Am I doing meditation wrong?

Hello everyone. Today I started the above chakra meditation, I did one in the morning and now I did it again, but when I do this meditation I feel some discomfort or I feel sick. Is this normal since I just started or am I doing it wrong?

thereā€™s many different types of meditation. Iā€™ve had the most success with energy downloads, reiki in other words. Thereā€™s this website ā€œLove Inspirationā€ and they give this massive reiki system, where you simply download energy basically, and it works, Iā€™ve seen a huge, huge improvement in my energy level, as everything is basically energy.

On that site they also give some meditation tips.

Meditation is basically just sitting there, with your spine straight, and observing the energy of your body. Meditation seems to work best in combination with reiki, which is what youā€™ll get from that Love Inspiration site. Itā€™s all 100% free too, they dont charge money or anything.

1 Like

One of the systems they give is Kundalini Reiki, and you just sit down in a meditation posture, say the words Kundalini Reiki, and let the energy flow through you for 5 minutes.

The reiki systems given in that Love Inspiration website, are really quite nice.

1 Like

Thanks for your advice, but that was not my question. I asked why I feel these things after meditation and if I am doing it wrong.

Itā€™s a bad meditation and no-one should do this ā€œmeditationā€ I feel, not unless you are already fully adept with reading and working with your own energy already so you can adapt it to something useful. I could be wrong, but no, thatā€™s not normal and it doesnā€™t sound like this is a good meditation for you in any case.

Looking at it as an energy worker, this is not a meditation that I would do, partly because I donā€™t believe in using the chakras this way or without a guru, the yogic system is one designed to work with a student and teacher approach. Without the teacher youā€™re spot of in the dark by design. The OP is not that and posts further down show he doesnā€™t understand kunda energy, (not that I do either) and heā€™s not here anymore, so you really have no idea and no help to know what itā€™s doing to you. Only one person used it successfully and they made up what they wanted out of it to get it to work.

This is completely incorrect and a prime example of why westerners should not do ā€œchakraā€ (which means ā€œwheelā€ not orifice) when you canā€™t work with those who understand what chakras are and speak from experience. If you read the rest of the thread thereā€™s someone in there who does and they are trying to point out the errors but he OP is fully in his ego and not listening

This already makes no sense to meā€¦ the question is why? It doesnā€™t ā€œopenā€ the wheels as stated, because they are already ā€œopenā€, so what is this meant to do? If you, the student, cannot supply this for yourself this exercise is already unhelpful.

The given exercise does not do this. Kundalini exercises do this, from inside from the base of the spine up does this, on both qigong and kunda work.

This is probably the problem, youā€™re GOOD at this, you pulled in a shit ton of energy, and this causes way too much uncontrolled energy of random quality to flood your system. Thereā€™s no safety or control here. You could really damage yourself continuing in this chaotic manner.

The updated posted at the end by Calcined is actually not an ā€œupdateā€ but a completely different exercise but much better as itā€™s pretty much basic qigong and applies the practionerā€™s intent properly.

Intent is everything. Leave that out and youā€™ve got nothing helpful, you fill yourself with random energy that doesnā€™t know where it should go or what it should be and make a mess inside yourself.

So all that manifested as feeling sick and Iā€™m not surprised but I think you were lucky and your body is warning you that this is messing your system up.

I think itā€™s really positive that you both got an effect, showing you are making energy move and are fully able to cultivate it, and that you were mindful of your system that it was able to tell you this is jot good for you.

I would say, this is great, keep going and try energy working meditations that are tried and tested over 1000s of years, from authors teaching older methods known to work, get full control and management of your energy and get down basic techniques like grounding, circulating energy and cultivating it, and maybe come back to play with this hot mess when you can watch what itā€™s doing clearly and manage it safely.

A great author for a western approach to kundalini raising is Robert Bruce, I prefer qigong so I look at people like Mantak Chia and Jwing Ming Yang.

2 Likes

I guess I realized that I shouldnā€™t trust every topic lol

Thank youuuuu for your detailed explanation. I am not very knowledgeable as I have just started working on the chakras, so I can make wrong choices.

I will look for other meditations. Is there a meditation you can recommend in this forum?

1 Like

To cultivate energy, use Franz Bardonā€™s pore breathing which is the same as qigong ā€œfull body breathingā€, I went into a bit of detail here:

Stay relaxed to allow it to flow, smile and maintain an easy, welcoming demeanour that simply notices the energy flowing into your body for your best intentions. Having breathed it in, on the out breath think of your lower Dan Tian and let it collect there.

From there you can think of the next point on in line, which is your root or ā€œhui yinā€ and it will flow there. Next think of the next point in like, or in the case of chakras the next chakra and it will flow there. Watch it and notice itā€™s behaviour, does it spin or glow, does it stop and not get to the next point which would indicate a blockage of some kind?

We were just having a conversation here that has a good info dump on beginning qigong. If you combine energy cultivation from pore breathing with @DarkestKnightā€™s suggestion to try the * Pieces of Brocade moving meditation youā€™d be well set to build your qi and keep it balanced without having to get too deeply into the technicalities.

2 Likes

Thanks for the technique. I will start today. After I finish the technique today I will report back here for the start.

2 Likes