Creating an entity to protect children

Then would you take the risk?

Absolutely. Magicians manipulate our environment. I will do it if it brings good.

Especially considering no one is inherently a villain since morality is subjective in the first place.

At people with low IQs and a high propensity for violence and erratic behavior. I think the only reason there’s a debate is because certain philosophical spectrums are in fact regressive.

3 Likes

Thats why my SO decided against donating his organs after death :thinking:

3 Likes

So you want to live in a world where every child gets their DNA tested and then someone says “Sorry, IQ too low, genes too bad, go have an abortion.”? No I don’t think you want that.

So again, we will not know who has bad genes and who doesn’t. Hence it is very legitimate to have the desire to protect all children.

2 Likes

Will reply tomorrow Helena, I have somewhere to be right now.

1 Like

On second thought, before I go I will reply.

Yes I do want that, don’t assume you know me or what I want or believe. Big mistake.

I also want to protect children, but want to eliminate low IQ people and abnormally violent individuals from the gene pool.

Have a pleasant evening.

The question is, is it worth investing your energy in others by omitting conflict (aka ground for learning)?

It was an example made to suit a general concept. But it was maybe too moral.

I’m not gonna get involved into another useless and off-topic debate.
Just one final quote from the mighty Paarthurnax:

“What is better – To be born good, or to overcome your evil nature though great effort?”

4 Likes

I think I’ll just lurk in the shadows, seeing how this unfolds…

2 Likes

But at what point would someone refer to his nature as “evil”? At the end of the day everyone thinks he is on the right track of moral and virtue. When in doubt everyone else is simply wrong.

5 Likes

Says the aspiring intellectual trying to imply evil actually exists :thinking: It’s not absolute, sorry, try again.

Every child incarnates with a unique purpose or true will. Some will be human-rights activists and others will be bloodthirsty serial killers. Either way, I will protect the children.

2 Likes

Well then could you enlighten me about how are you going to get the amount of energy needed to protect such amount of people as well as developing yourself as god on the same life?

Or would you procrastinate your aim of becoming a god to protect others?

3 Likes

In reality, any event outside of my sphere of contact is none of my business.
That answer was hypothetically based on my outlook towards the ethical issue of protecting children with magick.

Then you were not being honest.

2 Likes

Just an interest, what makes you think using energy to protect others procrastinates your aim of becoming a god?

2 Likes

This is something incredibly hard to manage, because you would need an environment that would have an actual interest in your development beyond adolescence. If you grow up in a certain kind of “hopeless” situation (and I don’t mean the “I never have been hugged” thing but a social structure that lets you wither because of your heritage and your heritage alone) you are in NEED of people who take you out of that environment long term. Because as soon as you return to it you will grow back into the old structures. And I don’t speak about extreme cases here. I don’t talk about physical abuse or anything else that would sound like “I call the police on your asses”.

So maybe instead of “proctecting children” in general I would advise towards “Creating a stable and nurturing environment for everyone in every stage of life”. But I guess human nature won’t let us enjoy these things for a longer period of time. It has all been there, already.

3 Likes

This would be the case if there were no children in my sphere of contact

I consider that a way of becoming god is through an alchemical process and high magic.
Protecting people is low magic. It is not bad by itself, but doesn’t help with the pathway pf becoming a god.

If one has been doing high magic properly, they don’t need to use low magic as the results and reality changes and adapts to the results of the aforementioned high magic.

2 Likes