Best Bit Of Life Advice You Ever Got?

" The struggle IS the blessing. " - my first bf. It took me over a decade to see the beauty of it.

“I’m the only one who has to sleep in my skin, so as long as I’m happy with myself that’s all that matters” - me.

8 Likes

I was out of ice cubes, then my room mate( from some years ago) asked me why I did not do it, because he knew I loves juices or soda with ice cubes,
I answered : " I will do it tomorrow"
Him: "Why you will do it tomorrow when you can do it NOW?
I have never forget about it, a clear lesson about my own procrastination, haha!

1 Like

sometimes it doesn’t matter whos wrong or right, or who should be wrong or right. All that matters is one apology that can make things right.

2 Likes

Never, ever give up!

3 Likes

Carpe Diem- Live for the Day

5 Likes

Something I’m known for saying " I never trust anything with 2 legs that breeds"

6 Likes

This is something life as a whole has taught me:

Be the person about whom it’s said, “Bloody hell, if she wants it that much, we might as well just give it to her” - persist, persevere, make compliance the simplest and most rewarding route, and never ever accept second-best. :wink:

And I do have a really good track record for getting what i want, when I wanted it enough to go full-on. :innocent:

12 Likes

“In every situation, see yourself as being the one in charge, even if you’re not. Telling yourself that you are in charge of your life, readies you to actually BE in charge of your life, and the macrocosm will respond accordingly.” - Belial.

“Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.” - William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night.

“Seek ever for your kingdom, your empire. Concern yourself not with those who are weak of mind, and who seek excuses to flee from their power. You are God now. All of you are God now. Favour the bold, the strong; favour those who favour you, and erase all others from your destiny.” ~ Belial

“Training is nothing. The will is everything. The will to act.” - Batman Begins

There are so many. I find inspiration everywhere.

13 Likes

Life’s not fair, and the world owes you nothing.

4 Likes

Cash does not offend me.

4 Likes

My fave quote for this situation: “Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here.” Fuuuun.

1 Like

I have found, perhaps the most profound life advice I have ever heard, from perhaps the greatest of gurus, the amazing Bill Murray:

“Unless you are a pizza, then the answer is yes, I can live without you.”

Words to live by :star_struck:

7 Likes

@DarkestKnight all your quotes authors’ names begin with B - may be worth pathworking the Bjarka Rune if you can, it jumped out at me on your first post here and then repeated with old Bill. Just a thought, could be your subconscious sending up a message?

(Bill Shakespeare lol! But the pattern holds.)

8 Likes

When your balls touch the floor, you’re doing it right!

That was a common sentence from my Karate Sensei back in the 1990’s, when we were doing split exercises. I’ll guess I did it right, too. It touched the floor, like the egg yolk in a frying pan.

4 Likes

Fuck them. Lol not much in terms of words but the practice is life changing lmao

1 Like

these quotes just gave me life

1 Like

Ha! I never even noticed all the 'B’s.

Very interesting.

3 Likes

“The world is full of Kings and Queens,
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams,
Its heaven and hell, oh well.
They’ll tell you black is really white,
The moon is just the sun at night,
Its heaven and hell, oh well”

5 Likes

“Its like everybody wants to fit in, and everybody wants to be the same, but I want to look like a freak, stand out.”

“Most people feel pain and they look for an outlet, me, I just walk it out, thats what life is about, subjugating pain”

“I have immunity to everything, insults, pain, age, all the negativity society throws at me I throw right back”

Big Lenny, AKA the Tom Platz of Abz

Dont ask.

2 Likes

“If you desire peace, prepare for war. If you desire war, prepare for war.”

7 Likes