Beginner's Sigil magick tutorial (from a psychology paradigm)

Now what are sigils? Sigils are basically symbols that are used as representations of something.

As we may know, your subconscious speaks in the language of symbols and metaphors. It also can do a lot of work for you (don’t believe me? have you ever zoned out while driving and just suddenly “woke up” at your destination, forgetting everything you saw on the way there? what about that time you watched a horror movie and suddenly became aware of every single sound on the room? All the work of your subconscious.)

so i’m going to be providing you with a method to create Sigils named the “A.O. Spare method” after Austin Osman Spare.

1. create a statement of desire in the present tense (your subconscious doesn’t understand time, if you write something that’ll happen in the future it’ll never happen) while writing like you already have it (if you write “I want to have sex with the bartender” then you’ll “want” to have sex with the bartender).

2. remove all the vowels and repeat letters (“I have sex with the bartender” becomes "IHAVESXWTBRND)

3. draw a symbol or picture with all the letters, you can mix and combine the letters together (V is in W, T is in H)

4. insert the sigil into your subconscious mind through single minded focus. visualize/gaze at the symbol while in states of extremely high emotions, pain (burn the sigil while in your hand, letting go of it before it does serious damage of course), meditation or (my favourite) a mind-blowing orgasm (doesn’t matter how, you can masturbate or you can fuck).

Its worth noting that you should be focusing only on the symbol, forget what it means for the duration of this exercise as your subconscious mind will remember even if your conscious mind doesn’t

1. promptly forget the sigil (this is to keep it in your subconscious mind), its recommended to burn it.

Got all that? Good, now i’m going to teach you another method completely different from this one that is infinitely easier.

What can we see from the A.O Spare method? well it involves creating a symbol that your conscious mind won’t remember but your subconscious mind will, it inserts it into your subconscious through extremely high emotions and it doesn’t matter what it means to your conscious mind, its only what it means to your subconscious mind that matters.

from this, we can gather that the above method is not needed, all that is needed is to pick a symbol that your subconscious mind identifies with what you want (a crude drawing of a wallet with “$”’ signs above it to symbolize gaining wealth), forget the meaning consciously and have a mind-blowing orgasm while gazing into the symbol.

This shows that the only thing affecting how well it takes effect is your ability to suspend disbelief (if you constantly think its a pile of shit, you’ll probably feel silly after awhile and your subconscious mind will completely disregard it.), your ability to give meaning to a symbol (its true that doing all the work in the A.O. Spare method would help you drill into your mind what the symbol means but it isn’t necessary) and your ability to just let go and let it drill itself into your subconscious mind.

so go give both methods a try, first the A.O Spare method then the streamlined method (picking a symbol and assigning it meaning, cumming while gazing at the sigil) and see how opportunities to get what you want seem to just pop out of nowhere.

Maybe it was always there and the sigil helped make your subconscious mind look for them or maybe it caused the opportunities to manifest through a projection of your will through your subconscious, either way if it works it works.

33 Likes

I was using this method but with no results at all.Plus the fact that it’s possible to draw an entity’s sigil by mistake and without knowing it.You never know.

1 Like

My partner swears by this stuff but his magick is more hit and miss than mine, but bear in mind that I fit life round magick and he does the opposite, it’s more of a facilitator for him than what he’s really focused on.

One thing he does is makes ALL his sigils into a format that includes his initials, they underlie everything and if the letters are repeated, he doubles them or does on in lower case, whatever looks best. I won’t share on here but one of his intials makes a great framework for things.

His sigils are usually really beautiful to look at, he also uses ink he’s blessed with intention-energy and which I put some energy into as well, and a pen with proper calligraphy nibs, or his own special Sharpies, so even if he accidentally drew the seal of like “the demon of kicking men’s butts” he would still have enough energy in there in other ways to rule out too much cross-contamination.

Also, keeps his sigil papers (A4 size, torn into 4 x A6 sheets) in a special box guarded by an egregore now, and keeps his pens and stuff with some personal power objects, stuff like that.

So while it’s not like ceremonial magick, it all has personal meaning, and yes I checked with him before posting this. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I have no problem to work everyday to fix mistakes i do,but when i don’t know where the problem is my hands are tied.If this method works for others,then the problem is in me.Maybe i can’t get the signal to pass behind the conscious mind.

