all costs. Many times things have to be destroyed before you can start seeing real succes. Even if it doesn’t feel that is working, say to yourself that it is and even if you don’t believe it, force yourself to believe it.

I considered suicide many times but in the middle of that I realized that I wasn’t being honest with myself and my desires. The topic of suicide is a very individual one and has to do with yourself and your life. The only person that really knows you is yourself, and cou can’t just ask another person to “fix yourself”; your life is 100% your responsability.

You will get through it and you will rise in a better and therefore stronger version of yourself. Just endure.

2 Likes

I’m one of the people who believe that suicide is always an option. Not necessarily a good one, but it always is there.

I’d recommend examining everything you have, everything you are, and everything you can lose. Weigh your worth alive, then judge the worth of your death, only then can you truly make a choice on the matter. Leave your emotions out of it, for emotion carries little weight in this choice.

And remember, wasted potential is useful to nobody, especially yourself.

After all of that, if you feel you can face death, you have to live with that choice, in the next life.

2 Likes

It is important to know everything passes. These feelings will pass

You can always change things and you have the power to mould and create the life you want.

I think you may be young? these years are very difficult with lots of different emotions.

The thing is, forums can have problem trying to talk to someone who is in imminent danger of hurting themselves, there’s the ever-present risk someone says something with the best of intentions, maybe even something that actually saved them, but it comes over wrong or triggers something upsetting and makes the person reading feel worse.

For that reason I am going to relist all the info that has helplines and stuff, and I see you got a great link above as well:

if you’re having thoughts of hurting yourself, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help, such as a crisis helpline in your country. Please visit this link to find the appropriate number:

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call your local emergency number or go to your local hospital emergency room right away. If you are unsure of the right number to call, please visit this link and call the number next to the country where you are located:

Here are some additional contacts:

US: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)

US LGBTQ Youth (the Trevor Project): 1-866-488-7386

US Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (press 1)

Canada: 1-800-784-2433

International: Befrienders Worldwide http://www.befrienders.org/

Australia: 13-11-14 (lifeline) or 1-800-55-1800 (kids help line for 5-25 yrs old)

UK Samaritans: 116 123 (UK) & 116 123 (ROI) free of charge, or e-mail: [email protected]

Almost every country has a similar crisis line and people who are waiting to hear you out, and help as much as possible.

If that seems too much to handle, consider joining this group that offers non-judgmental peer-support if you think it will be supportive:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SuicideWatch/

This is also very thought-provoking, especially for anyone dealing with shame over feeling, or having felt, that their life had become unliveable: Suicide: Read This First

Those are all very important if you think you may truly be any kind of risk to yourself, please reach out for help to a support line and/or people in your offline life, and medical professionals, I have been there myself and done that and I am OH so glad of it now.

Forum-wise, for a bit of light relief we have That Moment When 3 for chatting, and also, the The Officially Unofficial BALG Help Hotline that has more in-depth stuff and feel free to post there as well, members often check in on that and a lot of people here have been through tough times and won;t judge or try to push their own fixes on you. :+1:

4 Likes

The thing to remember is that you’re the only one who can change your current situation. If your suicidal thoughts are stemming from depression then things won’t improve on their own. Depression is you minds way of highlighting that some aspect of your life is lacking: it occurs when someone persistently neglects, or fails to fullfil, a perceived key aspect of life.
My advice would be to sit back and write down what exactly is missing in your life. Once you’ve got things written down clearly, you’ll be in a better position to start addressing this issue.
If it’s more that you feel fine but just can’t see a way out of your current situation, then you need to think about whether you’re able to endure the current hardship or whether you’d rather call it quits. That’s just a decision you have to make for yourself.

3 Likes

Change my whole life and reinvent myself. Done it about 3 times now.

Change everything, location, style, the books you read (or start reading books), leave all old friends and acquaintances behind and start over. If you can change country even better. Apply to be a foregign student if you’re young enough, that sort of thing. European countries often subsidise students so it’s cheap also.

The planning and effort it takes is distracting, it’s takes months before you settle back in to realisng you’re still yourself and you can’t run away from you, but in that time you will have learned and grown, and might have found out something you want to do that’s important enough to stay

– or more to the point, important enough that if you died you’d just reincarnate and end up taking two steps back and having to repeat the crap that’s upsetting you in the first place. If you’re halfway around the game board and you’d only start over again, don’t waste it. Getting in touch with your higher self a lot to ask it if that’s the case is useful.

3 Likes

So after reading y’alls suggestions and advice; ima just keep at it. I deeply appreciate it y’all

3 Likes