Best Bit Of Life Advice You Ever Got?

Top one, three, five (or more) things someone said that turned your life around in a good way? :+1:

Will share some of my own soon, thought it might be a fun topic for a Saturday. :sparkles:

8 Likes

One thing that always stood out to me was when a mentor told me what someone told him about staring at the ground.

“Why do you stare at the ground when you walk? The ground has nothing for you.”

While I understand this conflicts with magickal thinking, it is his way of saying “Look at where you are going to see what you want”

6 Likes

1.A part of ALL i earn is MINE to keep.

Most everything in Napoleon hill’s works
As well as alot of Robert greene’s works

These got me back on track to where i wanted to go.

3 Likes

There are three musts which hold us back:
I must do well, you must treat me well and the world must be easy.

6 Likes

You can’t cure stupid… -.-"

As well as kernels of knowledge Fenrir dropped on my puny human mind that I’ll put in here

6 Likes

" Find a woman with head, they all have vaginas "

19 Likes

^^^

5 Likes

:rofl: that made my day!

9 Likes

Fucking priceless :laughing:

3 Likes

Truth!!! :rofl:
And less drama potentially.

3 Likes

How about… “you’ll never know who your married to, until you go through a divorce.”

13 Likes

“If they think you’re lame for you doing you, fuck em.”

9 Likes

This advice comes from life it self.

“Have courage and don`t be a coward.”

Thats way I am on the left hand path.
It`s the Koettingway.
In many cases fear is not rational and unnecessary.
Just do it!

4 Likes

“The world is going to kick your ass and make you bleed more than enough. You don’t need to help it along.”

11 Likes

" You have to be your own pillar. Otherwise you will get fucked over constantly" - family friend stoned out of his mind.
I miss that guy.

7 Likes

“Live in the present not the past”

4 Likes

A good version of that which was told to me was “If you keep looking in the rearview mirror, you’re going to get in a car crash.”

5 Likes

Fuck your feelings, I don’t feel like it is the worst excuse to stop you from doing what’s needed.

They were talking about delayed gratification but it sounded better that way.
—

2 Likes

Never get married

4 Likes

I’ve always been the sort of person who ignores advice and has to learn things the hard way through personal experience, but if I had to pick…

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
–William Blake

By doing certain things certain results will follow; students are most earnestly warned against attributing objective reality or philosophic validity to any of them.
–Aleister Crowley

One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the dark conscious.
–Carl Jung

Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it.
–Thomas Jefferson

and finally,

If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise, don’t even start. This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives and maybe even your mind. It could mean not eating for three or four days. It could mean freezing on a park bench. It could mean jail. It could mean derision. It could mean mockery–isolation. Isolation is the gift. All the others are a test of your endurance, of how much you really want to do it. And, you’ll do it, despite rejection and the worst odds. And it will be better than anything else you can imagine. If you’re going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It’s the only good fight there is.
–Charles Bukowski

&

Only when you forget you are human will you remember you are a god.
–Beastmaster

7 Likes