1 Like

keep in mind this was posted in my blog more geared towards beginners (which is why i’m using the psychological paradigm, to make it easier for them to start suspend disbelief). Its not entirely necessary to do it this way, maybe you’ll do better with another method of charging it.

try gazing at the sigil but instead of cumming to it, visualize your energy pouring into it, with enough time spent this way it may start flashing/glowing, if it doesn’t then simply stop when you feel that the sigil has been charged enough.

when its been charged, burn it and watch the energy being released into the astral to do whatever it is you charged it to do.

3 Likes

Blah blah…
You don’t have to restrict yourself to these guidelines for sigil making. My familiars recently showed me some new techniques in which, the possibilities for sigil making are limitless, well limited only by the imagination and belief of the magician. You can use the more traditional means of sigil making as a starting foundation but don’t limit yourself to just that system.

To do so would be placing restrictions on yourself and your magick.
Magick needs to be dictated by creativity, not systems and rules.
…meow

3 Likes

“demons kicking mens butts” gotta laugh as the first thing which came to my mind when I saw the Dukante version of Lucifuge Rofacal was "shorthand for- 'you better have your shit wired tight with this guy!!!"
You and your boyfriend must be the human form of an earth tremor in your area! can’t wait to meet you guys in person. lol!!

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:3, topic:7271”]My partner swears by this stuff but his magick is more hit and miss than mine, but bear in mind that I fit life round magick and he does the opposite, it’s more of a facilitator for him than what he’s really focused on.

One thing he does is makes ALL his sigils into a format that includes his initials, they underlie everything and if the letters are repeated, he doubles them or does on in lower case, whatever looks best. I won’t share on here but one of his intials makes a great framework for things.

His sigils are usually really beautiful to look at, he also uses ink he’s blessed with intention-energy and which I put some energy into as well, and a pen with proper calligraphy nibs, or his own special Sharpies, so even if he accidentally drew the seal of like “the demon of kicking men’s butts” he would still have enough energy in there in other ways to rule out too much cross-contamination.

Also, keeps his sigil papers (A4 size, torn into 4 x A6 sheets) in a special box guarded by an egregore now, and keeps his pens and stuff with some personal power objects, stuff like that.

So while it’s not like ceremonial magick, it all has personal meaning, and yes I checked with him before posting this. :)[/quote]

I’ve always heard and read that you should eliminate the vowels as well. Necessary, unnecessary, or does it matter? I also have read of different methods of charging the sigil, like concentrating your will and intnt onto it until it blurs, looks 3D, flashes (I’ve never seen a sigil flash), distort in some way, etc… You’re supposed to charge the sigil in these manners until you “feel” it’s doneor that it’s charged when any of the above happen. Valid?

I think you are confusing the Spare style sigils used in Chaos Magick with spirit sigils/seals. It is the spirit sigil/seals that flash or go 3D when you open them.

Spare style sigils can be made via whatever method you prefer. With vowels, without vowels, it really doesn’t matter except whatever makes the process easiest for you. Once created they are “charged” or “fired” via the subconscious mind, which usually involves going into trance, and then forgetting about the purpose of the sigil.

2 Likes

By going into trance, I’m a bit unclear (meditation is hard for me). What do I focus n, if anything? How do You do this?

1 Like

There is a lot of information available here on how to enter a trance. Try this:

3 Likes

Thanks, bro

2 Likes

So the original poster discussed the psychological aspect of sigils. (I had always agreed with this opinion but have some doubts)

However, if sigils work in our subconcious, don’t they also work on the astral plane. So they are psychological and spiritual.

Is that correct?

I am trying to figure out how to get a sigil working on as many levels as possible.

Would I ask an entity to help me charge it?
**if you use masturbation or sex to charge it yourself, is it polite to have a spirit help out with charging too
Or should it be drawn on maybe a planetary magick square?

Of course there are the obvious stacking methods
Carve a sigil into a candle
Draw sigil on right colored paper with magick ink
Draw it on planetary days and hours
Do all the above while chanting divine names or mantras of some sort

What I am wondering is how do I get a sigil working beyond just my own psychology, how do I add power? OR is being in the subconcious enough to accomplish things that will require outside help to achieve

I believe the astral plane is where manifestation of things on Earth start, or am I mistaken about that?

1 Like

thanks for this!

1 Like