BALG RULES - Please read them!

Yes, you can post a YouTube video. Many members have.

The rules against self promotion is mainly aimed at people who come here to promote their monetised blogs, channels or magical services.

Please correct me if I’m wrong, @Lady_Eva

4 Likes

Thank you!! I truly appreciate the response, & clarification!!

3 Likes

Nope, all good, we do ask no-one collect personal info to make something unless they’ve been active 3 months, but uploading your work on YouTube is fine, look forward to seeing it. :+1:

5 Likes

Thank you Lady Eva!! I’m sorry it took me so long to get back to you!! I’m literally just seeing this!!

I’m looking forward to sharing my work with you, & everyone :blush::blush:

1 Like

Hi I’m an ancient member previously read and agree, agree still, and hopefully useful as a male witch of Hecate.

3 Likes

Welcome to all our new members! :smiley:

This little imp has a very important message for you:

intro3

5 Likes

I had seen the requirement to provide information about yourself before I made an account and the rules listed here are all well within my code of respect, so seeing them after making an account provided me insight in to the fact that additional research doesn’t hurt, fortunately the rules here were essentially ingrained in my mind prior to even becoming aware of this forum.

2 sayings/mantras I believe in are;

• Treat people how you want to be treated,
  • If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything.
5 Likes

Understood

1 Like

Read and agree

2 Likes

Now, I see the rule I missed about Personal Reading before three months Seniority.

Cool, accept. :+1:
:blue_heart:Nir666

3 Likes

Read and agree. Though I do have a question. So in the original part of the rules it says to make a new post but other places it says to post in the new member thread. I’ve posted in the new member thread, is that sufficient? I just don’t want to get booted :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes. It is one or the other, whichever you prefer.

2 Likes

I agree with rules😉

1 Like

So I guess if I want to delete my account I just tell one of the moderators to do it? Correct?

Correct

Rule regarding readings has been updated.

As a corollary to this, I am updating this thread to point out that moderation is NEVER performed based on anybody’s UPG, or for any other magickal reason.

What is UPG?
The wikipedia definition is poor, so I will clarify what this means to BALG forums, as we have talked about in thread many a time:

Unverified Personal Gnosis, or UPG for short, is a belief gained through personal experience or intuition that cannot be attributed to or corroborated by other people (it’s not necessarily about “received tradition”). When UPG is confirmed by the independent gnosis from others, ideally two or more people without influence, it’s considered verified for this forums purposes.

We have had, over the years, a small number of people mistake moderation as being not rules based, but an objection to the person’s posted UPG. They will say things to the effect of:

1. Ask the spirits / scan me / do a divination about me/my UPG
  2. I’m legit because spirits say so
  3. I’m the chosen one; rules don’t apply to me
  4. I talked to my spirits about you, (meaning the mod) and you x so you can’t enforce rule y

Please know these talking points are completely irrelevant to moderation and are NOT taken into account. This also means, we do not take moderation action on UPG claims of offence against other members. Using these as an excuse to break rules, still means the rules were broken and that’s all we need to know.

Your UPG is your UPG, and this forum respects UPG, so you can believe whatever you like… what we really care about is your behaviour to other members on the forum, to keep this a welcoming and useful community. :smiley: :+1:

4 Likes